Discuss Scratch

_gardenia_
Scratcher
65 posts

SWC November 2022 - Weekly #2

question: can we have 2 different partners for the first part? like one partner to interview, and another partner that interviews you?

" ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴋʏ, ɪ'ᴍ ꜱᴛɪʟʟ ʜᴇʀᴇ. ɪ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ ɴᴇxᴛ ʏᴇᴀʀ! "
Polarimeter
Scratcher
18 posts

_gardenia_ wrote:

question: can we have 2 different partners for the first part? like one partner to interview, and another partner that interviews you?
yes
wolfyhjk
Scratcher
50 posts

SWC Weekly Number Two!

Part One, Interview
S: September, me, a fennec fox
B: Bluegleam, a friendly dragon friend of mine <3

S: Thanks for joining me today, Bluegleam!

B: Of course

S: Here we go, question one! What are three of your main hobbies and why do they make you happy?

B: Well, my three main hobbies are Art and Animation, Swimming, and Writing! Art always gave me a doorway that made me feel free, alive or whatever I wanted to be. I have a very creative mind and drawing helps me release that energy into something beautiful! Swimming lets me be tough, it lets me bring out my inner strength. Swimming is where I found most of my best friends from! I love the feeling of the pool, it’s an awesome feeling! Swimming is a sport where I connect to a lot of people!
Lastly, writing books is great, I love it because you can collaborate with so many people! You can let yourself run wild! Though I have millions of book starters, it helps me keep track of my ideas for my drawings!

S: Great answer! It’s so cool you can express yourself in all of those hobbies! Okay, question two! If you could get one million dollars to spend on any hobby, what would you pick and what would you buy?

B: Oof that’s hard, but for a hobby? Alright, I’d probably use it for my art and animation and get a new tablet for better animation apps/websites

S: Honestly though, I would too. I want one of those fancy touchscreen laptops. Anyways, question three, if you could be the world champion at something, what would you choose?

B: Oooo that’s hard. Maybe the person to create the most ideas for art and stories? If that’s a thing?

S: Sure it is! That would be a cool title. Question four! What inspires you to do art?

B: What inspires me the most is the thought of knowing that people wanna see more of my art. That I can create worlds that only I’d know and soon people could share to their friends and family. I got inspired by seeing people on YouTube do animations of my favorite book characters. And I wanted to try it. Been drawing for 5 years, don’t regret a single thing!

S: That’s super cool. Your YouTube channel is fire. Question five; other habits! Do you have things you do a lot that other people don’t? What makes you special?

B: Technically, swimming is a sport…but not many people consider it as a sport, so that makes me unique. Habits? I don’t have many but I have the habit to act like I’m one of my characters, even if I get stuck in this world of mine. Other things that make me unique..I have a ferret named Olive. She’s an awesome little weasel that loves climbing and jumping. My name is Russian and it means pure water. I haven’t even met another person with my name, it’s that rare!

S: Yeah, your real life name is pretty uncommon. It definitely makes you unique! Question six is a good one. If you were stranded on a desert island and could only bring one person and one thing, who and what would you bring, why?

B: I’d bring my dad and a boat. You can use the boat for fishing or getting to other islands. I’d bring my dad because I trust him, he knows survival skills and I’d get to be taught!

S: It would definitely be helpful to have someone who you know and has strong survival skills. What is the best song and book, why?

B: The best song is Stressed by Twenty-one Pilots, despite Radioactive being my all time fav, because you can relate to it well. I listen to it through tough times. The best book is the first Maze Runner book to be honest, I love wings of fire and all, but Maze Runner is the best, I love dystopian books!

S: Good picks! I know that was a tough one, since there are so many great series. Question eight, what is your favorite aesthetic and how does it represent you?

B: Dreamcore is my favorite aesthetic, it shows the part of me that gets stuck in my own fantasy, the part where I just want to be a kid again. I love the theme, it’s unsettling but cool in a way!

S: Dreamcore definitely is pretty swag. What always makes you smile no matter what? Other than me, of course

B: Well, other than you, probably jokes my family made, it's just, AHHH they’re funny!

S: Nice! Almost done here, don’t worry! Finally, question ten, what does your name mean?

B: My real life name means “pure crystal water”, “true and chosen”, and/or “people of victory”.

S: That’s so cool! Your name is snazzy. Anyways, thanks so much for joining me today, Bluegleam!

B: Of course!

S:
September’s word count: 398
Bluegleam’s word count: 509…maybe too much lol

S: Okay, now we are switching places! We will keep the same questions though!

B: I’ll be asking the questions now! Okay so… question one! What are three of your main hobbies and why do they make you happy?

S: My three main hobbies are reading/writing, sports, and art! Reading takes me into different worlds and helps me escape life. And escape my chores. Also, writing makes me happy because I can edit those worlds or create my own! Okay, and I do mainly three sports. Soccer makes me happy because I love the rush and intensity of the game, it’s so fun! Then I run track and XC, which is thrilling because you can see how fast you can run and just feel alive! Finally, I have art. I can create my imagination or create something that I see and I love making those things come to life!

B: Beautiful answer. Now question two, if you could get one million dollars to spend on any hobby, what would you pick and what would you buy?

S: Ah, I knew that since I asked this question it would be a hard one to answer! I just have too many hobbies! Hmmm…I would probably spend all the money on either reading or art. Reading, because then I can build a personal library and get lots and lots of books! And art because I can get really nice art supplies and practice and get better with my skills!

B: Awesome! I didn’t think of some of those ideas. They are super smart. Okay, question three, if you could be the world champion at something, what would you choose?

S: World champion runner! That way I could run track in the Olympics and stuff! I would just be super speed and I would make lots of cool running friends

B: That would be awesome to be in the Olympics! We could go together; me for swimming, and you for running. Question four! What inspires you to do art, since you are an artist too, and what inspires you to write?

S: I’m going to start with writing, because it’s easier to explain. My inspiration for that is all the amazing books sitting on my bookshelf right now, and all the amazing authors out there. I’ve always been a huge reader, and I have book series that I absolutely love. I write so that other people can enjoy stories just like I did! Now for art…that part is a lot harder for me. I just really like it. I love creating new things, and drawing things I’ve seen before. So…yeah. That’s it.

B: Great answer! Question five; do you have things you do a lot that other people don’t? What makes you special?

S: Hmmm…special. To be honest, I’m kinda normal. Oh! I know! I can do the whole alphabet in Sign Language, and run two miles in under thirteen minutes, and kick a feild goal! (Like in American football field goal, I can do it because I play soccer)

B: Interesting! And we are halfway through! If you were stranded on a desert island and could only bring one person and one thing, who and what would you bring, why?

S: I would bring a person who is an expert on surviving desert islands. And I would bring a boat so I could leave the island with my survivalist helper. See, I’m logical about this one!

B: I guess that’s smart! What is the best song and book, why?

S: Ah, another hard one! Best song, I Lived by OneRepublic because it’s super chill and uplifting. And my fave books are THG, TMR, HP, WOF, LOTR, KOTLC, and many more strange acronyms

B: Nice! Question eight, what is your favorite aesthetic and how does it represent you?

S: I love cabincore and plant mom, but I’m probably more VSCO preppy. That’s just my style! I love cabins, winter retreats, being cozy, and lots and lots of plants, but the way I dress is VSCO preppy.

B: What always makes you smile no matter what?

S: Funny animal videos. I dunno way, but look them up on YouTube. They are just great!

B: Last one! Yay! Question ten, what does your name mean?

S: My online name actually is really special to me. My birthday is in September, and it’s fall, my favorite season! My old favorite song used to be September Song by JP Cooper, so that’s really why I picked that name

B: And we are done! Yay, interviews completed!

Part 2 with help by @savebats <3

“The way that history drags on is certainly interesting, you know? A butterfree in a roaring hurricane, a luvdisc flickering delicately through a tsunami, a joltik hardly aware that a human and a pencil were about to destroy what it had put every ounce of its energy into. That’s what history is. An unending understanding of the earth (but lacking every important detail), a perfect oil painting (that’s just missing that final signature), a huge clock, left ticking by some unknown watchmaker. (Does he still watch it move on? Out of the corner of his eye does he see all that continues ticking? Numbers falling off and adding on, gears breaking but pushing forward, invincible to their disappearing golden hue?) A history that screams of all by its owners, a history that cheers in only its lowest places. A society that screams yet lives on screams. A society that cries but couldn’t function without the entertainment of tears. An endless tragedy, pushing on without its owner, gilded like a statue, yet rusted like an old car exhaust pipe. But yet time does on, spurred on by nothing but the purple of some only half known monster. (If you all believe in that sort of thing.)A brightness that never dims, but was never clear enough to see through to start with. A half finished invention that only lives with the help of the carpenter’s wife. (A Pokeball perhaps? Shattered on the floor, the creature inside desperate to get out?) Still, it is glorious. Still it is real, and tangible and more than I could ever hope to be real. A shining light in my eyes, burning up my feathers and scales, filling my heart with claws and awe. A beauty that will never fade.” -Savebats
(My part next! 301 words by me!)
What is history? Your past, your family? It can be defined in many ways. History can be one person, or an entire culture. History can be the basis of your beliefs or an example of right and wrong. History is important. Your legacy matters! When you die, people will remember you from your history. Like a leaf blowing through the wind, your history will carry. Your legacy will drift through oceans. The ocean waves will rise, and some of them will have legacies that are bigger than yours. History is a fragile thing. If something upsets the waves that carry the past, things change. Time is messed up and unmeasurable, if history is not known. Every day you fight to make history. Every choice can alter your entire past, or your entire future. History is mainly a reflection of past choices, past circumstances, and past decisions. It is vital you understand what happened, or your history may repeat itself. You could make the same mistakes over and over. We need history to survive! It’s a precious thing, and highly necessary to live. If we mess up history, we have a chance to fix it. We have unlimited opportunities to change the past. And we don’t have to do anything to keep it. History means things can go back to how it was before.Could we replicate the very past? Without history, we would have nowhere to be. We wouldn’t know what point in time we were. Who came before, or who is behind us wouldn’t be known without history. History matters. Without history, we don’t even know who we are. History can place a burden. Or sometimes it’s as light as a feather. It all depends on what we do with it. Our actions have consequences, and history shows us that.

Part 3- spoken word poem
Sometimes I Have Feelings
A Poem By September on Scratch

Sometimes I have feelings.
Sometimes I wish I didn’t.
Sometimes I wish I knew the answers
To my thoughts that are hidden.
Sometimes I wish they would go away
And stop embracing a thought.
But my feelings are valid every day
And they are something everyone’s got.

Sometimes I have feelings.