Discuss Scratch

nandemoiselle
Scratcher
1 post

>>>>> Recent Bug: "your browser do not support WebGl" <<<<<

My browser / operating system: Windows 8, Chrome 104.0.0.0, No Flash version detected

I can't see Scratch projects because it says my browser do not support WebGl. What can I do?

Last edited by cheddargirl (Aug. 25, 2022 03:41:18)

-Zorra-
Scratcher
100+ posts

>>>>> Recent Bug: "your browser do not support WebGl" <<<<<

Try going to chrome:flags and enabling Override Software Rendering List.
If this doesn't work then contact Chrome Support.

Eheu… ova!
Scratch-Minion
Scratcher
1000+ posts

>>>>> Recent Bug: "your browser do not support WebGl" <<<<<

EDIT: ** WITH CHROME VERSION 105 THE WebGI PROBLEM HAS GONE AWAY FOR ME! **


You can make your Chrome browser update from version 104 now as follows:

- click the little “3 vertical dots” icon at the top right of the Chrome browser window
and select “Settings” in the drop down menu

- select “About Chrome” at the bottom of the Settings menu

- Chrome will automatically check which version you are running and update your browser to the latest version (currently 105)
When the update is 100% complete, the Chrome browser will ask you to click “Relaunch” as you need to restart for the change to take effect.



Note. Only for Scratchers who previously disabled hardware acceleration in Chrome version 104 as a fix to the WebGI problem:

I have now re-enabled “Use hardware acceleration when available” on my PC.

While the WebGI problem occurred with hardware acceleration enabled with Chrome version 104,
there is no WebGI problem for me with hardware acceleration enabled with Chrome version 105.

You can re-enable hardware acceleration after updating Chrome to version 105 or later as follows:

- click the little “3 vertical dots” icon at the top right of the Chrome browser window
and select “Settings” in the drop down menu

- select “System” in the Settings menu

- enable “Use hardware acceleration when available” by dragging the circle on the slider to the right.
click “Relaunch” as you need to restart the Chrome browser for the change to take effect.

———————————————————————————————–

My Old Post here:


I have struck the same error with Chrome!

Starting a couple of hours ago, I can no longer run or “see inside” any projects using Chrome.
I get a message that my browser does not support WebGL when I try to “see inside” projects.

This may have been caused by the latest Chrome update, or an incompatible Scratch update.

I can run and “see inside” projects using the Firefox browser. (although not in fullscreen at the moment! - I don't know if that is related)


I imagine this error will become much bigger as more computers update Chrome.

Edit: As an extra note, I did check hardware acceleration had not been turned off. Also I tried //chrome:flags and a couple of similar fixes with no luck.

Last edited by Scratch-Minion (Sept. 7, 2022 02:04:00)

Scratch-Minion
Scratcher
1000+ posts

>>>>> Recent Bug: "your browser do not support WebGl" <<<<<

-Zorra-
Scratcher
100+ posts

>>>>> Recent Bug: "your browser do not support WebGl" <<<<<

Scratch-Minion wrote:

I have struck the same error with Chrome!

Starting a couple of hours ago, I can no longer run or “see inside” any projects using Chrome.
I get a message that my browser does not support WebGL when I try to “see inside” projects.

This may have been caused by the latest Chrome update, or an incompatible Scratch update.

I can run and “see inside” projects using the Firefox browser. (although not in fullscreen at the moment! - I don't know if that is related)


I imagine this error will become much bigger as more computers update Chrome.

Edit: As an extra note, I did check hardware acceleration had not been turned off. Also I tried //chrome:flags and a couple of similar fixes with no luck.

Weird… does this work for you? Also, if you don't mind, what browser are you using? (Click the globe) I'm using Chrome too but this issue doesn't show up for me. My browser / operating system: ChromeOS 14816.131.0, Chrome 103.0.0.0, No Flash version detected

Last edited by -Zorra- (Aug. 19, 2022 05:44:59)


Eheu… ova!
tweepp
Scratcher
65 posts

>>>>> Recent Bug: "your browser do not support WebGl" <<<<<

It seems like a chrome issue. to fix it, go to chrome: //flags (no space). that should work

↬ more active on @locallaze hmu if you like seventeen or exyl / hinkik / etc

↬ you might wanna check this out
Scratch-Minion
Scratcher
1000+ posts

>>>>> Recent Bug: "your browser do not support WebGl" <<<<<

-Zorra- wrote:

Weird… does this work for you? Also, if you don't mind, what browser are you using? (Click the globe) I'm using Chrome too but this issue doesn't show up for me. My browser / operating system: ChromeOS 14816.131.0, Chrome 103.0.0.0, No Flash version detected

My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Chrome 104.0.0.0, No Flash version detected

EDIT: In Firefox, when I go to the https://get.webgl.org website from your link, I see a rotating cube and a message “Your browser supports WebGL”.

In Chrome I get this message “mm. While your browser seems to support WebGL, it is disabled or unavailable. If possible, please ensure that you are running the latest drivers for your video card.” There are also links for more help but I haven't found anything to fix the problem.

I think it is a Chrome issue. I have WebGL as it was working until yesterday. I see my Chrome version is one later than yours.

tweepp wrote:

It seems like a chrome issue. to fix it, go to chrome: //flags (no space). that should work

I have been to chrome: //flags (no space) and looked for some help with Google but changing the suggested settings has not worked.

It is important to note that WebGL was working on my PC with Chrome until yesterday and there are several forum topics now with people with the same problem.

Last edited by Scratch-Minion (Aug. 19, 2022 09:04:18)

-Zorra-
Scratcher
100+ posts

>>>>> Recent Bug: "your browser do not support WebGl" <<<<<

Scratch-Minion wrote:

-Zorra- wrote:

Weird… does this work for you? Also, if you don't mind, what browser are you using? (Click the globe) I'm using Chrome too but this issue doesn't show up for me. My browser / operating system: ChromeOS 14816.131.0, Chrome 103.0.0.0, No Flash version detected

My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Chrome 104.0.0.0, No Flash version detected

EDIT: In Firefox, when I go to the https://get.webgl.org website from your link, I see a rotating cube and a message “Your browser supports WebGL”.

In Chrome I get this message “mm. While your browser seems to support WebGL, it is disabled or unavailable. If possible, please ensure that you are running the latest drivers for your video card.” There are also links for more help but I haven't found anything to fix the problem.

I think it is a Chrome issue. I have WebGL as it was working until yesterday. I see my Chrome version is one later than yours.

tweepp wrote:

It seems like a chrome issue. to fix it, go to chrome: //flags (no space). that should work

I have been to chrome: //flags (no space) and looked for some help with Google but changing the suggested settings has not worked.

It is important to note that WebGL was working on my PC with Chrome until yesterday and there are several forum topics now with people with the same problem.


Maybe try updating the drivers? There's a tutorial here, although I'm not a Windows user so I don't know how if it works.

Eheu… ova!
ArnoHu
Scratcher
500+ posts

>>>>> Recent Bug: "your browser do not support WebGl" <<<<<

Scratch-Minion wrote:

-Zorra- wrote:

Weird… does this work for you? Also, if you don't mind, what browser are you using? (Click the globe) I'm using Chrome too but this issue doesn't show up for me. My browser / operating system: ChromeOS 14816.131.0, Chrome 103.0.0.0, No Flash version detected

My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Chrome 104.0.0.0, No Flash version detected

EDIT: In Firefox, when I go to the https://get.webgl.org website from your link, I see a rotating cube and a message “Your browser supports WebGL”.

In Chrome I get this message “mm. While your browser seems to support WebGL, it is disabled or unavailable. If possible, please ensure that you are running the latest drivers for your video card.” There are also links for more help but I haven't found anything to fix the problem.

I think it is a Chrome issue. I have WebGL as it was working until yesterday. I see my Chrome version is one later than yours.

tweepp wrote:

It seems like a chrome issue. to fix it, go to chrome: //flags (no space). that should work

I have been to chrome: //flags (no space) and looked for some help with Google but changing the suggested settings has not worked.

It is important to note that WebGL was working on my PC with Chrome until yesterday and there are several forum topics now with people with the same problem.


Disabling “Use hardware acceleration when available” in the Chrome settings worked for me. I think you mentioned before you had that one enabled?

Last edited by ArnoHu (Aug. 19, 2022 18:46:22)

Scratch-Minion
Scratcher
1000+ posts

>>>>> Recent Bug: "your browser do not support WebGl" <<<<<

ArnoHu wrote:

Disabling “Use hardware acceleration when available” in the Chrome settings worked for me. I think you mentioned before you had that one enabled?

Wow! All the documentation I saw said to make sure hardware acceleration was enabled.
But disabling it fixed the problem.

Thank-you @ArnoHu !

EDIT: For anyone with this “Your browser does not support WebGI” problem in the Chrome browser:

- click the little “3 vertical dots” icon at the top right of the Chrome browser window
and select “Settings” in the drop down menu

- select “System” in the Settings menu

- disable “Use hardware acceleration when available” by dragging the circle on the slider to the left.
click “Relaunch” as you need to restart the Chrome browser fo the change to take effect.

Last edited by Scratch-Minion (Aug. 19, 2022 22:39:39)

cheddargirl
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

>>>>> Recent Bug: "your browser do not support WebGl" <<<<<

Temp Sticky as this one seems to have the solution to this bug going around.

Also edited title so it sticks out more.

Last edited by cheddargirl (Aug. 25, 2022 03:41:51)


Sadly, my forum signature was eaten by an evil kumquat.
musicROCKS013
Scratcher
1000+ posts

>>>>> Recent Bug: "your browser do not support WebGl" <<<<<

Hey, congrats on the sticky!

This is my signature. I am allowed to adertize here.

_______________\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
Please Click —> This project is literally my life's work. <— Please Click
_______________^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jenny LeClue is the best
Taro--Sasaki
Scratcher
500+ posts

>>>>> Recent Bug: "your browser do not support WebGl" <<<<<

This bug occurs on mobile here too, and I jave to switch on and off WebGL for it to be fixed, temporarily.

Hi. If I joined your shop/federation and I didn't post a leave form, I'm not going to be on since today (15/12/22) to Wednesday 4th January 2023. Also, could you help me with follows since at 60, I'm doing a voice reveal!
RackTheHedgehog123
Scratcher
43 posts

>>>>> Recent Bug: "your browser do not support WebGl" <<<<<

I'm already on the latest version of my driver and I switched on Override Software Rendering List, still didn't work even if I disabled it then. Also “Use hardware acceleration when available” doesn't appear to me. Any more solutions?

rack the cat, not a hedgehog anymore.
kccuber
Scratcher
1000+ posts

>>>>> Recent Bug: "your browser do not support WebGl" <<<<<

Sounds like a Chrome 104 bug.

Can you all try restarting your computers?


Made using Nord Theme & Inkscape
Homer5678
Scratcher
8 posts

>>>>> Recent Bug: "your browser do not support WebGl" <<<<<

I Tried But It Doesn't Work
-x-sunshine-x-
Scratcher
65 posts

>>>>> Recent Bug: "your browser do not support WebGl" <<<<<

Scratch-Minion wrote:

Wow! All the documentation I saw said to make sure hardware acceleration was enabled.
But disabling it fixed the problem.

Thank-you @ArnoHu !

EDIT: For anyone with this “Your browser does not support WebGI” problem in the Chrome browser:

- click the little “3 vertical dots” icon at the top right of the Chrome browser window
and select “Settings” in the drop down menu

- select “System” in the Settings menu

- disable “Use hardware acceleration when available” by dragging the circle on the slider to the left.
click “Relaunch” as you need to restart the Chrome browser fo the change to take effect.

I tried this but there is no “System” option in the settings.

My browser / operating system: Android Linux 10, Chrome 102.0.9999.0, No Flash version detected


generation 11: put this on top of your signature and add one to the number the first time you see this. social experiment.

im a scratcher that has left and just looks around without saying anything. if you see this, it was a post before i left or ive come back.
RackTheHedgehog123
Scratcher
43 posts

>>>>> Recent Bug: "your browser do not support WebGl" <<<<<

Scratch-Minion wrote:

ArnoHu wrote:

Disabling “Use hardware acceleration when available” in the Chrome settings worked for me. I think you mentioned before you had that one enabled?

Wow! All the documentation I saw said to make sure hardware acceleration was enabled.
But disabling it fixed the problem.

Thank-you @ArnoHu !

EDIT: For anyone with this “Your browser does not support WebGI” problem in the Chrome browser:

- click the little “3 vertical dots” icon at the top right of the Chrome browser window
and select “Settings” in the drop down menu

- select “System” in the Settings menu

- disable “Use hardware acceleration when available” by dragging the circle on the slider to the left.
click “Relaunch” as you need to restart the Chrome browser fo the change to take effect.

Thanks! It worked for me!

rack the cat, not a hedgehog anymore.
k0d3rrr
Scratcher
1000+ posts

>>>>> Recent Bug: "your browser do not support WebGl" <<<<<

Congratulations on the (temporary) sticky!

(Highlight signature + shift + down arrow to scroll down)

@-RobinJasmine-/@_NightQueen_ is a very cool Scratcher; go check out her DnB projects!

Introducing… Coder Talk for Scratch 2.0!
@greenFlag has been clicked?:: events hat
teleport to x: (0) y: (0):: motion
speak [Hello!] with a duration of (2) seconds:: looks
infinitely {
slide (1) seconds towards x: (pick number between (-240) and (240):: operators) y: (pick number between (-180) and (180):: operators):: motion
}:: control

Me when I'm vibing:
Homer5678
Scratcher
8 posts

>>>>> Recent Bug: "your browser do not support WebGl" <<<<<

I tried It I Will Check If It Works My Sister's Account Actually Supports WebGl

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile