~go to x: ( ) y: ( ) z: ( )
~glide (1) secs to x: ( ) y: ( ) z: ( )
~< is touching color >
~<color is touching color >
~move variable to x: ( ) y: ( )
~create variable
~remove variable
~clear everything made with <>
(might want to shorten the name of this one)
~show for (1) secs
~hide for (1) secs
~2.0 cloning blocks

These are all of my block ideas! All of these but two are stack blocks. The first one (repeat for (3) secs) is a C Block and the Second one is one of those oval type blocks! Enjoy my ideas

OMG FIRST ONE ON THIRD PAGE

Last edited by MinecraftParty77 (Aug. 8, 2013 01:30:47)

Zombies: Remastered

A Brand New Survival game, based off the original game ZOMBIES and ZOMBIES II: TNT Apocalypse.

Play it when it's available!
peregrine
Scratcher
28 posts

YourMod - I want your ideas!

elfin8er wrote:

DigiTechs wrote:

elfin8er wrote:

DigiTechs wrote:

The run program block seems dangerous because you can run programs such as shutdown.exe, and shut the computer down
The delete file could also be dangerous.

Also, you should add GUI blocks (Like the ones added by panther).
You could have the same kind of warning like Panther for file I/O
That's probably be the best way to go.
you could try detecting the os and setting I/O restrictions for folders that are normally safe in that os.

Urgent news!
Evil Kumquats no longer seem to feast on signatures anymore.
They now feast on Discuss buttons.
We need to save them!
#Bring_It _Back
peregrine
Scratcher
28 posts

in create a new block you can currently only create stack blocks.what about custom oval blocks and eval.s.

Last edited by peregrine (Aug. 8, 2013 06:38:49)

Urgent news!
We need to save them!
#Bring_It _Back
BigBlueBlock
Scratcher
500+ posts

create notification in notification area. message:[] icon:[]
Synspyre
Scratcher
5 posts

A couple ideas:
<received {v broadcast}>
Give clones their own variables
Create variable {variable name}
make {text} uppercase
make {text} lowercase
average {v list}
word (number) of {text or variable}
item {v any} of {v list}
((number) to the power of (number))
OR ((number) ^ (number))
turn (number) to {v binary{
turn (number) to {v decimal}
turn (number) to {v hexadecimal}
turn (number) to {v decimal}
Et cetera…
pick color
touching sprite {v any}
Hidden variables (only the owner can see them if the game is unpublished, he/she can turn on or off two ‘modes’ of the variable, unchangeable after publishing:
-Creator-only mode: Only the creator of the program can see the the variable value.
-No-one mode (?): Nobody can see what the value of the variable is (useful for creating password-protected accounts in programs)
Variables that can hold pictures?

Last edited by Synspyre (Aug. 8, 2013 19:03:21)

davidkt
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How about an (internet connection) reporter block? It would go in Sensing.
Edit: Darn it! The [scratchblocks] tag doesn't work anymore…

Last edited by davidkt (Aug. 8, 2013 19:40:37)

Remember when I looked like this? I still do.

Float, my Scratch 2.0 mod | My (somewhat under-construction) blog
peregrine
Scratcher
28 posts

what about vidios, you could download from youtube direct to scratchmod.

Urgent news!
We need to save them!
#Bring_It _Back
CNMustang
Scratcher
33 posts

3D Scratch with a code translator. It is undeniable man. Everyone would like a 3d scratch. Also has a publisher for certain game consoles like xbox one/360 or PS3/PS4 or Ouya or Wii/Wii U or PC/MAC/Linux or Android/Ios/Windows Phone.

If you don't know hat an Ouya is look up this site.

www.Ouya.tv
dreamod
Scratcher
100+ posts

CNMustang wrote:

3D Scratch with a code translator. It is undeniable man. Everyone would like a 3d scratch. Also has a publisher for certain game consoles like xbox one/360 or PS3/PS4 or Ouya or Wii/Wii U or PC/MAC/Linux or Android/Ios/Windows Phone.

www.Ouya.tv
I'm working on a 3D scratch. Your latter suggestion seems a bit far fetched, though. Since they work completely differently…

么么哒
CNMustang
Scratcher
33 posts

dreamod wrote:

CNMustang wrote:

www.Ouya.tv
I'm working on a 3D scratch. Your latter suggestion seems a bit far fetched, though. Since they work completely differently…

Did you atleast look at the url I posted?

www.Ouya.tv
CNMustang
Scratcher
33 posts

Scratch that can make simple core operating systems, not virtual os's'.

Brand new Idea. Also has compatibility blocks.
dreamod
Scratcher
100+ posts

CNMustang wrote:

dreamod wrote:

CNMustang wrote:

www.Ouya.tv

www.Ouya.tv
I apologize, I did not. It's a console isn't it? Well, I still don't think such a thing would be reasonably possible. Most of this games are probably written in C++ while Scratch is written in Squeak. Theoretically it's possible but I don't know anybody who could do it. I'm sorry to crush your dreams. Have a nice day!

么么哒
CNMustang
Scratcher
33 posts

dreamod wrote:

CNMustang wrote:

dreamod wrote:

CNMustang wrote:

www.Ouya.tv

www.Ouya.tv
I apologize, I did not. It's a console isn't it? Well, I still don't think such a thing would be reasonably possible. Most of this games are probably written in C++ while Scratch is written in Squeak. Theoretically it's possible but I don't know anybody who could do it. I'm sorry to crush your dreams. Have a nice day!
You can make a game in any language and run it on any device. You just have to program it to be compatible with the device's os and controls.
nathanprocks
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CNMustang wrote:

dreamod wrote:

CNMustang wrote:

dreamod wrote:

CNMustang wrote:

www.Ouya.tv

www.Ouya.tv
You can make a game in any language and run it on any device. You just have to program it to be compatible with the device's os and controls.
The Ouya is based on Android. There is already a Squeak Android port (might have to be modded to work with the Ouya). I think running Scratch or a Scratch modification on the Ouya would be too slow. You could possibly export the projects as Unity3D projects though. Unity3D can export games for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Xbox, Wii, Playstation, and Ouya. That would require converting all the scripts to JavaScript, C#, or Boo.

My browser / operating system: Macrosoft Winding XO, Internet Exploder 6.0, Angel Player ver.:1.2.5
;
CNMustang
Scratcher
33 posts

dreamod wrote:

CNMustang wrote:

dreamod wrote:

CNMustang wrote:

www.Ouya.tv

www.Ouya.tv

nathanprocks wrote:

CNMustang wrote:

dreamod wrote:

CNMustang wrote:

dreamod wrote:

CNMustang wrote:

www.Ouya.tv

www.Ouya.tv
The Ouya is based on Android. There is already a Squeak Android port (might have to be modded to work with the Ouya). I think running Scratch or a Scratch modification on the Ouya would be too slow. You could possibly export the projects as Unity3D projects though. Unity3D can export games for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Xbox, Wii, Playstation, and Ouya. That would require converting all the scripts to JavaScript, C#, or Boo.
It has 1 gB of memory and 8 gB Disk space, I think it can handle a scratch project. If it couldn't handle one, then they couldn't release it till it was fixed.
nathanprocks
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CNMustang wrote:

dreamod wrote:

CNMustang wrote:

dreamod wrote:

CNMustang wrote:

www.Ouya.tv

www.Ouya.tv

nathanprocks wrote:

CNMustang wrote:

dreamod wrote:

CNMustang wrote:

dreamod wrote:

CNMustang wrote:

www.Ouya.tv

www.Ouya.tv
It has 1 gB of memory and 8 gB Disk space, I think it can handle a scratch project. If it couldn't handle one, then they couldn't release it till it was fixed.
I am just assuming that it would be slow to run Scratch in the Squeak VM on the Ouya because it is slow on Android tablets and stuff. Exporting Unity3D projects would run much faster.

My browser / operating system: Macrosoft Winding XO, Internet Exploder 6.0, Angel Player ver.:1.2.5
;
CNMustang
Scratcher
33 posts

nathanprocks wrote:

CNMustang wrote:

dreamod wrote:

CNMustang wrote:

dreamod wrote:

CNMustang wrote:

www.Ouya.tv

www.Ouya.tv

nathanprocks wrote:

CNMustang wrote:

dreamod wrote:

CNMustang wrote:

dreamod wrote:

CNMustang wrote:

www.Ouya.tv

www.Ouya.tv
I am just assuming that it would be slow to run Scratch in the Squeak VM on the Ouya because it is slow on Android tablets and stuff. Exporting Unity3D projects would run much faster.
I don't think I would run scratch on the ouya, but develop projects for the ouya, sure. Using Panther2EXE, then opening it in Unity, then publishing for Ouya. See my point. It needs a little conversion to get there.
nathanprocks
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CNMustang wrote:

nathanprocks wrote:

CNMustang wrote:

dreamod wrote:

CNMustang wrote:

dreamod wrote:

CNMustang wrote:

www.Ouya.tv

www.Ouya.tv

nathanprocks wrote:

CNMustang wrote:

dreamod wrote:

CNMustang wrote:

dreamod wrote:

CNMustang wrote:

www.Ouya.tv

www.Ouya.tv
I don't think I would run scratch on the ouya, but develop projects for the ouya, sure. Using Panther2EXE, then opening it in Unity, then publishing for Ouya. See my point. It needs a little conversion to get there.
It won't be that simple. You can't just create an exe and open it in Unity3D. You have to convert all the code and 3D models and other assets.

;
davidkt
Scratcher
1000+ posts

@CustomEpicness, yours and Dreamod's usernames both have to do with your mods! Dreamod's making a dream mod and your mod is custom epicness!

Remember when I looked like this? I still do.

Float, my Scratch 2.0 mod | My (somewhat under-construction) blog
TheMatrixKid
Scratcher
100+ posts

Move variable thingamajig to x,y
Change variable thinamagjig style to ( v)
Find colour at x,y
Colour variables
RGB command
Play pitch for x seconds
Stop sound (x)
Sound variables

I'm a CDR! Born under CONSes!