Discuss Scratch

GIitchInTheMatrix
Scratcher
1000+ posts

There should be a green scratch character

7salad3salad wrote:

CT-OfficialScratcher wrote:

GIitchInTheMatrix wrote:

Most of the other Gobo’s friends are named after storage units, i believe, Tera, Nano, Giga. Maybe the new one could be Mega or Yotta.
“Mega” would be too similar to the great video game, megaman. Maybe “Quetta” if female or “Ronto” if male. I think it should be a girl because Gobo, Nano, Pico, and mostly Scratch Cat are guys, then Tera and Giga are women. It has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I am a girl, I actually prefer the boy designs.
I don't actually think some of them have genders, I could be wrong though
I believe they are all non-binary.

this is my signature
I simply exist
waitwhat2288
Scratcher
100+ posts

GIitchInTheMatrix wrote:

Most of the other Gobo’s friends are named after storage units, i believe, Tera, Nano, Giga. Maybe the new one could be Mega or Yotta.

They're named after Greek roots.

Terra, which I believe is the accurate spelling, is Greek for trillion, Nano is Greek for a billionth, Giga is Greek for billion, and I would presume Pico is a trillionth. However, I'm unsure if Gobo is a Greek prefix.

Last edited by waitwhat2288 (May 9, 2023 13:40:38)

yo
CT-OfficialScratcher
Scratcher
500+ posts

waitwhat2288 wrote:

GIitchInTheMatrix wrote:

They're named after Greek roots.

Terra, which I believe is the accurate spelling, is Greek for trillion, Nano is Greek for a billionth, Giga is Greek for billion, and I would presume Pico is a trillionth. However, I'm unsure if Gobo is a Greek prefix.
Mega and Yotta aren't also greek? How about Ronto and Quetta then?
CoconutGator
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Zetta seems like a nice name. i'm wondering if Exa is too short…
Exa sounds very nice

Guess I should use the signature for explaining myself rather than Skyrim quotes. So hi. I'm Gator.

Metal albums I like:
* From Mars to Sirius - Gojira
* Citadel - Ne Obliviscaris
* With All Their Might - Dyscarnate
* Ghost Reveries - Opeth
* Monarchy - Rivers of Nihil

Recommend me more (please)
CT-OfficialScratcher
Scratcher
500+ posts

CoconutGator wrote:

Exa sounds very nice
Yes, it does. But the only other scratch original character with a three letter name is “scratch CAT” and he's the mascot.
GIitchInTheMatrix
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CoconutGator wrote:

Exa sounds very nice
Yes, it does. But the only other scratch original character with a three letter name is “scratch CAT” and he's the mascot.
So? That doesn’t mean they own three letter names.

this is my signature
I simply exist
CT-OfficialScratcher
Scratcher
500+ posts

GIitchInTheMatrix wrote:

CoconutGator wrote:

Exa sounds very nice
So? That doesn’t mean they own three letter names.
Good point, then Exa it is! do any of you prefer Quetta though?
CT-OfficialScratcher
Scratcher
500+ posts

cs3868895 wrote:

Paddle2See wrote:

I like green. It would be a good color for a Scratch character of some kind. I don't know if we're looking for new characters at the moment - but if we are, we should consider green.
Noice. you can see my version over here.#8

_-CoolTanokifan173-_ wrote:

cs3868895 wrote:

-snip-
Plant.
the remix tree.

That actually looks unique and not like a reshape or recolour of a already existing mascot. It does look like Gobo's cousin which looks very cute and lovley.
But overall I looked into this studio looked for some other nice ideas for a green mascot to help with those who always want things in rainbows (I personally do not like rainbows because I think they are too bright) And I found some other good and green mascots which is Larry, Geo, and Jetson.
-snip- Larry looks nice! I don't now about the other ones
Yeah I like Larry, but the name doesn't fit the (something)bytes standard. The bright green one seems real cute, but not like the other originals. He might work well as an OC for a scratch team member. The other one… er… is really just green scratch cat with goggles and a robo leg. Maybe his long lost cousin? Could be good for a fandom post. However, he can definitely not be a sprite. Sorry, just… too awkward!
cs3868895
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Paddle2See wrote:

I like green. It would be a good color for a Scratch character of some kind. I don't know if we're looking for new characters at the moment - but if we are, we should consider green.

cs3868895 wrote:

-snip-
Plant.
the remix tree.

That actually looks unique and not like a reshape or recolour of a already existing mascot. It does look like Gobo's cousin which looks very cute and lovley.
But overall I looked into this studio looked for some other nice ideas for a green mascot to help with those who always want things in rainbows (I personally do not like rainbows because I think they are too bright) And I found some other good and green mascots which is Larry, Geo, and Jetson.

Yeah I like Larry, but the name doesn't fit the (something)bytes standard. The bright green one seems real cute, but not like the other originals. He might work well as an OC for a scratch team member. The other one… er… is really just green scratch cat with goggles and a robo leg. Maybe his long lost cousin? Could be good for a fandom post. However, he can definitely not be a sprite. Sorry, just… too awkward!
Geo is fine
Jet for Jeston?
Larr for Larry?
Plow maybe tree for plant?

Last edited by cs3868895 (May 9, 2023 15:05:13)

Fish more ideas
I'm Fishy a cis bi female.
sorry, but as of currently, I'm moving platforms, I can't handle the drama.

wikibro300000
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Valtren- wrote:

Mockup:

Please don't quote this image just to put your reaction to it, it's unconstructive.
-
Jokes aside, couldn't you just recolour one of the existing characters?
How is that a joke, you just made something that would just be PERFECT!

Paddle2See wrote:

I like shreck. It would be a good character. I don't know if we're looking for new shrecks at the moment - we ofcourse have Frank A complete rip off of shreck
Ya, they are considering it

Last edited by wikibro300000 (May 9, 2023 15:17:20)

Random guy lol
cs3868895
Scratcher
1000+ posts

wikibro300000 wrote:

-Valtren- wrote:

Mockup:

Please don't quote this image just to put your reaction to it, it's unconstructive.
-

Paddle2See wrote:

I like shreck. It would be a good character. I don't know if we're looking for new shrecks at the moment - we ofcourse have FrankA complete rip off of shreck
Sir that was just a joke >_> not shriek of course

Fish more ideas

wikibro300000
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cs3868895 wrote:

wikibro300000 wrote:

-Valtren- wrote:

Mockup:

-

Paddle2See wrote:

I like shreck. It would be a good character. I don't know if we're looking for new shrecks at the moment - we ofcourse have FrankA complete rip off of shreck
Nah bro

Would be…mwa, perfecto

Random guy lol
CT-OfficialScratcher
Scratcher
500+ posts

cs3868895 wrote:

Paddle2See wrote:

cs3868895 wrote:

-snip-
Plant.
the remix tree.

Geo is fine
Jet for Jeston?
Larr for Larry?
Plow maybe tree for plant?
Larbytes and Plowbytes don't exist. It's fine that Larry (of what I know) is a man since this name is gender neutral (more common in girls IRL but in computers it's non binary, why not rename “Larry” into “Exa?” No offense, there is absolutely no logic in naming the tree guy “tree” since there are already tree sprites. Don't forget about the name “Ronto!” That could also work.
CT-OfficialScratcher
Scratcher
500+ posts

wikibro300000 wrote:

cs3868895 wrote:

wikibro300000 wrote:

-Valtren- wrote:

Mockup:
-snip-
-

Paddle2See wrote:

Nah bro
-snip-
Would be…mwa, perfecto
Ha-ha, very funny, I like Shrek movie, but please don't joke in this forum. AND MOST OF ALL, FAKE QUOTING AND MOCKING SCRATCH TEAM MEMBERS IS SO AGAINST THE GUIDELINES!
wikibro300000
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AND MOST OF ALL, FAKE QUOTING AND MOCKING SCRATCH TEAM MEMBERS IS SO AGAINST THE GUIDELINES!
It was all just a joke…The quote. NAW, WE NEED TO ADD THE

Last edited by wikibro300000 (May 9, 2023 15:27:10)

Random guy lol
cs3868895
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Larbytes and Plowbytes don't exist. It's fine that Larry (of what I know) is a man since this name is gender neutral (more common in girls IRL but in computers it's non binary, why not rename “Larry” into “Exa?” No offense, there is absolutely no logic in naming the tree guy “tree” since there are already tree sprites. Don't forget about the name “Ronto!” That could also work.

Tera is already choosen peta is conversational
what about atto?

Fish more ideas

CT-OfficialScratcher
Scratcher
500+ posts

wikibro300000 wrote:

AND MOST OF ALL, FAKE QUOTING AND MOCKING SCRATCH TEAM MEMBERS IS SO AGAINST THE GUIDELINES!
-snip-
What the heck bro? You aren't even contributing. BUT YES, SHREK RULES!!! And thanks for clarification that you weren't mocking @Paddle2See , just joking about our perfect young Mr. Shrekman here.
GIitchInTheMatrix
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cs3868895 wrote:

Tera is already choosen peta is conversational
what about atto?
A petabyte is a real number of bytes. It isn’t based in the organization.

this is my signature
I simply exist
cs3868895
Scratcher
1000+ posts

wikibro300000 wrote:

-snip-
-snip
Alright can we just get back on topic

Fish more ideas

wikibro300000
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cs3868895 wrote:

wikibro300000 wrote:

-snip-
-snip
Alright can we just get back on topic
Alright, I will stop
but like

wikibro300000 wrote:

-snip-
What the heck bro? You aren't even contributing. BUT YES, SHREK RULES!!! And thanks for clarification that you weren't mocking @Paddle2See , just joking about our perfect young Mr. Shrekman here.
lol

it was, just a joke like ocourse im not…nvm actually,
look at the boi

Last edited by wikibro300000 (May 9, 2023 15:33:37)

Random guy lol