- Me
Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

- Doctor Who (Series 14) Discussion -

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

The new season is officially the start of the third Doctor Who era
… What?

A platypus? A platypus with a keyboard? Perry the platypus with a keyboard?

About Me.

| he/him | Jewish | Writer | Comic Fan | Movie and TV fanatic | Marvel, DC, Darkhorse, Image, comics are comics! | Music is cool, I like music | Doctor Who! | Animation is tight | Also new signature!

“Do you know what kind of person becomes a psychologist? A person that wishes deep down that everyone more special than them was sick because healthy sounds so much more exciting than boring. You're average, Britta Perry. You're every kid on the playground who didn't get picked on. You're a business casual potted plant, a human white sale. You're VH1 Robocop 2 and Back to the Future 3. You're the center slice of a square cheese pizza. Actually, that sounds delicious. I'm the center slice of a square cheese pizza. You're Jim Belushi.”
- Evil Abed
HexagonWorld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I think one of the biggest mistakes the Chibnall era made was just… forgetting Ryan's dyspraxia.
Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HexagonWorld wrote:

I think one of the biggest mistakes the Chibnall era made was just… forgetting Ryan's dyspraxia.
I think he forgot Yaz was a cop too.

Graham's bus driving skills were somehow always more relevant.

About Me.

| he/him | Jewish | Writer | Comic Fan | Movie and TV fanatic | Marvel, DC, Darkhorse, Image, comics are comics! | Music is cool, I like music | Doctor Who! | Animation is tight | Also new signature!

“Do you know what kind of person becomes a psychologist? A person that wishes deep down that everyone more special than them was sick because healthy sounds so much more exciting than boring. You're average, Britta Perry. You're every kid on the playground who didn't get picked on. You're a business casual potted plant, a human white sale. You're VH1 Robocop 2 and Back to the Future 3. You're the center slice of a square cheese pizza. Actually, that sounds delicious. I'm the center slice of a square cheese pizza. You're Jim Belushi.”
- Evil Abed
Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

“73 Yards” was honesty, really great! A bit weird but I loved it!

About Me.

- Evil Abed
macandcheeseking
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Platypus_WKeyboard wrote:

“73 Yards” was honesty, really great! A bit weird but I loved it!
Yeah, liked it to
AU-Ratcatcher
Scratcher
1000+ posts

That was the most emotionally taxing episode so far

“hi!”
- Me
HexagonWorld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

That was the most emotionally taxing episode so far
Yeah, I completely agree. Great performances, great directing, made no sense to the level that it turned a 9/10 episode to a 7/10 episode.
HexagonWorld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HexagonWorld wrote:

HexagonWorld wrote:

Another thing is that the rewatch I did is making me notice that RTD is just doing… the same things. He's just doing the same things he did in RTD1 with a new coat of pain.
Pain? I think you mean paint.
Yeah, I meant paint. There's been no new trauma so far.
Okay, well now there's been trauma.
Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HexagonWorld wrote:

HexagonWorld wrote:

HexagonWorld wrote:

Another thing is that the rewatch I did is making me notice that RTD is just doing… the same things. He's just doing the same things he did in RTD1 with a new coat of pain.
Pain? I think you mean paint.
Yeah, I meant paint. There's been no new trauma so far.
Okay, well now there's been trauma.
A whole lifetimes worth lol.

About Me.

- Evil Abed
macandcheeseking
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Dot and Bubble was Good, the ending. was great
AU-Ratcatcher
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I still don’t think the old lady was Ruby.

“hi!”
- Me
HexagonWorld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

????????
Listen, I don't like the ending, but that's not something that can be debated. Ruby was the old lady.
macandcheeseking
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

it literally shows old ruby become the old lady at the end
AU-Ratcatcher
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HexagonWorld wrote:

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

????????
Listen, I don't like the ending, but that's not something that can be debated. Ruby was the old lady.
I mean I feel like there’s something more to it. They never showed her face

“hi!”
- Me
HexagonWorld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

HexagonWorld wrote:

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

????????
I mean I feel like there’s something more to it. They never showed her face
Yes, but also… editing and cinematography mean things.
HexagonWorld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The pacing of this series is really strange. We're only getting 7 stories, two of which are Doctor-Lite and right next to each other.
Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HexagonWorld wrote:

The pacing of this series is really strange. We're only getting 7 stories, two of which are Doctor-Lite and right next to each other.
Ah shoot didn't watch this episode last night.

About Me.

- Evil Abed
HexagonWorld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

“The slugs were heroes. I just couldn't see it.”
HexagonWorld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HexagonWorld wrote:

“The slugs were heroes. I just couldn't see it.”