Discuss Scratch

CST1229
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MinecraftTS (Minecraft: Typescript Edition)

misaPuding wrote:

(#180)

ajskateboarder wrote:

(#177)
Does this work with Deno?
what´s Deno?
basically, node.js alternative that natively supports typescript and has some other stuff

This is a signature. It's a piece of text that appears below every post I write. Click here to learn more, including how to make your own.
RIP assets image hosting. 2013?-2023

ajskateboarder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

misaPuding wrote:

ajskateboarder wrote:

(#177)
what´s Deno?
It's basically TypeScript but much more secure. You have to explicitly give permissions to programs for what they can do - like writing to the filesystem, or reaching out to HTTP
WojtekGame
Scratcher
1000+ posts

misaPuding wrote:

ajskateboarder wrote:

(#177)
what´s Deno?
A WebAssembly and JavaScript/TypeScript runtime that is unfinished, however the Deno community exists and still extends the project.

forgot to update sig, i own minecraft months ago lol
JS: code-gui | scratch-player | Roost.js | Pandoa | TOP: Roost.js || C++: Gamine | Gamiinuu | TOP: Gamine
Else: Emoji Painter | Forum Shopping Mall | TOP: Emoji Painter || Profile:Scratch | GitHub
Orgs: Chroast | Twerkish | Komond OS | JS Inventions | TOP: JS Inventions || Ocular Naming: 0 | 1 | 2 | 3
Games: Mom Hid My Game! | Creeper Adventuring
else might be outdated or removed by the ST.
lolecksdeehaha
Scratcher
1000+ posts

WojtekGame wrote:

misaPuding wrote:

ajskateboarder wrote:

(#177)
what´s Deno?
A WebAssembly and JavaScript/TypeScript runtime that is unfinished, however the Deno community exists and still extends the project.
what do you mean it's unfinished

Beep boop. I am a robot, and this action was performed automatically. If you have any concerns, please contact the owner of this robot.

ing season coming “soon”

I'm the founder of Forumoji, the source of all those neat forum emojis you occasionally see (the ones not in the default menu).

WojtekGame
Scratcher
1000+ posts

lolecksdeehaha wrote:

WojtekGame wrote:

misaPuding wrote:

ajskateboarder wrote:

(#177)
what´s Deno?
what do you mean it's unfinished
every github repo is unfinished unless it's deprecated or it actually states it's unfinished/discontinued.

JS: code-gui | scratch-player | Roost.js | Pandoa | TOP: Roost.js || C++: Gamine | Gamiinuu | TOP: Gamine
Else: Emoji Painter | Forum Shopping Mall | TOP: Emoji Painter || Profile:Scratch | GitHub
Orgs: Chroast | Twerkish | Komond OS | JS Inventions | TOP: JS Inventions || Ocular Naming: 0 | 1 | 2 | 3
ajskateboarder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

WojtekGame wrote:

every github repo is unfinished unless it's deprecated or it actually states it's unfinished/discontinued.
Just because Deno isn't deprecated doesn't mean it's unstable. I would say Deno is feature-complete by this point
WojtekGame
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ajskateboarder wrote:

WojtekGame wrote:

Just because Deno isn't deprecated doesn't mean it's unstable. I would say Deno is feature-complete by this point
well, by this point.

anyways this is kinda off topic, as we move on to MCTS.

how does the TS client knows whenever to use the copy of MC Java or not?
because yes you said that you need a copy of MC Java.

CST1229
Scratcher
1000+ posts

WojtekGame wrote:

(#187)

ajskateboarder wrote:

WojtekGame wrote:

well, by this point.

anyways this is kinda off topic, as we move on to MCTS.

how does the TS client knows whenever to use the copy of MC Java or not?
because yes you said that you need a copy of MC Java.
i assume you just either give it a .jar file or you extract the default texture pack from it and put it in mcts' folder

This is a signature. It's a piece of text that appears below every post I write. Click here to learn more, including how to make your own.

uwv
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CST1229 wrote:

(#188)
i assume you just either give it a .jar file or you extract the default texture pack from it and put it in mcts' folder
you assumed correctly! actually it takes it from the default location and then checks in a jar directory

i use arch linux (btw) with the linux zen kernel and enjoy writing silly things in silly languages using silly frameworks
showierdata9978
Scratcher
100+ posts

uwv wrote:

CST1229 wrote:

(#188)
you assumed correctly! actually it takes it from the default location and then checks in a jar directory

What about if you use a non default launcher (like multimc or prism (fork of multimc))

High School Sophomore

I DO NOT CHECK SCRATCH UNLESS I AM EXTREMELY BOARD.
You can find me in a lot of places under the same username

bigspeedfpv
Scratcher
500+ posts

showierdata9978 wrote:

uwv wrote:

CST1229 wrote:

(#188)

What about if you use a non default launcher (like multimc or prism (fork of multimc))
those launchers still require you to have mc installed

cat throwing brick at camera transparent dot gif
https://bigspeed.me
MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bigspeedfpv wrote:

showierdata9978 wrote:

uwv wrote:

CST1229 wrote:

(#188)

No. MultiMC, PolyMC, and PrismMC all download Minecraft's assets automatically. They don't require Minecraft or the Minecraft Launcher to be installed. They simply require you to sign in with a Microsoft/Mojang account before the assets are downloaded.

bigspeedfpv
Scratcher
500+ posts

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

bigspeedfpv wrote:

No. MultiMC, PolyMC, and PrismMC all download Minecraft's assets automatically. They don't require Minecraft or the Minecraft Launcher to be installed. They simply require you to sign in with a Microsoft/Mojang account before the assets are downloaded.
right that's what I meant, they install Minecraft
surely you can just change the path it looks in

cat throwing brick at camera transparent dot gif
https://bigspeed.me
MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

uwv
Scratcher
1000+ posts

showierdata9978 wrote:

(#190)
thats why theres a jar directory in the mcts directory where it looks for mc jars if default look up path fails

i use arch linux (btw) with the linux zen kernel and enjoy writing silly things in silly languages using silly frameworks
uwv
Scratcher
1000+ posts

done goofed potentially

PoIygon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

uwv wrote:

(#196)
done goofed potentially

delete /system32

CST1229
Scratcher
1000+ posts

uwv wrote:

(#196)
done goofed potentially
the stripier lands

WojtekGame
Scratcher
1000+ posts

uwv wrote:

looks good so far

uwv
Scratcher
1000+ posts

holy freaking moly chunks!! entirely multithreaded btw!! just need to get decoding working and then actual real worlds will be able to be seen with mcts