2 posts

An explanation of the "New Scratcher" status

NO
(☁ score)
Tahini_245
New to Scratch
1 post

You know how you have to be active when posting projects to be promoted to a Scratcher? What if you take a long time trying to make a good project? Does Scratch still count that as ‘active’?

I don't like being a New Scratcher, but I want to spend more time trying to make an actually good project. Does Scratch still count that as ‘active’?
Super_Isaac_64
Scratcher
23 posts

I don't like being a New Scratcher.

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island is the most awesome game you should have played. (Even with an emulator!)
PopStarYoda
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Super_Isaac_64 wrote:

I don't like being a New Scratcher.

Don't worry Super_Isaac_64! With time you're new account will become a Scratcher. Some ways to help you become a Scratcher are:

• Be active, helpful, and kind in the community
  • Try creating a few projects
  • View and love some other people's projects. Maybe even leave some encouraging and happy comments on them!

I hope this helps!

кᴀтнɪᴇ | ♀ | ɪɴғᴘ | ʀᴀνᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ | ғσʀᴜм нᴇʟᴘᴇʀ | 3 ʏᴇᴀʀs+ σɴ scʀᴀтcʜ | † | нσмᴇѕᴄнσσʟᴇᴅ | cᴜʀᴀтᴇᴅ x1
♥️ ᴘʀσғɪʟᴇsтᴀтsᴀвouт ᴍєwσʀkshoᴘɪɴѕρɪʀᴀтɪσɴ вσᴀʀᴅ ♥️
——————
——————
s_pearls
Scratcher
3 posts

I hope everyone new here has a good time on scratch!

I don't know what to put here so you get this delightful interaction I had with my friend in a rp
“I'm kinda, choking on a penny right now.”
“Put some ice on that. Ice fixes everything. Tyrone taught me that one.”
“Tyrone taught me how to strangle a pig.”
“Looks like Tyrone had favorites.”

(bonus)
“I have 30 pockets.”
“Get on an airplane.”
YayGirlParty
Scratcher
45 posts

jvvg wrote:

When you joined the website, you may have noticed that your user profile says “New Scratcher”. If you haven't, it looks like this:

Anyway, you may find this annoying, because it has a few restrictions. Before making a topic asking how to get rid of it, please read this brief post about it.

Why it's here
The short answer is to prevent spam.
The longer answer is that this arose out of an actual situation that occurred. A while ago, a bunch of trolls created disposable accounts that posted inappropriate images all over the Scratch forums. In order to prevent that from happening again, the Scratch Team decided to create the “New Scratcher” status, so that in order to have the privileges that could lend themselves to trolling or spamming, users would actually have to show that they use the site for real and wait around a little bit. Unless a troll were extremely dedicated (which is exceedingly rare), he or she would get bored and move on before being able to cause any significant damage.

Restrictions
  • Can't use cloud data
  • Have to wait longer between posts
  • Can't edit posts after leaving the page
  • Can't post links to any non-Scratch site on the forums
  • Have to wait 30 seconds between comments
  • Can't post images

How to get rid of it
I knew the criteria on the old website, and it involved the amount of time you were registered, the number of projects you had, the number of comments you had, and the last time you visited the forums. In order to prevent this information from being abused, I am not going to list the exact numbers for each. On this website, I think the criteria are very similar, but may have a few changes.
Just be active, post constructive comments on peoples' projects, make projects, and generally be helpful around the site, and you will eventually find a link on your profile that says “Become a Scratcher”. Click it, and you will be promoted.

Any questions? Just reply to this thread!

Please notify me of any incorrect/outdated information!
Yeah, you have to wait to become a Scratcher.
cittycat8122
Scratcher
3 posts

i joined here 8 months why does it still say new scratcher?
SamF2010
Scratcher
100+ posts

cittycat8122 wrote:

Because you to need share like 50+ projects. Love and favourite 40+ projects and visit the forums 10+ times and be here for over 1 year. Or that was just how much it took me to get full status.

when green flag clicked
set status to [new scratcher]
wait (1.2) years
set status to [scratcher]

Last edited by SamF2010 (July 11, 2020 05:40:45)

panda-wat
Scratcher
100+ posts

SamF2010 wrote:

cittycat8122 wrote:

Because you to need share like 50+ projects. Love and favourite 40+ projects and visit the forums 10+ times and be here for over 1 year. Or that was just how much it took me to get full status.

when green flag clicked
wait (1.2) years
actually, you get a message from the ST when your email has been confirmed for two weeks, but maybe it takes longer if you get reported?

My browser/operating system: Microsoft BOB 1.0, gateway 2000 edition
panda-wat
Scratcher
100+ posts

cittycat8122 wrote:

you did not use the link the st sent in your mail.

My browser/operating system: Microsoft BOB 1.0, gateway 2000 edition
cittycat8122
Scratcher
3 posts

SamF2010 wrote:

cittycat8122 wrote:

when green flag clicked
wait (1.2) years
in my old account, it took me only 1 month or 2 weeks idk
Abigblueworld
Scratcher
500+ posts

The “second” sticker post!
COOL

, Abigblueworld! :D
Girl,_ Gamer,_scratcher,_ BALDI/Uglydolls FAN,_ Former GD player and Roblox player!
GD: GDABIGBLUEWORLD
ROBLOX: GDABIGBLUEWORLD and Hitormissgonnamissya
ABIGBLUEWORLD 2019-2020 all stuff free to scratch. :)
SCRATCH ON!
Abigblueworld
Scratcher
500+ posts

cittycat8122 wrote:

SamF2010 wrote:

cittycat8122 wrote:

when green flag clicked
wait (1.2) years
in my old account, it took me only 1 month or 2 weeks idk
It took me 2-3 weeks (maybe) for me to be scratcher.
when green flag clicked
forever
if <(Stats) = [scratcher]> then
play sound [Being friendly... v] until done
end
end

, Abigblueworld! :D
Girl,_ Gamer,_scratcher,_ BALDI/Uglydolls FAN,_ Former GD player and Roblox player!
GD: GDABIGBLUEWORLD
ROBLOX: GDABIGBLUEWORLD and Hitormissgonnamissya
ABIGBLUEWORLD 2019-2020 all stuff free to scratch. :)
SCRATCH ON!
SamF2010
Scratcher
100+ posts

panda-wat wrote:

SamF2010 wrote:

cittycat8122 wrote:

when green flag clicked
wait (1.2) years
actually, you get a message from the ST when your email has been confirmed for two weeks, but maybe it takes longer if you get reported?
Um, I never got a email and I have never been reported.
ElegantJoker
Scratcher
31 posts

please click on this link https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/27133328/
Greenpic
Scratcher
14 posts

Hi I am green pic I am a scratcher I live in Bangladesh all new scratchers follow me
DuoStudios
Scratcher
11 posts

I am interested in being a Scratcher
Misty_Air
Scratcher
100+ posts

Super helpful

Hi! I have 2 months of experience in scratch( on different accounts). I love helping out, answering questions, and making projects! If you have any questions, please ask.
Have a nice day
Scratchbro2010
Scratcher
7 posts

jvvg wrote:

When you joined the website, you may have noticed that your user profile says “New Scratcher”. If you haven't, it looks like this:

Anyway, you may find this annoying, because it has a few restrictions. Before making a topic asking how to get rid of it, please read this brief post about it.

Why it's here
The longer answer is that this arose out of an actual situation that occurred. A while ago, a bunch of trolls created disposable accounts that posted inappropriate images all over the Scratch forums. In order to prevent that from happening again, the Scratch Team decided to create the “New Scratcher” status, so that in order to have the privileges that could lend themselves to trolling or spamming, users would actually have to show that they use the site for real and wait around a little bit. Unless a troll were extremely dedicated (which is exceedingly rare), he or she would get bored and move on before being able to cause any significant damage.

Restrictions
  • Can't use cloud data
  • Can't post images

How to get rid of it
I knew the criteria on the old website, and it involved the amount of time you were registered, the number of projects you had, the number of comments you had, and the last time you visited the forums. In order to prevent this information from being abused, I am not going to list the exact numbers for each. On this website, I think the criteria are very similar, but may have a few changes.
Just be active, post constructive comments on peoples' projects, make projects, and generally be helpful around the site, and you will eventually find a link on your profile that says “Become a Scratcher”. Click it, and you will be promoted.

jvvg wrote:

Why it's here

Restrictions
  • Can't use cloud data
  • Can't post images

How to get rid of it

jvvg wrote:

Why it's here

Restrictions
  • Can't use cloud data
  • Can't post images

How to get rid of it

Speaking of New Scratcher, just today I got the Become A Scratcher, so does that mean I get the access to Cloud variables!?
Vannakreach
Scratcher
100+ posts

Since I was a new scratcher is too bad I cannot do anything but when I a scratcher I feel good know how to use everything! -Vannakreach

CTRL+SHIFT+DOWN to see more siggy
Banner made by @GrahamSH!

@ HridayTheCreator

http://cubeupload.com/im/Vannakreach/B157A7D741284A5B90E0.jpeg