Discuss Scratch

NickyNouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

phosphorus runs unshared projects

I just found phosphorus and I'm really excited because it's awesome. However, it looks like it can convert unshared projects, i.e. you can use it to view people's unfinished projects. Just putting that out there, use that information however you will.
bobbybee
Scratcher
1000+ posts

phosphorus runs unshared projects

Yeah…

unshared != private.

“Ooo, can I call you Señorita Bee?” ~Chibi-Matoran
XGamer01
Scratcher
500+ posts

phosphorus runs unshared projects

That looks bad…

No signature currently stored in profile.

PullJosh
Scratcher
1000+ posts

phosphorus runs unshared projects

Yep! In fact, the default project phosphorus loads isn't shared.

To be honest, I kind of like it that way, because you can create games and post them on a website or something without sharing them on scratch.

Base 10 is the best number system.
NickyNouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

phosphorus runs unshared projects

Yeah, I can see pros and cons. I just thought I'd make people aware of it
MegaApuTurkUltra
Scratcher
1000+ posts

phosphorus runs unshared projects

NickyNouse wrote:

I just found phosphorus and I'm really excited because it's awesome. However, it looks like it can convert unshared projects, i.e. you can use it to view people's unfinished projects. Just putting that out there, use that information however you will.
I'm pretty sure I've complained about Scratch's bad security more than once and being able to load JSON and assets for unshared projects was one of my complaints…

Anyway, what is phosphorus and what does it do?

$(".box-head")[0].textContent = "committing AT crimes since $whenever"
NickyNouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

phosphorus runs unshared projects

It's an HTML canvas Scratch player.
blob8108
Scratcher
1000+ posts

phosphorus runs unshared projects

MegaApuTurkUltra wrote:

I'm pretty sure I've complained about Scratch's bad security more than once and being able to load JSON and assets for unshared projects was one of my complaints…
Yeah, the ST are definitely aware of it. The scratchblocks generator had this problem over a year ago.

tosh · slowly becoming a grown-up adult and very confused about it
nXIII
Scratcher
1000+ posts

phosphorus runs unshared projects

Hi! I made phosphorus.

blob8108's right: this security issue has been around for a while and it doesn't seem very high-priority to the ST. When they do fix it, you'll have to share projects to get them to run in phosphorus, but until then I don't see any reason to patch this in my own code.

nXIII · GitHub
gdpr0000072
Scratcher
13 posts

phosphorus runs unshared projects

nXIII wrote:

Hi! I made phosphorus.

blob8108's right: this security issue has been around for a while and it doesn't seem very high-priority to the ST. When they do fix it, you'll have to share projects to get them to run in phosphorus, but until then I don't see any reason to patch this in my own code.

Hey, I was wondering if I could use phosphorus to host an unshared scratch 2.0 or sb2 file on my website without sharing the project to Scratch. I want to do this to bypass the attribution 3.0 on shared scratch projects agreement so I can use my projects for my own purposes. Is it possible to use phosphorus to do a sort of sharing system within my own web browser and server space then? Locally? Or is phosphorus not able to do that or perhaps there is some sort of terms or conditions relating to it. Please reply soon.

Keep Scratching!

My youtube channel.
nXIII
Scratcher
1000+ posts

phosphorus runs unshared projects

bluo100 wrote:

Hey, I was wondering if I could use phosphorus to host an unshared scratch 2.0 or sb2 file on my website without sharing the project to Scratch. I want to do this to bypass the attribution 3.0 on shared scratch projects agreement so I can use my projects for my own purposes. Is it possible to use phosphorus to do a sort of sharing system within my own web browser and server space then? Locally? Or is phosphorus not able to do that or perhaps there is some sort of terms or conditions relating to it.
The easier way to do this is to upload the project to Scratch and not share it. phosphorus plays unshared projects, so you can embed it on your site pretty easily, and the terms of use somewhat vaguely offer that you have to share your project for the CC license to apply (“If you do not want to license your content under this license, then do not share it on Scratch.”)

The harder way is to clone phosphorus and run it from your own server. It works with PHP or node.js, but you'll have to modify one of the HTML files a bit to get it to load projects from your server.

The easiest way (which currently doesn't work): eventually you'll be able to paste URLs for non-Scratch .sb2 files into the project URL input, at which point the player will load the project from that URL and let you embed it. This means you can upload the project to your own server instead of Scratch's server.

nXIII · GitHub
MemoByte
Scratcher
93 posts

phosphorus runs unshared projects

nXIII wrote:

bluo100 wrote:

Hey, I was wondering if I could use phosphorus to host an unshared scratch 2.0 or sb2 file on my website without sharing the project to Scratch. I want to do this to bypass the attribution 3.0 on shared scratch projects agreement so I can use my projects for my own purposes. Is it possible to use phosphorus to do a sort of sharing system within my own web browser and server space then? Locally? Or is phosphorus not able to do that or perhaps there is some sort of terms or conditions relating to it.
The easier way to do this is to upload the project to Scratch and not share it. phosphorus plays unshared projects, so you can embed it on your site pretty easily, and the terms of use somewhat vaguely offer that you have to share your project for the CC license to apply (“If you do not want to license your content under this license, then do not share it on Scratch.”)

The harder way is to clone phosphorus and run it from your own server. It works with PHP or node.js, but you'll have to modify one of the HTML files a bit to get it to load projects from your server.

The easiest way (which currently doesn't work): eventually you'll be able to paste URLs for non-Scratch .sb2 files into the project URL input, at which point the player will load the project from that URL and let you embed it. This means you can upload the project to your own server instead of Scratch's server.


Was phosporus hard to make? How long did it take?
Thepuzzlegame
Scratcher
1000+ posts

phosphorus runs unshared projects

MemoByte wrote:

Was phosphorus hard to make? How long did it take?
Please don't necropost, if you want to ask nxll about phosphorus a better place would be his profile page.

hi!
SuperSonicmario
Scratcher
100+ posts

phosphorus runs unshared projects

Phosphorus, best website ever since 2015
Because it can view unshared projects

Been using Scratch for way too long
s218029
Scratcher
100+ posts

phosphorus runs unshared projects

Oooooook…

Phosphorus?

I see that it runs any kind of project you want to see.

nXIII Is right.

If you want people not to see your unshared/unfinished project… Don't share it.

But yeah… there are other problems to this…

Who Needs Signatures?



This signature is bad.
MegaApuTurkUltra
Scratcher
1000+ posts

phosphorus runs unshared projects

s218029 wrote:

Oooooook…

Phosphorus?

I see that it runs any kind of project you want to see.

nXIII Is right.

If you want people not to see your unshared/unfinished project… Don't share it.

But yeah… there are other problems to this…
Even my project downloader can download unshared and even ST-deleted projects Don't try it. I'm not responsible for misuse of my tool.

$(".box-head")[0].textContent = "committing AT crimes since $whenever"
Thepuzzlegame
Scratcher
1000+ posts

phosphorus runs unshared projects

MegaApuTurkUltra wrote:

Even my project downloader can download unshared and even ST-deleted projects Don't try it. I'm not responsible for misuse of my tool.
So can getsb2

hi!
s218029
Scratcher
100+ posts

phosphorus runs unshared projects

nXIII wrote:

bluo100 wrote:

Hey, I was wondering if I could use phosphorus to host an unshared scratch 2.0 or sb2 file on my website without sharing the project to Scratch. I want to do this to bypass the attribution 3.0 on shared scratch projects agreement so I can use my projects for my own purposes. Is it possible to use phosphorus to do a sort of sharing system within my own web browser and server space then? Locally? Or is phosphorus not able to do that or perhaps there is some sort of terms or conditions relating to it.
The easier way to do this is to upload the project to Scratch and not share it. phosphorus plays unshared projects, so you can embed it on your site pretty easily, and the terms of use somewhat vaguely offer that you have to share your project for the CC license to apply (“If you do not want to license your content under this license, then do not share it on Scratch.”)

The harder way is to clone phosphorus and run it from your own server. It works with PHP or node.js, but you'll have to modify one of the HTML files a bit to get it to load projects from your server.

The easiest way (which currently doesn't work): eventually you'll be able to paste URLs for non-Scratch .sb2 files into the project URL input, at which point the player will load the project from that URL and let you embed it. This means you can upload the project to your own server instead of Scratch's server.
Here's a troll way to stop people from viewing your project…

… Make a sprite with a black background and they wont see the project!

Am I right folks?

Who Needs Signatures?



This signature is bad.
Superdoggy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

phosphorus runs unshared projects

s218029 wrote:

nXIII wrote:

bluo100 wrote:

Hey, I was wondering if I could use phosphorus to host an unshared scratch 2.0 or sb2 file on my website without sharing the project to Scratch. I want to do this to bypass the attribution 3.0 on shared scratch projects agreement so I can use my projects for my own purposes. Is it possible to use phosphorus to do a sort of sharing system within my own web browser and server space then? Locally? Or is phosphorus not able to do that or perhaps there is some sort of terms or conditions relating to it.
The easier way to do this is to upload the project to Scratch and not share it. phosphorus plays unshared projects, so you can embed it on your site pretty easily, and the terms of use somewhat vaguely offer that you have to share your project for the CC license to apply (“If you do not want to license your content under this license, then do not share it on Scratch.”)

The harder way is to clone phosphorus and run it from your own server. It works with PHP or node.js, but you'll have to modify one of the HTML files a bit to get it to load projects from your server.

The easiest way (which currently doesn't work): eventually you'll be able to paste URLs for non-Scratch .sb2 files into the project URL input, at which point the player will load the project from that URL and let you embed it. This means you can upload the project to your own server instead of Scratch's server.
Here's a troll way to stop people from viewing your project…

… Make a sprite with a black background and they wont see the project!

Am I right folks?
No.

Instead, to protect unshared projects, just run a script when timer > 0.01, “if not username = (your username here)”, mess up all the variables (permanently, if possible) and freeze up the project. Just be careful when scripting it so that you don't ruin your project or lock yourself out. And 100% never ever forget to take the script out before sharing.

I'm not sure though if freezing up unshared projects when somebody who is viewing them shouldn't be is allowed. IDK… maybe a better alternative would be simply to stop the project.

(Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damages if you use my idea. Also, if you want to use a “freeze protect” type script in unshared projects, make sure to clear it with the scratch team first! )








































Thepuzzlegame
Scratcher
1000+ posts

phosphorus runs unshared projects

Superdoggy wrote:

s218029 wrote:

-snip-
-snip-
I'm afraid neither of these are completely foolproof as someone can still download the unshared project with either MegaApuUltra's tool or getsb2, from there they can open up the project in the editor and remove any scripts which prevent them from running the project before they run the project.

hi!

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile