Discuss Scratch

shadowmouse
Scratcher
100+ posts

Z-Cloud (Also, but not technically, 3D Scratch)

You'd also have to put in
change by ()
and
set to
.The other options for the dropdown would be yaw and roll.
P.S. About the idea I mentioned earlier (merging dream and z-cloud), you said that you didn't want to because you didn't want to overcomplicate things. Why not have something that when the file menu is shift clicked allows you to toggle the advanced features. This way it would come as simple, 3-d scratch. But would then allow for the power of dream if people knew what they were doing. It would also mean that you don't have to make blocks twice and would get rid of the annoyance of wanting features of different mods in one file.

I'm making a game! It's a old-metroid/mega man esque side scroller/shooter. If your interested in anything from drawing to sounds, please message on one of my projects!
dreamod
Scratcher
100+ posts

shadowmouse wrote:

change by ()
and
set to
P.S. About the idea I mentioned earlier (merging dream and z-cloud), you said that you didn't want to because you didn't want to overcomplicate things. Why not have something that when the file menu is shift clicked allows you to toggle the advanced features. This way it would come as simple, 3-d scratch. But would then allow for the power of dream if people knew what they were doing. It would also mean that you don't have to make blocks twice and would get rid of the annoyance of wanting features of different mods in one file.
Interesting thought. I'll consider it

么么哒
FireNinjaGAME
Scratcher
100+ posts

dreamod wrote:

shadowmouse wrote:

change by ()
and
set to

Oh, definitely do this. This is the only 3D Scratch, so if it lacks features that are constant for mods, then people won't be able to do much.

But add in advanced features, and people can do EVERYTHING!!!

P.S: A 3D Editor in the app would be unbelievably useful. Seriously, Blender gives me a headache looking at it Besides, “New Scratchers” won't be able to do much in Z-Cloud if they can't make the 3D stuff.

Last edited by FireNinjaGAME (July 18, 2013 21:26:34)

Moving on from Scratch, to much bigger things. It's gonna be one fun adventure.
davidkt
Scratcher
1000+ posts

FireNinjaGAME wrote:

dreamod wrote:

shadowmouse wrote:

change by ()
and
set to

Oh, definitely do this. This is the only 3D Scratch, so if it lacks features that are constant for mods, then people won't be able to do much.

But add in advanced features, and people can do EVERYTHING!!!

P.S: A 3D Editor in the app would be unbelievably useful. Seriously, Blender gives me a headache looking at it Besides, “New Scratchers” won't be able to do much in Z-Cloud if they can't make the 3D stuff.
I agree.

Remember when I looked like this? I still do.

Float, my Scratch 2.0 mod | My (somewhat under-construction) blog
FireNinjaGAME
Scratcher
100+ posts

Are you still working on this?

Moving on from Scratch, to much bigger things. It's gonna be one fun adventure.
dreamod
Scratcher
100+ posts

FireNinjaGAME wrote:

I've promised myself to never give up on my projects. so, yes.

么么哒
nathanprocks
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dreamod wrote:

FireNinjaGAME wrote:

I've promised myself to never give up on my projects. so, yes.
I wish I could promise myself that and not break it.

My browser / operating system: Macrosoft Winding XO, Internet Exploder 6.0, Angel Player ver.:1.2.5
;
hppavilion
Scratcher
100+ posts

Still working on it?
dreamod
Scratcher
100+ posts

hppavilion wrote:

Still working on it?
sort of.

么么哒
meowflash
Scratcher
500+ posts

Z-Cloud? 3D Scratch? With Z-Cloud, you could make 3D easily!

More Stuff|My Bandcamp
My DeviantArt|Intro Voting For December 2015 August 10th 2016
Check out my Github, too!

Kumquats, this signature is inedible and poisonus.
Also try the code below in IBNIZ.
sxsaxAr+waxBr-*
hppavilion
Scratcher
100+ posts

dreamod wrote:

hppavilion wrote:

Still working on it?
sort of.
Projected alpha? How… worky is it? Is there actually a 3D capability yet?
dreamod
Scratcher
100+ posts

hppavilion wrote:

dreamod wrote:

hppavilion wrote:

Still working on it?
sort of.
Projected alpha? How… worky is it? Is there actually a 3D capability yet?
Well…. I'm actually really sorry. There is a version of squeak that was created that supports 3D. If I manage to port scratch to that I can install the 3D but it's so darn complicated. I have to add every class one bye one and hope that it works. If ANYBODY here can succesfully port scratch completely to it it will be made within a month. But, I'm only sort of working on it. I haven't technically giving up.

Everybody is welcome to try
Here is the 3D squeak http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/lang/smalltalk/Squeak/3.1beta/
And here is the scratch source code. http://wiki.scratch.mit.edu/wiki/Scratch_1.4_Source_Code

I'd appreciate help.

么么哒
hjklr54679
Scratcher
100+ posts

I know it's a bit late, but will you ever make a version of this for scratch 2.0?
dreamod
Scratcher
100+ posts

hjklr54679 wrote:

I know it's a bit late, but will you ever make a version of this for scratch 2.0?
I don't even know if I'm making this anymore. Porting is a lot of work and… Ain't nobody got time for 'dat. I actually have a life to live. sorry :\

么么哒
cran2cran2
Scratcher
23 posts

hey have you finished or are you still working on it?
dreamod
Scratcher
100+ posts

cran2cran2 wrote:

hey have you finished or are you still working on it?
I'm not sure. It's not done. not at all. And I don't really work on it anymore.

么么哒
whizzer
Scratcher
500+ posts

I think there was a mod that had a block for the 3D rendering/drawing that you usually see on Scratch but it was very basic. It wasn't proper 3D, as I said, it just shortened the current process.
dreamod
Scratcher
100+ posts

whizzer wrote:

I think there was a mod that had a block for the 3D rendering/drawing that you usually see on Scratch but it was very basic. It wasn't proper 3D, as I said, it just shortened the current process.
Hmm… interesting. It did run faster, didn't it?

么么哒
DigiTechs
Scratcher
500+ posts

Instead of porting Scratch, why don't you re-implement 3D in the current version of Scratch?

The math isn't that hard once you get a matrix class completed (please be it 4x4 matrices, they're easier to use in most cases) and point-of-view transformations.

I do, in fact, have my own site; it's here.
I'm also working on a thing called Fetch. Look at it here!
@thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain.