Discuss Scratch

Matjam02
Scratcher
1000+ posts

collab (Animators & Background Artists Needed! Apply On My Profile.)

Platypus_WKeyboard wrote:

Matjam02 wrote:

boom2ratz wrote:

AnimatorsParadise wrote:

Sorry that I've been holding things up. We could do some work on storyboarding and backgrounds for DD:KF until either Codey makes a decision to use the old style or I finish the new style.
I think the general consensus from the rest of us are to keep the old style for DDKF and then change it later on.

Also Matjam, how's the F4 pitch going?
Good. Working on it slowly.

The villain is Black Bolt.
Ooh interesting, Inhumans?
It’s sort of F4 vs Inhumans, but primarily Black Bolt.

Also the film still starts in Latveria in the 1400s.

Matjam02;
“Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far”
Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Matjam02 wrote:

Matjam02 wrote:

boom2ratz wrote:

AnimatorsParadise wrote:

Sorry that I've been holding things up. We could do some work on storyboarding and backgrounds for DD:KF until either Codey makes a decision to use the old style or I finish the new style.
I think the general consensus from the rest of us are to keep the old style for DDKF and then change it later on.

Also Matjam, how's the F4 pitch going?
Good. Working on it slowly.

The villain is Black Bolt.
Ooh interesting, Inhumans?
It’s sort of F4 vs Inhumans, but primarily Black Bolt.

Also the film still starts in Latveria in the 1400s.
Hmm. Interesting.

A platypus? A platypus with a keyboard? Perry the platypus with a keyboard?

About Me.

| he/him | Jewish | Writer | Comic Fan | Movie and TV fanatic | Marvel, DC, Darkhorse, Image, comics are comics! | Music is cool, I like music | Doctor Who! | Animation is tight | Also new signature!

“Do you know what kind of person becomes a psychologist? A person that wishes deep down that everyone more special than them was sick because healthy sounds so much more exciting than boring. You're average, Britta Perry. You're every kid on the playground who didn't get picked on. You're a business casual potted plant, a human white sale. You're VH1 Robocop 2 and Back to the Future 3. You're the center slice of a square cheese pizza. Actually, that sounds delicious. I'm the center slice of a square cheese pizza. You're Jim Belushi.”
- Evil Abed
AnimatorsParadise
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Something else that I was working on (probably not the best decision to have joined it) has been delayed to fall at earliest, and I don't have a big role in it currently, so I'll have more time to be involved with the APMU now.

Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AnimatorsParadise wrote:

Something else that I was working on (probably not the best decision to have joined it) has been delayed to fall at earliest, and I don't have a big role in it currently, so I'll have more time to be involved with the APMU now.
Alright. Good to know.

About Me.

| he/him | Jewish | Writer | Comic Fan | Movie and TV fanatic | Marvel, DC, Darkhorse, Image, comics are comics! | Music is cool, I like music | Doctor Who! | Animation is tight | Also new signature!

“Do you know what kind of person becomes a psychologist? A person that wishes deep down that everyone more special than them was sick because healthy sounds so much more exciting than boring. You're average, Britta Perry. You're every kid on the playground who didn't get picked on. You're a business casual potted plant, a human white sale. You're VH1 Robocop 2 and Back to the Future 3. You're the center slice of a square cheese pizza. Actually, that sounds delicious. I'm the center slice of a square cheese pizza. You're Jim Belushi.”
- Evil Abed
Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Thane is the current antagonist of Guardians, but I feel like he's a bit … boring.

Any help?

About Me.

- Evil Abed
AnimatorsParadise
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Thane is the current antagonist of Guardians, but I feel like he's a bit … boring.

Any help?
Is it still the same plot with him as before?

Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AnimatorsParadise wrote:

Any help?
Is it still the same plot with him as before?
The heist plot with the bounties hunters? Kinda.

About Me.

- Evil Abed
Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Working on the Guardians outline where would the opening credits fit better?

1) A sequence of Peter walking through the Milano as he interacts with each Guardian.
2) Dance sequence.

About Me.

- Evil Abed
HexagonWorld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

1) A sequence of Peter walking through the Milano as he interacts with each Guardian.
2) Dance sequence.
1 but change walking to dancing. More time efficient.

Last edited by HexagonWorld (April 30, 2024 20:48:40)

AnimatorsParadise
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Codey is in favor of changing the style after DD:KF. Looks like we might be choosing that option, since Hex, Boom, Exelsior, and Codey have all supported it.

I think we can continue DD:KF after I improve the rigging. That would just require me to change the grouping and change ovals to circles for only the DD:KF characters.

I could also make a few minor tweaks to characters if it doesn't require major editing. Fisk's arms are skinny and I don't think they're in that many frames.

Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HexagonWorld wrote:

2) Dance sequence.
1 but change walking to dancing. More time efficient.
Could be difficult but maybe.

About Me.

- Evil Abed
AnimatorsParadise
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I forgot to say that I've discovered that making a small hole in the circle outlines will make it so that you can still use the fill bucket instead of it just filling the circles.

Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AnimatorsParadise wrote:

I forgot to say that I've discovered that making a small hole in the circle outlines will make it so that you can still use the fill bucket instead of it just filling the circles.
Great! That was a weird flaw with the original rigs.

About Me.

- Evil Abed
AnimatorsParadise
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I accidentally changed the secret studio thumbnail to the default PFP. Not sure that I can reverse it, unless I try to screenshot the default thumbnail and set it to that.

EDIT: It appears to apply to all default studios. Maybe it's related to the work on the website going on.

Last edited by AnimatorsParadise (May 1, 2024 23:27:26)

AnimatorsParadise
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Cozmo_123, an animator who worked on FF:MFF, asked to join. I guess they forgot that they already joined, but now they could animate again.

Last edited by AnimatorsParadise (May 4, 2024 18:43:46)

AnimatorsParadise
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I think I'll change the elbows to to be at the middle of the arm on the designs, the arm may not even look different. The change in the animation might be noticeable but it should look better.

I've already made some changes, it would take some time to replace things, and I don't think many people want to change it now, so I think I could make continuing DD:KF official.

Last edited by AnimatorsParadise (May 7, 2024 01:49:16)

Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AnimatorsParadise wrote:

Cozmo_123, an animator who worked on FF:MFF, asked to join. I guess they forgot that they already joined, but now they could animate again.
Nice! Another animator is always a great thing!

AnimatorsParadise wrote:

I think I'll change the elbows to to be at the middle of the arm on the designs, the arm may not even look different. The change in the animation might be noticeable but it should look better.

I've already made some changes, it would take some time to replace things, and I don't think many people want to change it now, so I think I could make continuing DD:KF official.
Okay!

About Me.

- Evil Abed
Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Would it be a bad idea to introduce a Guardian and then immediately kill them off?

About Me.

- Evil Abed
AnimatorsParadise
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Would it be a bad idea to introduce a Guardian and then immediately kill them off?
Which Guardian?

Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AnimatorsParadise wrote:

Which Guardian?
Probably … Bug.

About Me.

- Evil Abed