Discuss Scratch

drmcw
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Converting Scratch Projects to .exe Files

contrapunctus wrote:

Has anyone had recent success converting to EXE files?
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/17019203/
Notice posted today, but you may be lucky! However looks like the compiler itself should be released soon.

Last edited by drmcw (Nov. 15, 2014 23:23:33)

10 !
ScratchVaders or Galaga?
Maybe Eliza can help you decide?
Marsyas
New Scratcher
1 post

If you are on Mac OS then you can embed the scratch project on a blank webpage and then you can download an application called fluid that will allow you to turn webpages into applications easily.
Discodude16
Scratcher
39 posts

WovenrelmStudios wrote:

I just want to know how to convert to .exe
Theres something on your computer called iexpress which will do it, but the only problem is that you need a whole ton of files. There is a video to do this though.
friendlyyoshi
Scratcher
4 posts

is there a way to turn 2.0 projects to exe without procd yet? because i didn't understand procd. And i heard that 2.0 to exe conversion is confirmed soon for a scratch 2.0 update. Is this true?
ChocolatePi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

post removed

Please do not bump up old topics.

Last edited by ChocolatePi (Jan. 14, 2015 13:00:21)

VoltageGames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Well, since it was bumped, I'll just leave this here and wait for it to be closed.
http://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/78554
(Although I think the thread is still valid, as there is no solid way to convert to .exe and everyone seems to have a bit of a different idea).

Last edited by VoltageGames (Jan. 14, 2015 15:50:37)

i3-6100 / r9 380 / 8 gigs ram / 1 tb hdd

Click here to inflate my ego and thank me for my posts.

fan_of_pixels
Scratcher
46 posts

Teanaway wrote:

drmcw wrote:

I did use scratch2exe once and if you're expecting the project to be compiled you'll be disappointed. All it does is bundle up your project with a copy of Scratch 1.4 and run that. Having said that it does make an exe file that can be run but as you can imagine it's pretty big as it contains not only your project but Scratch 1,4 as well.
dat scratch2exe thing sounds like a creepypasta O________________________O

that's only because .exe is short for execute wich means kill or running script/code

GOD BLESS HAVE MERCY ON MY COMPUTERS RAM

This is the MIDI file in case your interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNBbyckKgOM
fan_of_pixels
Scratcher
46 posts

nathan_tanara wrote:

DIY wrote:

nathan_tanara wrote:

DIY wrote:

Hey guys,

I am doing a coursework project for my A2 Edexcel GCE Applied ICT exam, which requires the creation of an entire multimedia product, comprising of various components (images, videos, animations etc.). There are a wide range of options that can be selected by the student for this required work, which spans from games intended for a particular audience to a brochure for a certain company, advertising the features and services they offer.

In my case, I'll probably be doing something along the lines of the former, with the addition of some educational elements preceding the game which will also provide knowledge on my chosen topic to the viewer of the project. Any platform used to create this piece of coursework is acceptable, as long as the final product is given in an executable format which will subsequently be embedded on a webpage for the examiner's convenience.

As you may have already guessed, I plan to use Scratch as the main program to complete this project. However, while I've seen discussions of SB to EXE (on Windows) and APP (on Mac) converters, I haven't really come across any such downloadable resources which support this, although I did see the Scratch Wiki mentions Scratch2EXE. I would like to know if anyone has used this, and if so, how suitable it is for this purpose. Also, if there are any other reliable downloads, please inform me of their presence.

Thanks for all you help,
DIY

turkey3 wrote:

With Scratch 2.0, you currently can't. But, if you use Scratch 1.4, you can then open the project in Snap, a Scratch mod, and then export it to an EXE file.
Also,you can find iexpress by going to run.
Sorry, but where is iexpress?
Just find it on winxp/vista/7 run program.

don't you need windows xp to run iexpress? im using windows 7 and use scratch 2.0 not 1.4

GOD BLESS HAVE MERCY ON MY COMPUTERS RAM

This is the MIDI file in case your interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNBbyckKgOM
extragamer
Scratcher
1 post

Sorry, but where is iexpress?

You can find “iexpress” only on a Windows OS!
You can find it in the Start menu ( Windows key ) under "Run

If you are using Linux , you need to do it yourself ! However, with ”Wine“ and not with ” IExpress " !
In apple you have also the same make with WineBottler!

I hope that I have answered your question! )
~ extragamer
drmcw
Scratcher
1000+ posts

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/35417838/ is the only way I know of creating an exe from a Scratch 2 project and yes I have tried it and it works.

10 !
ScratchVaders or Galaga?
Maybe Eliza can help you decide?
mrf777
Scratcher
63 posts

DIY wrote:

Hey guys,

I am doing a coursework project for my A2 Edexcel GCE Applied ICT exam, which requires the creation of an entire multimedia product, comprising of various components (images, videos, animations etc.). There are a wide range of options that can be selected by the student for this required work, which spans from games intended for a particular audience to a brochure for a certain company, advertising the features and services they offer.

In my case, I'll probably be doing something along the lines of the former, with the addition of some educational elements preceding the game which will also provide knowledge on my chosen topic to the viewer of the project. Any platform used to create this piece of coursework is acceptable, as long as the final product is given in an executable format which will subsequently be embedded on a webpage for the examiner's convenience.

As you may have already guessed, I plan to use Scratch as the main program to complete this project. However, while I've seen discussions of SB to EXE (on Windows) and APP (on Mac) converters, I haven't really come across any such downloadable resources which support this, although I did see the Scratch Wiki mentions Scratch2EXE. I would like to know if anyone has used this, and if so, how suitable it is for this purpose. Also, if there are any other reliable downloads, please inform me of their presence.

Thanks for all you help,
DIY
full tutorial by me on how to convert it as .exe .jar or .app
click here for tutorial
Bear_Hugs
Scratcher
1 post

ask [How about this project?] and wait

Yeah this one
Phanthomphax
Scratcher
73 posts

How do we export to projects on Snap 4.0? BYOB 3.1 only allows that, but it's not the latest as Snap
MMstudios
Scratcher
2 posts

turkey3 wrote:

With Scratch 2.0, you currently can't. But, if you use Scratch 1.4, you can then open the project in Snap, a Scratch mod, and then export it to an EXE file.

How DO you export it with snap?
Please do send me a video or instructions with pix.
M_axj
Scratcher
100+ posts

I know it's a bit late but here is a video for scratch 2.0 to exe
Alpex
Scratcher
17 posts

Wait so which version of BYOB are you using. When I used snap in the online editor, and tried to export it as an EXE, it came up with a page containing all of the code in text.
when green flag clicked
say [I don't know what happened]
say [My browser / operating system: Windows 7, Chrome 44.0.2403.155, Flash 18.0 (release 0)]
BrainbowStudios
Scratcher
3 posts

Hi, scratchers !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RlJ6nYiXUM
BBS
HBGAMEPRODUCTIONS
Scratcher
1 post

I want to know how to make it a .exe so I can save it and send it to people via email XD