Discuss Scratch

MegaApuTurkUltra
Scratcher
1000+ posts

phosphorus runs unshared projects

Thepuzzlegame wrote:

Superdoggy wrote:

s218029 wrote:

-snip-
-snip-
I'm afraid neither of these are completely foolproof as someone can still download the unshared project with either MegaApuUltra's tool or getsb2, from there they can open up the project in the editor and remove any scripts which prevent them from running the project before they run the project.
In my Jetski project, I had scripts that detect if one is on the ban list and scripts that detect when they click the download project button randomly placed in a huge scripts area so it's pretty hard to find them (unless you zoom out, I realized. But I could have made the area bigger). The ban list one just stops all scripts immediately (it's for if anyone happened to abuse multiplayer or chat - they wouldn't be able to access the cloud while in editor, even if they removed the script. Luckily I haven't had to ban anyone yet ). The download one permanently changes variables that affect 3D rendering and aren't changed anywhere else, making the entire project non-functional.

So, for unshared projects, you could edit the JSON manually to make the scripts area huge, like 1Mx1M (using a block at the corner), and then place your username checker script somewhere in there.

$(".box-head")[0].textContent = "committing AT crimes since $whenever"
99scratchmaster99
Scratcher
24 posts

phosphorus runs unshared projects

it also lets you play scratch games on some tablets

when green flag clicked
repeat until < (project) = [done]>
add [code] to [ project v]
end
Muffin_Berry
Scratcher
47 posts

phosphorus runs unshared projects

MegaApuTurkUltra wrote:

NickyNouse wrote:

I just found phosphorus and I'm really excited because it's awesome. However, it looks like it can convert unshared projects, i.e. you can use it to view people's unfinished projects. Just putting that out there, use that information however you will.
I'm pretty sure I've complained about Scratch's bad security more than once and being able to load JSON and assets for unshared projects was one of my complaints…

Anyway, what is phosphorus and what does it do?

No idea. Although I do know what the chemical phosphorous does…

I'm still here, but not the most active. I'm active on Deviantart sometimes though..
elijahf10
Scratcher
42 posts

phosphorus runs unshared projects

Phosphorus can also run DELETED projects.

h
Znapi
Scratcher
500+ posts

phosphorus runs unshared projects

elijahf10 wrote:

Phosphorus can also run DELETED projects.
Yeah, deleted projects aren't actually deleted when you click “empty trash”. My guess is that the things don't start getting deleted until space gets tight. I had a project deleted for over a year that I was able to recover(it only had one missing asset), thanks to @Dylan5797.
drowlands
Scratcher
24 posts

phosphorus runs unshared projects

Superdoggy wrote:

s218029 wrote:

nXIII wrote:

bluo100 wrote:

Hey, I was wondering if I could use phosphorus to host an unshared scratch 2.0 or sb2 file on my website without sharing the project to Scratch. I want to do this to bypass the attribution 3.0 on shared scratch projects agreement so I can use my projects for my own purposes. Is it possible to use phosphorus to do a sort of sharing system within my own web browser and server space then? Locally? Or is phosphorus not able to do that or perhaps there is some sort of terms or conditions relating to it.
The easier way to do this is to upload the project to Scratch and not share it. phosphorus plays unshared projects, so you can embed it on your site pretty easily, and the terms of use somewhat vaguely offer that you have to share your project for the CC license to apply (“If you do not want to license your content under this license, then do not share it on Scratch.”)

The harder way is to clone phosphorus and run it from your own server. It works with PHP or node.js, but you'll have to modify one of the HTML files a bit to get it to load projects from your server.

The easiest way (which currently doesn't work): eventually you'll be able to paste URLs for non-Scratch .sb2 files into the project URL input, at which point the player will load the project from that URL and let you embed it. This means you can upload the project to your own server instead of Scratch's server.
Here's a troll way to stop people from viewing your project…

… Make a sprite with a black background and they wont see the project!

Am I right folks?
No.

Instead, to protect unshared projects, just run a script when timer > 0.01, “if not username = (your username here)”, mess up all the variables (permanently, if possible) and freeze up the project. Just be careful when scripting it so that you don't ruin your project or lock yourself out. And 100% never ever forget to take the script out before sharing.

I'm not sure though if freezing up unshared projects when somebody who is viewing them shouldn't be is allowed. IDK… maybe a better alternative would be simply to stop the project.

(Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damages if you use my idea. Also, if you want to use a “freeze protect” type script in unshared projects, make sure to clear it with the scratch team first! )
That would work, as it does not have an editor, so having just a simple script to stop it would work.
jainrain
Scratcher
100+ posts

phosphorus runs unshared projects

Huh

idkkkkkkkkk
__init__
Scratcher
1000+ posts

phosphorus runs unshared projects

jainrain wrote:

Huh
Please don't necropost - posting on old, dead topics that haven't been posted in for over a month. Thanks.

thisandagain pls explain
Dylan5797
Scratcher
1000+ posts

phosphorus runs unshared projects

-Commit to the discussion-

User the API to set the JSON to {} when you want your project deleted forever.

comp09
Scratcher
1000+ posts

phosphorus runs unshared projects

Dylan5797 wrote:

-Commit to the discussion-

User the API to set the JSON to {} when you want your project deleted forever.
It won't.

There's a version history, AND there's a chance my bot scooped it up into its database to be preserved forever.


Visit the website of Andrew Sun!


liam48D
Scratcher
1000+ posts

phosphorus runs unshared projects

comp09 wrote:

Dylan5797 wrote:

-Commit to the discussion-

User the API to set the JSON to {} when you want your project deleted forever.
It won't.

There's a version history, AND there's a chance my bot scooped it up into its database to be preserved forever.
My goodness you must have a lot of storage

202e-202e-202e-202e-202e UNI-CODE~~~~~
comp09
Scratcher
1000+ posts

phosphorus runs unshared projects

liam48D wrote:

comp09 wrote:

Dylan5797 wrote:

-Commit to the discussion-

User the API to set the JSON to {} when you want your project deleted forever.
It won't.

There's a version history, AND there's a chance my bot scooped it up into its database to be preserved forever.
My goodness you must have a lot of storage
No I don't. I was just being slightly sarcastic (and trying to make the point that anything you put on the Internet can't be permanently deleted).


Visit the website of Andrew Sun!


WooHooBoy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

phosphorus runs unshared projects

comp09 wrote:

liam48D wrote:

comp09 wrote:

Dylan5797 wrote:

-Commit to the discussion-

User the API to set the JSON to {} when you want your project deleted forever.
It won't.

There's a version history, AND there's a chance my bot scooped it up into its database to be preserved forever.
My goodness you must have a lot of storage
No I don't. I was just being slightly sarcastic (and trying to make the point that anything you put on the Internet can't be permanently deleted).
well it can, but it probably won't be

considered harmful
Dylan5797
Scratcher
1000+ posts

phosphorus runs unshared projects

WooHooBoy wrote:

comp09 wrote:

liam48D wrote:

comp09 wrote:

Dylan5797 wrote:

-Commit to the discussion-

User the API to set the JSON to {} when you want your project deleted forever.
It won't.

There's a version history, AND there's a chance my bot scooped it up into its database to be preserved forever.
My goodness you must have a lot of storage
No I don't. I was just being slightly sarcastic (and trying to make the point that anything you put on the Internet can't be permanently deleted).
well it can, but it probably won't be
Don't say anything most scratchers don't know that

elijahf10
Scratcher
42 posts

phosphorus runs unshared projects

__init__ wrote:

jainrain wrote:

Huh
Please don't necropost - posting on old, dead topics that haven't been posted in for over a month. Thanks.

There's nothing wrong with that.

h
gdpr533f604550b2f20900645890
Scratcher
1000+ posts

phosphorus runs unshared projects

elijahf10 wrote:

__init__ wrote:

jainrain wrote:

Huh
Please don't necropost - posting on old, dead topics that haven't been posted in for over a month. Thanks.

There's nothing wrong with that.
Actually, necroposting is against the Discuss Scratch rules.
elijahf10
Scratcher
42 posts

phosphorus runs unshared projects

Chibi-Matoran wrote:

elijahf10 wrote:

__init__ wrote:

jainrain wrote:

Huh
Please don't necropost - posting on old, dead topics that haven't been posted in for over a month. Thanks.

There's nothing wrong with that.
Actually, necroposting is against the Discuss Scratch rules.

Oh.

h
-Io-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

phosphorus runs unshared projects

elijahf10 wrote:

Chibi-Matoran wrote:

elijahf10 wrote:

__init__ wrote:

jainrain wrote:

Huh
Please don't necropost - posting on old, dead topics that haven't been posted in for over a month. Thanks.

There's nothing wrong with that.
Actually, necroposting is against the Discuss Scratch rules.

Oh.
There are only a couple of times where it's allowed. In the suggestions forum it's mildly allowed, and on ITopics it's completely allowed

Jonathan50
Scratcher
1000+ posts

phosphorus runs unshared projects

-Io- wrote:

elijahf10 wrote:

Chibi-Matoran wrote:

elijahf10 wrote:

__init__ wrote:

Please don't necropost - posting on old, dead topics that haven't been posted in for over a month. Thanks.

There's nothing wrong with that.
Actually, necroposting is against the Discuss Scratch rules.

Oh.
There are only a couple of times where it's allowed. In the suggestions forum it's mildly allowed, and on ITopics it's completely allowed
^^^
also if you made a topic about a problem you were having and it's still a problem then it's often OK.
Cloud-Runner
Scratcher
36 posts

phosphorus runs unshared projects

Lemme just barge into this conversation cause I'm just like that.

I like this new phosphorus thingy, I can show my friends stuff that are still a WIP :3

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile