Discuss Scratch

Bluestar18
Scratcher
5 posts

Become a Curator on the Scratch Homepage

I'd like to curate! XD I have lots of friends! I'll curate my bff's best project because she's new.
LavenderGhost97
Scratcher
10 posts

To Scratch Team And The Owner Of This Topic Paddle2See.
I'd like to be curator on the scratch homepage as i believe i could find some quite unpopular projects and curate them, I try to help scratch become a better community (Although i fail a lot) and maybe this could help collabs that need members get a shout out, I haven't fully considered that i should because on some occasions to some people it may seem stupid to have me as curator because i can get aggressive. but i hope that i will become curator one day and support the least popular get more popular unlike some curators who choose what they find good throughout the popular projects which i find unfair. I would update this every day to get a new project curated. as such, i believe that i would need about 17-19 projects that i could curate for both weeks. Yours Sincerly-LavenderGhost97 (Formerly Troto)

TechyTester
Scratcher
74 posts

Dear Scratch Team, I am interested in becoming a curator. I think that it would be nice to have projects that aren't viewed or loved as much to be in a “mini-feature” on the front-page for others to see. I would be curating the following…
• simple games
• complex games
• technique tutorials
•special techniques
• perhaps quick animations
• juicy stories
• …and more!

I have been using Scratch for about four years now (on an alternate account of mine that's old that I don't use), so I am experienced with Scratch. I would really especially like to add projects from my favorites, like these:
a 3-D Game (complex game)
a quick and funny animation (quick animation)
a 3-D car simulation (special techniques)

I would avoid curating projects with 28 love-its or more, 16 favorites or more, or 160 views or more, for those projects may already be starting to do what I called “skyrocket”. I would also avoid projects from people with 200 or more followers, because I'd like to curate projects by people who aren't already well-known on Scratch.

Let's stay away from the popularity reasons now. Being popular isn't everything, which I found out once I got my third/thirteenth (I think) front-page.

I have been curated before in my life, so I know how it feels to have a rather unknown project skyrocket. My first time getting curated made me very excited and happy for a while, and I'd like to reproduce that onto others. I like to make others happy, so I think that this would be a good job for me. I've also always wanted to help out with Scratch however I could, and this would be what I wanted to do.

Thank you for reading.
Sincerely, TechyTester

signatures are for scrubs
Zeeshan7890
Scratcher
12 posts

Hello scratch team my name is Zeeshan7890 and I want to be a curator nearly all my friends are curators and I would like to be one. I will only curator nice projects and I will never curate my project so I hope you will make me a curator.
HeadphoneHappy
Scratcher
79 posts

I'd love to become a curator! If I got picked, I'd post:
-Funny videos that mak people smile,
-Animations
-Anything I think the viewers would enjoy
) Thanks for reading this, I dont know if I'll be picked because alot of people are great at making games and really like to post cool stuff. But, I'm sure that people would like what I choose. ))

Hello there fellow Scratchers! I like to make animations and art! I'd love it if you'd hop over to my page, and say hello! I love meeting new people! <333

LionScratch
Scratcher
500+ posts

bob

ghost towns
doodle-girl41
Scratcher
11 posts

It would be an honour if I could become a scratch curator!

I love scratch and especially the extremely creative and unique projects within!!!

If I did become a curator, I'd mainly curate projects that are unique, platformer adventures or sand box (e.g. beauty salon) games

I also take a lot of interest in graphics and the smoothness of a project so the finish is very important…

I hope you consider me as a worthy curator when and if I do!

thanks,

~Doodle

jamdickens
Scratcher
7 posts

i want to be a curator because i would be fair.
i would only curate projects with only under 100 views so new up and coming projects would get more fame and you could see more new generation projects, projects that haven't been chosen in the last month so the same projects aren't chosen over and over again, projects that aren't inappropriate and would give a bad name to scratch, projects that are educational and can further other scratchers scratch-ucation(hehe), and finally, projects that are very interesting and would make people who are just viewing the website want to join scratch and are inspired by the games i curated so much, that they would want to join scratch to build these games too.
lol90
Scratcher
500+ posts

Why I want to be curator? Well that's easy. I want to show Scratch the underrated gems that need more attention! I think I would be a good curator because I can show all of Scratch that making a project will not be a lost effort due to only a select few ever getting front page. I would mostly curate games and simulations, but I will also curate animations. One such game would be this: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/18034042/
Games like these show dedication to the game and hard work put into the game. I would also find under-rated stuff in the new stuff selection and curate whatever shows the most work put into it. Bottom line, some projects get overshadowed for the sole reason that the person isn't popular, and I want to show the unknown scratchers that you can too be as good as what may be featured! (Although knowing me, I'll probably never get the job in the next fifty billion eons.)

Last edited by lol90 (Feb. 19, 2014 00:11:00)

The end.
Semi99999
Scratcher
34 posts

TamazingT wrote:

Zellie23 wrote:

A Curator has to have good judgement, and i have that. Im not going to write a whole paragraph im not that desperate
same
Well thats not gonna get you the position. You should add some effort if you really would like to become a curator. Just a suggestion! If not, well I dont know!

:DSemi99999:D
Semi99999
Scratcher
34 posts

Hey Scratch team! My name is Semi99999 if you didn't already notice! I have been on scratch a really long time, almost around 4 years without an account and just months ago I finally decided to create one! I know how this community works, and what people should, or should not do. I go on scratch and learn new things about people and how the community works, every morning I wake up, then go on scratch to see whats new! I would also love to make a really big change in this amazing community because it is such an awesome place to be! The only reason I am writing this right now is because I would like to be a curator on scratch to curate projects that haven't had enough attention, and get that attention that I think they deserve. I have seen many projects that I look inside, and there is so much scripting and so hard to create, but that project only has one or two views. I will also curate educational and multilingual projects. If you make me a curator I will only curate projects that are not a remix, unless the person whom remixed changed a lot, and created their own project out of it, not the exact same as the original project, but with many changes. I will also curate projects that are simple, but stand out over the others. I will not curate friends or family's projects, only people whom I have never met, unless like I said earlier, that project stands out over the others. I will not curate any copies that are not remixes, but only projects that the scratcher made. I will curate projects that are finished, or almost finished, and give good suggestions to those that are not finished. All in all I would love to become a curator and either you will or will not, I will still be happy on this awesome scratch community!
Thank you! And I hope you let me become a curator!

What I will curate:
1. Projects under 25 love-its
2. projects under 20 favorites
3. Projects that are not created by friends or family unless they stand out
4. No Remixes unless they have been greatly changed
5. Projects that are NOT copied
6. Projects that look complicated
7.Projects with much simplicity that stand out

:DSemi99999:D
AstroDeci
Scratcher
34 posts

Projects that show what Scratch and its users can do deserve to be highlighted. If I were to become Curator, I would curate not only these types of projects, but others as well. Projects that are exciting to see, entertaining animations, educational projects, quality games and good art, whether it be mathematical shapes or just drawings either made on scratch or scanned to the computer. As a Curator, I would be fair, not curate only projects my friends and family have made (especially since my real life friends are not on Scratch, and neither are my family members), not spam favorites with all of the projects that I love, because if I do that, it would be really hard for other Scratchers to see the projects I would curate, and not to answer spam on my projects or profile. It would be a great experience to become Curator, and I hope I can be one.

Thank you,
AstroDeci

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predetermined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”
“I am pleased a book on science competes with the memoirs of pop stars. Maybe there is some hope for the human race.”
“My goal is simple. It is a complete understanding of the Universe, why it is as it is and why it exists at all.”
“I want to know why the Universe exists, why there is something greater than nothing.”
“No one can resist the idea of a crippled genius.”
-Stephen Hawking (all)
SunDragon27
Scratcher
1 post

Hi there! I would like to be a curator for the following reasons
1: There are WAY too many scratchers that put everything they have into their projects. I would like to help them get some acknowledgement for their hard work.
2: I have seen projects that have been curated that are really good, but are by popular scratchers, and that is not fair to the lesser known scratchers.
3: I would like to curate many genres of projects, the projects I have seen are mostly games and animations

Thanks for reading this, and please consider me for a curator!
MBMain
Scratcher
3 posts

Hi, I decided to apply I mean I doubt I can get curator 1. I'm new to scratch but I am a scratcher. 2. There are too many awesome applications here. But anyway.

Hi I'm MBMain I used to be a different scratcher which was on for much longer if I was a curator I'd choose different projects everyday:
Animations
Art project
Games
Complex projects
inspirational projects
etc.
I'd like to pick small projects and ones that deserve more views/loves/favorites then they've got I wouldn't choose a project because it's made by a friend or a scratcher I like or even to gain followers the way I see scratch is it's a loving community which is made for learning and fun there's no popularity in it.

~MBMain

repeat until <Scratchers Stop Scratching.>
say [!WARNING! Never gonna happen! :D]

end

Check out my projects I hope you'd like them.
Madystar4
Scratcher
4 posts

Hello. I would LOVE to be a scratch curator! I would greatly appreciate it if you made me a scratch curator. The types of projects I would curate, Are the good programmed ones. But there are many other projects themes I would like to curate. Like most curators, I wouldn't curate requested projects, but it depends. If it is a really great project that looks like it could use some attention, I would happily curate it. Any rushed, small, and unreasonable projects I would most likely not curate. And when I say ‘Small’ I mean projects that used a very small amount of effort. (For example: A project with no background, barely any scripts, Or doesn't work/non working scripts. I'll show you what I mean with the scripts down below.
when [ b] key pressed
when [ v] < (20)
play note ( g) for (0.5) beats

Another example. These are some examples of projects I would curate.
-http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/2803981/ (A fun and addicting platformer game. I had gotten addicted)
-http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1035873/ (I found this while searching, and it actually tells you a few words, animals and a bunch of other stuff in Romanian!)
-http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/546160/ (This is a RPG scratch game. Its pretty neat to me! I think it deserves some attention. I wouldn't have thought of this!)

And that is only part of the projects I would curate! I would only curate it if…
  • It was programmed well.
    It was every interesting, like something that I had a very large interest in.
    I would NOT curate a project that has over 50+ Loves/favourites.
    I would NOT curate a project if it was featured, or if it was curated by some scratcher before me.
    I would NOT curate a project if it had like about 1000+ views. Lets give other projects some fame too.
And some other things.

So, I hope you consider making me a scratch curator. It would be the best days of my life.
~Madystar4
BGD_12345
Scratcher
11 posts

Dear Scratcher Team or whoever may be looking at this,
I am very interested in being a curator. I have been on scratch for about nine months. I am on scratch almost every day and have a lot of time to devote to scratch. I also spend about 20-30 min. searching for projects that are not on the main page, though I look at the main page often too. I find a lot of interesting projects while doing this though not all the projects I find are known to the scratch community. I will list a broad list of scratch programs and then pick out of the list giving more people chances for their project to be on the main page. If I become a curator I would gladly curate projects that I think are interesting, unique, and unknown to the scratch community. Also I would devote even more time to scratch and take on the responsibility of a curator. I hope you consider this message.

Thanks,
BGD_12345
Paki-Tak
Scratcher
18 posts

I uh doubt that you guys will actually curate me, considering the fact that a lot of people have applied ahead of me… But hey? I can try… Besides, it's not the end of the world if I don't get to be a curator. I'd love to though. Um I think nobody will read this, but I'm still going to try. I want to become a curator so that projects that nobody has paid attention to will become noticed… I really am hoping for the best… Gosh, I just noticed that there is over 27 pages full of people wanting to curate too… How can I put myself ahead of them now? I don't want to write a whole page for nothing… I guess I'm not going to be a curator at this rate. There are some really good people who should curate out there, too. I have to do something though. I dunno. Maybe I'll get lucky, but relying on luck isn't the best strategy. It's all I've got though, so I cross my fingers… ~Paki-Tak

Last edited by Paki-Tak (Feb. 20, 2014 19:34:54)

i'm a weeb, meow
PuppetThreads
Scratcher
3 posts

I would be overjoyed if I could curate someones studio! I promise I would let in the interesting, unique projects that people would like to see! If anyone sees this that wants me to curate, message me on my profile! Also I really don't care what type of projects are in the studio! (But I do in fact love animations and platformers!) I would like to provide my expertise to the scratcher community. Thanks Scratchers!

Last edited by PuppetThreads (Feb. 20, 2014 20:22:34)

yobrobob
Scratcher
2 posts

I would like to be a Scratch Curator because I have been a Scratcher for two years now. Don't let my projects that I have uploaded fool you, I am working on several projects that are all MUCH more advanced than those. I also appreciate the small things when it comes to Scratch. I will notice if someone spent painstaking hours getting bugs out and keeping the project as lag free as possible. I will upload a variety of projects,
such as:
1: Engines that I think the community could benefit from.
2: Projects that are simple to play, yet addicting.
3: Projects that the creator has obviously put time in to
4: Projects that are simplistic and original

I will NOT curate my own projects. If I feel my project deserves to be curated, I will ask another curator to decide.

I would LOVE the opportunity to Curate on Scratch!!!
MiniFluffyBug
Scratcher
500+ posts

Dear Scratch Team,

Hi, I'm MiniFluffyBug! I've never applied for this before. If I was curator, then that would be awesome! I would make sure the people who don't normally get a lot of views got seen. I like games that are like this:
Example
Basically, I like creative games. And adventure games. Thanks for considering!

~MiniFluffyBug

This signature has been eaten by kumquats. It will recover soon!