Discuss Scratch

scratchcode1_2_3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Linear equations collab

TeenySpoon wrote:

(#20)

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/49414894/
This one also does quadratic equations, which is pretty impressive. However, it doesn't parse the equation, just asks for input values.
This one, works pretty well, except for the unexpected creature (is that a purple dinosaur? XD
But yeah, it works pretty well, except that it doesn't parse the equation and also uses the same background. It's also very old, from 2015, which is 8 years ago.

TeenySpoon wrote:

(#20)

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/426657742/
This pretty good except it mixed up K and b. Again, ours will actually parse the equation.

That one is kinda funny because it says k instead of b, which is the y-intercept. Something I noticed from this one is that it doesn't use the default scratch background, but the person who made it actually made his/her own graph, but it doesn't actually show the numbers.

By the way, here's another update (help me the block keeps getting more and more complex by the minute ) :

I am scratchcode1_2_3 I like making projects based on…………………………cubes?
select + shift + scroll down to see my signature | Also, comment on my Comment animations #2 + Bonus Q+A!
when green flag clicked
set [scratchcode v] to [1_2_3]
add [hello] to [list v]
stop [every single project v]
BLOCK
define BLOCK
click green flag

SIGNATURE

I'm very helpful when it comes to coding projects, not very helpful when it comes to art decently helpful when it comes to art (i wrote that a long time ago when i couldn't draw) XD
So, If you need help, I'll be there! (when I'm active, of course)

picture made with awesome-llama's image editor– go check it out: scratch | turbowarp it saves to BBCode and other formats as well

Order on my shop now! Orders open! Need staff.

(#^-^) // this is a circly that is now good! he defends my signature! that bite mark is from the time josueart tried to eat it... 
Oh no! The circly was bitten by josueart!

TeenySpoon
Scratcher
500+ posts

Linear equations collab

Nice! Yeah it's getting complicated. Is this the #{op} or the EMDAS sorter?

⚜ TeenySpoon ⚜ Alt: TeenyTea
An absent-minded programmer/artist

A Random Pen Window Manager
⚜ Me ⚜ TeenyForkTeenyKnife

“We are pilgrims on the journey
We are travelers on the road
We are here to help each other
Walk the mile and bear the load”
- “The Servant Song”, David Haas
scratchcode1_2_3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Linear equations collab

TeenySpoon wrote:

(#22)
Nice! Yeah it's getting complicated. Is this the #{op} or the EMDAS sorter?
It's kinda both, since it sorts with pemdas- *ahem* i mean, EMDAS, and then it turns it to #{op} format to then be reinserted to the “Equation” list and queue solved with another block, which returns what y it should be in the current iteration by taking the input variable (x) and using that value.

select + shift + scroll down to see my signature | Also, comment on my Comment animations #2 + Bonus Q+A!
when green flag clicked
add [hello] to [list v]
BLOCK
define BLOCK
click green flag

SIGNATURE

I'm very helpful when it comes to coding projects, not very helpful when it comes to art decently helpful when it comes to art (i wrote that a long time ago when i couldn't draw) XD

picture made with awesome-llama's image editor– go check it out: scratch | turbowarp it saves to BBCode and other formats as well

(#^-^) // this is a circly that is now good! he defends my signature! that bite mark is from the time josueart tried to eat it... 

scratchcode1_2_3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Linear equations collab

Update 4:

What is still needed
It now can successfully replace one operation to #{op} format, but it needs to check for more. After done checking, it will have to run the loop again, and reorganized the #{op} chunks according to their rank.

Yay it's almost done now! I'd say about
[###################-] 90%

Last edited by scratchcode1_2_3 (July 19, 2023 16:57:46)

when green flag clicked
add [hello] to [list v]
BLOCK
define BLOCK
click green flag

SIGNATURE

TeenySpoon
Scratcher
500+ posts

Linear equations collab

scratchcode1_2_3 wrote:

Yay it's almost done now!
Yeah!!!!

Do you want me to do the graphing part when you're done?

scratchcode1_2_3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Linear equations collab

TeenySpoon wrote:

(#25)

scratchcode1_2_3 wrote:

Yay it's almost done now!
Yeah!!!!

Do you want me to do the graphing part when you're done?
Oops sorry, the time you posted that was coincidentally the same as the time where my class meeting started so sorry lol

Anyways, which graphing part? I'm making the part that automaticallly sets the y position on every iteration, but we can make use of your existing script for that, and maybe improve it/modify it a little.

when green flag clicked
add [hello] to [list v]
BLOCK
define BLOCK
click green flag

SIGNATURE

TeenySpoon
Scratcher
500+ posts

Linear equations collab

scratchcode1_2_3 wrote:

Anyways, which graphing part? I'm making the part that automaticallly sets the y position on every iteration, but we can make use of your existing script for that, and maybe improve it/modify it a little.
Ah I see.

Ok then, I'll just see what I need to do once you're done.

Another question:
Where will we post this? On your account or mine? Or do you want to do the thing where each person posts a different version (I really don't see how that's going to work for this project).

scratchcode1_2_3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Linear equations collab

TeenySpoon wrote:

(#27)
Where will we post this? On your account or mine?
b o t h

I'm not sure honestly so let's let the wheel decide:

what you won-

when green flag clicked
add [hello] to [list v]
BLOCK
define BLOCK
click green flag

SIGNATURE

TeenySpoon
Scratcher
500+ posts

Linear equations collab

scratchcode1_2_3 wrote:

what you won-
Lol you should have rigged it before you recorded
It's fine, let's post on both accounts but one is purple and the other is blue (oh no please don't be a flame war)
one marks the points with my emoji and the other stars GREEN CUBE

Last edited by TeenySpoon (July 19, 2023 18:21:28)