Discuss Scratch

OmarMahin
New Scratcher
1 post

Scratch not connecting with micro:bit

Hello, I bought a micro:bit v2 a month ago. I have tested it with makecode and it works perfectly. I wanted to connect it with Scratch. I have uploaded .hex file to my micro:bit and it shows 5 letter code on the display. I have downloaded the scratchlink and enabled my bluetooth. Yet Scratch does not find my micro:bit but when I see the available bluetooth devices it shows micro:bit in the list but it does not connect to it. Without the .hex file flashed in my micro:bit I can pair my pc and the micro:but but when the file is flashed into micro:but it doesn't pair. Can anyone give me a solution to this, please?
hacktronics
Scratcher
100+ posts

Are you sure using the right hex file, without the hex file, i.e. the firmware the micro:bit is just a piece of hardware, the firmware (any) will make it useful, so its required.
This is the link for scratch & micro:bit details: https://scratch.mit.edu/microbit
Once the firmware is flashed, you need to pair it with your computer. If the computer bluetooth is not detecting the micro:bit, use a USB bluetooth dongle.
Different versions of micro:bit uses different Bluetooth protocols, so make sure your computer supports that.

Once the device is paired, you can use the scratch link or https://ide.codeskool.cc/ to connect with it.

CodeSkool: Beyond Scratch with ML, AI, Python, HTML5, Arduino, Games…
superbuddy2
Scratcher
100+ posts

OmarMahin wrote:

(#1)
Hello, I bought a micro:bit v2 a month ago. I have tested it with makecode and it works perfectly. I wanted to connect it with Scratch. I have uploaded .hex file to my micro:bit and it shows 5 letter code on the display. I have downloaded the scratchlink and enabled my bluetooth. Yet Scratch does not find my micro:bit but when I see the available bluetooth devices it shows micro:bit in the list but it does not connect to it. Without the .hex file flashed in my micro:bit I can pair my pc and the micro:but but when the file is flashed into micro:but it doesn't pair. Can anyone give me a solution to this, please?
Problems? Try this.

Hi! This is my signature - @superbuddy2 - and I am taking applications for my Scratch Operating System, where I plan to make a full-on third-party app store. Go here to submit your application. Also there is a basic trailer here. I will also be publishing updates here.

Some tutorials and scripts.

Share your favourite projects or creators here, for the new Scratch Rewind series.