Discuss Scratch

DerpyPig03
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-SSC (Do not open if you are not a counselor)-

macandcheeseking wrote:

Platypus_WKeyboard wrote:

“I’m John Constantine. I’m not the nicest bloke you’ve ever met. But I try me best. And thats all you can hope for; that in death you do your best to be human. You do your best to do what’s right. My names John Constantine, and here I stay haunted by London. And London haunted by me.”

- Hellblazer # 139

Derpy, we’d be crazy not to adapt these lines somewhere in the trilogy.
it's clearly worth it.
Indeed

FAVORITE BIBLE QUOTE
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a (emphasis added)

FAVORITE MOVIE QUOTE

“One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it.” - Master Oogway
Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Im working on the Constantine prequel book “Hellblazer” and I need help. A major plot point is the apocalypse caused by a war between heaven, hell, the elementals, and magicians. And since the end would be nigh it needs THE FOUR HORSEMEN OF THE APOCALYPSE. But I don't want it to be just any random versions I think it would be interesting to take certain characters and place them into those roles. The four are if you don't know.

War.
Famine.
Pestilence.
And
Death.

So if you know any please suggest characters to fit, please don't suggest any like Ares or Death they don't fit.

A platypus? A platypus with a keyboard? Perry the platypus with a keyboard?

About Me.

| he/him | Jewish | Writer | Comic Fan | Movie and TV fanatic | Marvel, DC, Darkhorse, Image, comics are comics! | Music is cool, I like music | Doctor Who! | Animation is tight | Also new signature!

“Do you know what kind of person becomes a psychologist? A person that wishes deep down that everyone more special than them was sick because healthy sounds so much more exciting than boring. You're average, Britta Perry. You're every kid on the playground who didn't get picked on. You're a business casual potted plant, a human white sale. You're VH1 Robocop 2 and Back to the Future 3. You're the center slice of a square cheese pizza. Actually, that sounds delicious. I'm the center slice of a square cheese pizza. You're Jim Belushi.”
- Evil Abed
DerpyPig03
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Im working on the Constantine prequel book “Hellblazer” and I need help. A major plot point is the apocalypse caused by a war between heaven, hell, the elementals, and magicians. And since the end would be nigh it needs THE FOUR HORSEMEN OF THE APOCALYPSE. But I don't want it to be just any random versions I think it would be interesting to take certain characters and place them into those roles. The four are if you don't know.

War.
Famine.
Pestilence.
And
Death.

So if you know any please suggest characters to fit, please don't suggest any like Ares or Death they don't fit.
Putting DC characters into the roles of the horsemen might seem like a bit of a rip off of Apocalypse's horsemen from X-Men comics…?

FAVORITE BIBLE QUOTE
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a (emphasis added)

FAVORITE MOVIE QUOTE

“One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it.” - Master Oogway
Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DerpyPig03 wrote:

War.
Famine.
Pestilence.
And
Death.

Putting DC characters into the roles of the horsemen might seem like a bit of a rip off of Apocalypse's horsemen from X-Men comics…?

I forgot Apocalypse existed. I say that as an X-Men fan. I'll just go with a less formal idea that still is somewhat similar.

Last edited by Platypus_WKeyboard (Jan. 23, 2024 18:42:21)

About Me.

| he/him | Jewish | Writer | Comic Fan | Movie and TV fanatic | Marvel, DC, Darkhorse, Image, comics are comics! | Music is cool, I like music | Doctor Who! | Animation is tight | Also new signature!

“Do you know what kind of person becomes a psychologist? A person that wishes deep down that everyone more special than them was sick because healthy sounds so much more exciting than boring. You're average, Britta Perry. You're every kid on the playground who didn't get picked on. You're a business casual potted plant, a human white sale. You're VH1 Robocop 2 and Back to the Future 3. You're the center slice of a square cheese pizza. Actually, that sounds delicious. I'm the center slice of a square cheese pizza. You're Jim Belushi.”
- Evil Abed
Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Revive this Collab!

Yee haw!

About Me.

- Evil Abed
HexagonWorld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Revive this Collab!

Yee haw!
I know, pretty much all we need to start writing is Lois's arc.

Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HexagonWorld wrote:

Revive this Collab!

Yee haw!
I know, pretty much all we need to start writing is Lois's arc.
Hmm.

That's a tough one

About Me.

- Evil Abed
Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I just got it in the jaw with motivation to work on Constantine. Just gotta watch the show first

About Me.

- Evil Abed
-Exelsior-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I just got it in the jaw with motivation to work on Constantine. Just gotta watch the show first
If you’re able to u should include some songs by the smiths… their music is kinda eerie but upbeat (also they’re British) so it might fit the vibe. idk if it would work but I think it’d be cool

Hey. I make comics and other stuff. I'm also a writer and animator for the APMU as well as a writer for the MWU and MAU.

My favorite:
Movies: Collateral, Amadeus, 500 Days of Summer, Star Wars original trilogy
Sport: Baseball, Track
Color: Blue
Marvel Character: Spider-man
DC character: Batman
Musical artists: David Bowie, Radiohead, Talking Heads, MF DOOM, Joy Division

-Excelsior!
HexagonWorld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

GRAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

WHAT IS LOIS S ARC I HAVE NO IDEAS

Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HexagonWorld wrote:

GRAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hmm.

Maybe a similar arc to Clarks?

About Me.

- Evil Abed
HexagonWorld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HexagonWorld wrote:

GRAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hmm.

That wouldn't really work though. Clark's arc is so completely tied to that idea that there are 3-4 different versions of him and Lois doesn't have that problem.

Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HexagonWorld wrote:

HexagonWorld wrote:

GRAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hmm.

That wouldn't really work though. Clark's arc is so completely tied to that idea that there are 3-4 different versions of him and Lois doesn't have that problem.
What about Lois trying to get a better work life balance?

About Me.

- Evil Abed
HexagonWorld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HexagonWorld wrote:

HexagonWorld wrote:

GRAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hmm.

What about Lois trying to get a better work life balance?
Metropolis is bottled by Braniac.

Matjam02
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HexagonWorld wrote:

HexagonWorld wrote:

GRAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hmm.

I’m actually writing an outline for a Superman movie (for fun).

For Lois, her arc is realising she doesn’t really need Superman.

Matjam02;
“Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far”
HexagonWorld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Matjam02 wrote:

HexagonWorld wrote:

HexagonWorld wrote:

GRAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hmm.

Wait why are you just writing a Superman Returns prequel

macandcheeseking
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HexagonWorld wrote:

Matjam02 wrote:

HexagonWorld wrote:

HexagonWorld wrote:

GRAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hmm.

Wait why are you just writing a Superman Returns prequel
IDK, I've been busy with stuff to do MOT writing.
AbeHe
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Did end up making a vector for Superman, its not fully finished though, didn't make the face since I figured everyone would want input on that. Vector so far can be found here (in the backdrop) https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/744351177/editor/

Last edited by AbeHe (Feb. 23, 2024 02:52:13)

ym16xs
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AbeHe wrote:

Did end up making a vector for Superman, its not fully finished though, didn't make the face since I figured everyone would want input on that. Vector so far can be found here (in the backdrop) https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/744351177/editor/
the model is pretty good I'll say 8.5/10

I'm an animator
Directer and storyboard artist for the Marvel Omega's first film Deadpool
audition's are out
member of the -PDCU- and Marvel Omega
Owner Of The YMCAU & YDCAU
AbeHe
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ym16xs wrote:

AbeHe wrote:

the model is pretty good I'll say 8.5/10
Thanks, if anyone has any suggestions or ideas for the face be sure to mention em.