Discuss Scratch

SavetheAtlantic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

'Community Picks' - the solution to our popularity problems

So basically trending with less strict requirements. This wouldn't solve anything. There's still a limited number of projects that can be shown.
Milk909
Scratcher
100+ posts

there should be a 60 second cooldown so no spam occurs

Moved to a new account: @-Decode

cs2861142
Scratcher
100+ posts

Eagle138 wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

scratchgodo wrote:

Eagle138 wrote:

But aren't all projects automatically marked as FE when they are shared? Also I don't think I'll remove that because it provides an additional layer of protection. I can lower it to 10 though, if that's more reasonable.
No there not see this.
I wanted to talk about that earlier, but I didn't want to be the first one to bring it up.

-snip-
Thanks for this! I'll remove the FE restriction.

No problem!

Milk909 wrote:

This is another thing that could potentially be useful to prevent spam, which could also be potentially inappropriate. I agree with this statement, although I believe the cooldown should be longer. Potentially 2 or more minutes?

cs2861142

Hey there, I am a 14-year-old coder of 5 years. I am very experienced with Scratch, I have experience with Unity and Godot. I love helping people on the forums using my knowledge. Currently learning Ableton Live to make some fire tracks.
Need help with something? Ask me on my profile/forums!
The-Molten-Freddy
Scratcher
500+ posts

Support… That'll be nice for some people… but, according to the name, wouldn't Scratch have to choose that?

Hello! I am Molten Freddy, and this is my signature!
Ctrl+Shift+Down to see all
While you're at it, check this out
Aw yeah! Now for a meme!

˙̶̺̜̿̀̓͛͊̈́̿̃̃̓̀̓̂̚͝˙̸̡̡̛̰̖̥̖̱͈̯͔̅͛͐̑̎́͂̔̃͠˙̷̛͎͔̹̟̝͓͖̬̯̇͊̓͗̋̈́͘ǝ̶̬̰̲̏̚͝p̸̅͜ı̷͖̲̫͖͕͖͎̀̈́̿̉̒̽̈́̈̇͊͌̕͝ͅs̷̛̳͍̍͌̃̌̐́̀̅͗̋̚͘ứ̶̙͓͍̪̫͍͎͍̗͕̙̪͎͈̀̊̎̔͝ı̵̱̤̒̀ ̷͈̾̈́͊̌̐̐͛͌̀̇p̴̡̛͕͕̞͎̫̖͚̳̫̲̺̙̥̀̓̆̓̏͋ɐ̸͍͇͖̬̱̯͒͊ǝ̸̢̰̼̝͓͕̝͚͕͛͛͊͜ṕ̸̝̲̚ͅ ̵̝͗͛̒̎̀̑͂̋ɯ̶̢̧̦̜͙̲͓̀,̵̦̫̪͐͜Ì̸̛̮̦͓̟̲̬̿̔̋͐͂̉̚̕̕ ̶̡̙̱̰͙̟͔̙̭̻̗̯͗͐̓͑˙̷͉̱͙͇͍̦̣̬̦̮̣͎͎̺̃̅̃͋̊̾̓́͐͜͝˙̷̡̛̮̰̝̬͉̭̱̹˙̸͕̜͕͕̦̩̮͇̩̥̖̘̣̻̽̽́͌̂̌̇̓̃̎́͗̓̀̚ʎ̸̛͔͈̌̔̽͛̽͊̋̑̚ɥ̴̻̯̻̺̯͐̄̊̌̀͋̔͛̚̕̕ʍ̵̤̽͌͝ ̸̞̝̰̳̋̈́́̓̅̑̌̄̍́͠͝ͅɹ̴̡̛͉̖̪̉̾͒̾͆̿́̂̏̀͘͝ǝ̸̛̙̻͇͂̆̈́̑͂̒͑͝p̴̧̖̭͖̩̳̖̥̬̑́̏̃̒͒͒͂͊̎͗u̷̘̗̞̹͋̂̀͑͛̆̅̇̾̇͋͘̕͠õ̵̢̨͖̼͋̈́̈́̃̓̈̊̉̒̑̚̚͘͠ʍ̴̻̙͉̼̳̯͕͓͔̹̯̄̍̂̏̑̈̓͒̄̽̎̚ ̷̦̲̮͉̝̭̌́̆̎̈̂̑̀͐̚͝͠ͅn̶̢̢͔͍͍̬͔̪̩̺̦̟͚͙͂͗͛͛̒ͅõ̸̧̘͖̘̥̩͔̎̐̿̕ʎ̶̨̱̮̩̪̫̺̗͆̇́̋̉̿͂̾̃͋̎̐̚͝ ̵̡̮̳̹̥̗̣̤̭̔̒̋̎̋̈́͒̍͐̅̆̈́p̷͖̱̼̭̖̳̳̙̝̗̮̰̭̓́̍ủ̴̥͇͎̣͉̿̎∀̵̖͉͇͉̽̓

musicROCKS013
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cs2861142 wrote:

Milk909 wrote:

This is another thing that could potentially be useful to prevent spam, which could also be potentially inappropriate. I agree with this statement, although I believe the cooldown should be longer. Potentially 2 or more minutes?
Wow, you guys are so generous. I was thinking you should only be able to request one project a day.

Shift + Down arrow to see the rest of my signature

Hello Scratch Team. You have been pushing a liberal political agenda on this site for far too long. This site should stay out of politics. People should be able to still post their political opinions, but there shouldn’t be any “official” political stance or Scratch. The ST is not going to change this on their own, and shoot down any attempts asking them to change. Please put this in your signature if you agree that

Scratch should be politically neutral.

The ST’s biggest defense is that they’re being welcoming, but they can be perfectly welcoming of all people and stay out of politics. Scratch is about coding, and that should be the Scratch Team’s biggest concern to maintain.

This is my signature. I am allowed to adertize here.

_______________\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
Please Click —> This project is literally my life's work. <— Please Click
_______________^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jenny LeClue is the best
Milk909
Scratcher
100+ posts

You should Rename this to: “Chosen by community”

Last edited by Milk909 (June 13, 2022 19:54:59)

The-Molten-Freddy
Scratcher
500+ posts

Milk909 wrote:

You should Rename this to: “chosen by community”
That would make a LOT more sense than “Chosen by Scratch”. That doesn't make it seem like the ST picked it out

Last edited by The-Molten-Freddy (June 13, 2022 19:53:59)

Aw yeah! Now for a meme!

˙̶̺̜̿̀̓͛͊̈́̿̃̃̓̀̓̂̚͝˙̸̡̡̛̰̖̥̖̱͈̯͔̅͛͐̑̎́͂̔̃͠˙̷̛͎͔̹̟̝͓͖̬̯̇͊̓͗̋̈́͘ǝ̶̬̰̲̏̚͝p̸̅͜ı̷͖̲̫͖͕͖͎̀̈́̿̉̒̽̈́̈̇͊͌̕͝ͅs̷̛̳͍̍͌̃̌̐́̀̅͗̋̚͘ứ̶̙͓͍̪̫͍͎͍̗͕̙̪͎͈̀̊̎̔͝ı̵̱̤̒̀ ̷͈̾̈́͊̌̐̐͛͌̀̇p̴̡̛͕͕̞͎̫̖͚̳̫̲̺̙̥̀̓̆̓̏͋ɐ̸͍͇͖̬̱̯͒͊ǝ̸̢̰̼̝͓͕̝͚͕͛͛͊͜ṕ̸̝̲̚ͅ ̵̝͗͛̒̎̀̑͂̋ɯ̶̢̧̦̜͙̲͓̀,̵̦̫̪͐͜Ì̸̛̮̦͓̟̲̬̿̔̋͐͂̉̚̕̕ ̶̡̙̱̰͙̟͔̙̭̻̗̯͗͐̓͑˙̷͉̱͙͇͍̦̣̬̦̮̣͎͎̺̃̅̃͋̊̾̓́͐͜͝˙̷̡̛̮̰̝̬͉̭̱̹˙̸͕̜͕͕̦̩̮͇̩̥̖̘̣̻̽̽́͌̂̌̇̓̃̎́͗̓̀̚ʎ̸̛͔͈̌̔̽͛̽͊̋̑̚ɥ̴̻̯̻̺̯͐̄̊̌̀͋̔͛̚̕̕ʍ̵̤̽͌͝ ̸̞̝̰̳̋̈́́̓̅̑̌̄̍́͠͝ͅɹ̴̡̛͉̖̪̉̾͒̾͆̿́̂̏̀͘͝ǝ̸̛̙̻͇͂̆̈́̑͂̒͑͝p̴̧̖̭͖̩̳̖̥̬̑́̏̃̒͒͒͂͊̎͗u̷̘̗̞̹͋̂̀͑͛̆̅̇̾̇͋͘̕͠õ̵̢̨͖̼͋̈́̈́̃̓̈̊̉̒̑̚̚͘͠ʍ̴̻̙͉̼̳̯͕͓͔̹̯̄̍̂̏̑̈̓͒̄̽̎̚ ̷̦̲̮͉̝̭̌́̆̎̈̂̑̀͐̚͝͠ͅn̶̢̢͔͍͍̬͔̪̩̺̦̟͚͙͂͗͛͛̒ͅõ̸̧̘͖̘̥̩͔̎̐̿̕ʎ̶̨̱̮̩̪̫̺̗͆̇́̋̉̿͂̾̃͋̎̐̚͝ ̵̡̮̳̹̥̗̣̤̭̔̒̋̎̋̈́͒̍͐̅̆̈́p̷͖̱̼̭̖̳̳̙̝̗̮̰̭̓́̍ủ̴̥͇͎̣͉̿̎∀̵̖͉͇͉̽̓

cs2861142
Scratcher
100+ posts

musicROCKS013 wrote:

Wow, you guys are so generous. I was thinking you should only be able to request one project a day.

Now that I think about this, I agree. One project per day seems like more than enough. If the cooldown was only 2 minutes, you still could spam, just not as effectively. One project per day almost completely solves this issue.

cs2861142

Hey there, I am a 14-year-old coder of 5 years. I am very experienced with Scratch, I have experience with Unity and Godot. I love helping people on the forums using my knowledge. Currently learning Ableton Live to make some fire tracks.
Eagle138
Scratcher
500+ posts

cs2861142 wrote:

Milk909 wrote:

There is currently a 2 hour cooldown. I am still considering this, though. Also, I have added that a project cannot be accepted by the program if it is already in there.

The OP wrote:

There will be a 2 hour cooldown for adding projects to prevent spam.

SavetheAtlantic wrote:

So basically trending with less strict requirements. This wouldn't solve anything. There's still a limited number of projects that can be shown.
The projects are shown on a per-user basis like the SDS, though, so although the projects may get less views, more people will see them.

Sorry guys, I think I need to clarify the OP a little more.

Last edited by Eagle138 (June 14, 2022 06:08:55)

~ Eagle38
coder/artist/noob animator :: he/they :: unconventional :: comment ‘e’ on my profile if you see this
just call me Eagle
fancy signature banner coming…one day
The-Molten-Freddy
Scratcher
500+ posts

Eagle138 wrote:

In that case, change the name to “Chosen by Community” so it's less confusing. Your title makes it seem like the ST chose the projects

Aw yeah! Now for a meme!

Milk909
Scratcher
100+ posts

The-Molten-Freddy wrote:

Eagle138 wrote:

In that case, change the name to “Chosen by Community” so it's less confusing. Your title makes it seem like the ST chose the projects
yeah

Milk909
Scratcher
100+ posts

cs2861142 wrote:

Support.
This is a great idea because it allows the people whose projects may be underrated to actually be seen. The restrictions also make spam or inappropriate projects far less likely on the page.
As for your questioned specs / restrictions, it would be smart to not allow Scratchers to suggest their own projects, to avoid potential spam and inappropriate content. New Scratchers should not be able to suggest their own projects, for the same reason.
I also agree with Za-Chary's statement saying that the “Marked FE” restriction should be removed. If the project has 10 or 15 loves, it probably has little, if any, inappropriate content.
howabout if you are a scratcher you can add projects, if you are a new scratcher, you cannot

The-Molten-Freddy
Scratcher
500+ posts

Milk909 wrote:

howabout if you are a scratcher you can add projects, if you are a new scratcher, you cannot
Like a studio?

Aw yeah! Now for a meme!

Milk909
Scratcher
100+ posts

The-Molten-Freddy wrote:

Milk909 wrote:

Like a studio?
sort of.

cs2861142
Scratcher
100+ posts

Milk909 wrote:

cs2861142 wrote:

Support.
This is a great idea because it allows the people whose projects may be underrated to actually be seen. The restrictions also make spam or inappropriate projects far less likely on the page.
As for your questioned specs / restrictions, it would be smart to not allow Scratchers to suggest their own projects, to avoid potential spam and inappropriate content. New Scratchers should not be able to suggest their own projects, for the same reason.
I also agree with Za-Chary's statement saying that the “Marked FE” restriction should be removed. If the project has 10 or 15 loves, it probably has little, if any, inappropriate content.

Ahh, yes, that is what I meant to say. Sorry for the confusion

cs2861142

Milk909
Scratcher
100+ posts

cs2861142 wrote:

Milk909 wrote:

cs2861142 wrote:

Support.

Ahh, yes, that is what I meant to say. Sorry for the confusion
:]

Eagle138
Scratcher
500+ posts

Thanks for the feedback, guys! I'll change the name to ‘Community Picks’ and make it so that only Scratchers can add projects. I might also make it that you can't add your own projects; that might make more sense. Let me know if you don't agree.

~ Eagle38
coder/artist/noob animator :: he/they :: unconventional :: comment ‘e’ on my profile if you see this
just call me Eagle
-iviedwall-
Scratcher
500+ posts

Milk909 wrote:

cs2861142 wrote:

Support.
NO support for this idea, that's just unfair, since they already couldn't create studios, host studios, and have a longer cooldown in commenting.
Eagle138
Scratcher
500+ posts

-iviedwall- wrote:

Milk909 wrote:

cs2861142 wrote:

Support.
NO support for this idea, that's just unfair, since they already couldn't create studios, host studios, and have a longer cooldown in commenting.
Maybe they can post, but it's limited to 1 project/day for them?

~ Eagle38
just call me Eagle
DarthVader4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Technically, the Propose Projects to be Featured studio is “Community Picks” as featured projects tend to be chosen from there and the community are the ones who propose the projects. I'm not so sure how this would be so different, but if this were to be implemented, maybe it could repurpose the studio in some way?

Be Moist Also, here's a helpful link to Ocular
I am DV4L, Erector of Text Walls, Typer of Long Posts, Creator of Mini-mod posts
The kumquats have eaten this line, so I have to have a new way to repel them.
Had a bad day or are feeling bored? Watch this to make your day better in an interesting way.
Do you think you've been banned unfairly? Then you'd be wrong. The ST aren't children, so quit acting like they are.