Discuss Scratch

peppermintpatty5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Version Preservation

I was wondering about what will happen to Scratch 1.4 if and when the version after 2.0 is released. Will 1.4 projects be compatible with all future versions? Will we still be able to download 1.4? Please tell me what you think will happen below, or if I can someone from the Scratch team can guarantee that 1.4 will always stick around, that would be very reassuring.

#BringBackDiscuss
fastmapler
Scratcher
100+ posts

Is this supposed to be a joke? 2.0 has been out for a long time now, and yes, 1.4 projets will work on scratch. Also, you can download scratch 1.4 Here.

This post should in the questions about scratch too.

"¡so ʇxǝʇ ʎɯ ʎɹʇ" ~ Fastmapler
peppermintpatty5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

fastmapler wrote:

Is this supposed to be a joke? 2.0 has been out for a long time now, and yes, 1.4 projets will work on scratch. Also, you can download scratch 1.4 Here.

This post should in the questions about scratch too.
No, you obviously didn't read very carefully. I'm aware that you can download Scratch 1.4, I'm aware that 1.4 projects work with 2.0. But 1.4 is being called “outdated” on the wiki page. I hope therefore that when the next version of Scratch is out, 1.4 won't go away like 1.3 and below did.

#BringBackDiscuss
KingOfAwesome58219
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Taking down the 1.4 download link would just be a waste of time - I don't see why you would take it down. I'm sure that once 3.0 or some other complete reprogram of the interface comes out, there will be some sort of list that allows people to access and download 1.4 and 2.0. And both projects of the now older versions will still probably be compatible.