Discuss Scratch

CraiL_
Scratcher
10 posts

Private sharing of unfinished projects.

How about private sharing of incomplete projects, between friends and collaborators or beta testers.
It can work like google drive, where i get a link which i share with my friends so they can play and give feedback.
DemCupcakesYo
Scratcher
100+ posts

Private sharing of unfinished projects.

jvvg wrote:

2. Private messaging
When communication is public, people are more likely to be respectful because they know that everyone can see it. However, when posting PMs, people know that only the intended recipient can see it, so don't think as much before posting. Even if a “Flag PM” function is implemented, the Scratch Team currently does not have the resources to moderate it, because of the reason I said before there would be a lot of inappropriate/disrespectful messages.
Please read the sticky.

Last edited by DemCupcakesYo (Oct. 27, 2014 17:54:10)


-DemCupcakesYo

If you support, it should be +1. If you don't, it should be +0, not -1. If you half-support, it should be +1/2 or +0.5, not +0. You can't subtract from the supporters.

My browser / operating system: Windows 7, Chrome 36.0.1985.125, Flash 14.0 (release 0)

CraiL_
Scratcher
10 posts

Private sharing of unfinished projects.

By private sharing, i don't mean private messaging.

Right now, if my project is unfinished no one but i can play and test the game.
What i want is, if i can give the game's link to my friend or tester they can play it too.
This way they can test it, before it is released to the general public.

Anyone with the link can view and play the game. There is nothing private or secret.

The aim is to promote collaboration and better testing of a game before releasing it.
silverknight108
Scratcher
82 posts

Private sharing of unfinished projects.

PEANUTS!!!

hint it means support

silverknight the scratcher
peanuts = support
have a need to doodle well here you go http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/27084449/
need to play some classic pong? http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/25538023/
did i help you well fell free to follow me for semi - excellent projects

add[awsomeness] to (liked things) 
do(liked things) ([infinity] x [2 ]:: operators) times
DemCupcakesYo
Scratcher
100+ posts

Private sharing of unfinished projects.

CraiL_ wrote:

By private sharing, i don't mean private messaging.

Private sharing could still be abused like PMing.



-DemCupcakesYo

If you support, it should be +1. If you don't, it should be +0, not -1. If you half-support, it should be +1/2 or +0.5, not +0. You can't subtract from the supporters.

My browser / operating system: Windows 7, Chrome 36.0.1985.125, Flash 14.0 (release 0)

silverknight108
Scratcher
82 posts

Private sharing of unfinished projects.

the tasty cupcake wrote:

CraiL_ wrote:

By private sharing, i don't mean private messaging.

Private sharing could still be abused like PMing.

How?

silverknight the scratcher
peanuts = support
have a need to doodle well here you go http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/27084449/
need to play some classic pong? http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/25538023/
did i help you well fell free to follow me for semi - excellent projects

add[awsomeness] to (liked things) 
do(liked things) ([infinity] x [2 ]:: operators) times
CraiL_
Scratcher
10 posts

Private sharing of unfinished projects.

Here is the mechanics that i have thought

I am making a game, whose link is

http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1234567890/

its not yet shared, only i can see and test it

Now, i send this link to my friend, like a normal message

example, on his profile -

@myFried - try this http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1234567890/

then he can click and play that game.

the game is still unshared and won't show up on my profile or normal search.
DemCupcakesYo
Scratcher
100+ posts

Private sharing of unfinished projects.

silverknight108 wrote:

the tasty cupcake wrote:

CraiL_ wrote:

By private sharing, i don't mean private messaging.

Private sharing could still be abused like PMing.

How?
Simple, someone could make an inapprpriate project and private share it to them.

-DemCupcakesYo

If you support, it should be +1. If you don't, it should be +0, not -1. If you half-support, it should be +1/2 or +0.5, not +0. You can't subtract from the supporters.

My browser / operating system: Windows 7, Chrome 36.0.1985.125, Flash 14.0 (release 0)

silverknight108
Scratcher
82 posts

Private sharing of unfinished projects.

DemCupcakesYo wrote:

silverknight108 wrote:

the tasty cupcake wrote:

CraiL_ wrote:

By private sharing, i don't mean private messaging.

Private sharing could still be abused like PMing.

How?
Simple, someone could make an inapprpriate project and private share it to them.
well how about that the st can see the projects as normal and the person viewing it can report it as normal

Last edited by silverknight108 (Oct. 27, 2014 18:48:37)


silverknight the scratcher
peanuts = support
have a need to doodle well here you go http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/27084449/
need to play some classic pong? http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/25538023/
did i help you well fell free to follow me for semi - excellent projects

add[awsomeness] to (liked things) 
do(liked things) ([infinity] x [2 ]:: operators) times
DemCupcakesYo
Scratcher
100+ posts

Private sharing of unfinished projects.

silverknight108 wrote:

DemCupcakesYo wrote:

silverknight108 wrote:

the tasty cupcake wrote:

CraiL_ wrote:

By private sharing, i don't mean private messaging.

Private sharing could still be abused like PMing.

How?
Simple, someone could make an inapprpriate project and private share it to them.
well how about that the st can see the projects as normal and the person viewing it can report it as normal

jvvg wrote:

2. Private messaging
When communication is public, people are more likely to be respectful because they know that everyone can see it. However, when posting PMs, people know that only the intended recipient can see it, so don't think as much before posting. Even if a “Flag PM” function is implemented, the Scratch Team currently does not have the resources to moderate it, because of the reason I said before there would be a lot of inappropriate/disrespectful messages.

-DemCupcakesYo

If you support, it should be +1. If you don't, it should be +0, not -1. If you half-support, it should be +1/2 or +0.5, not +0. You can't subtract from the supporters.

My browser / operating system: Windows 7, Chrome 36.0.1985.125, Flash 14.0 (release 0)

mitopolis
Scratcher
100+ posts

Private sharing of unfinished projects.

People would type a message on a sprite. That would go on and on, and it would be used as private messaging. No support.

My signature just ate your evil kumquat!
when green flag clicked
forever
if <I am spamming::sensing>then
Stop Spamming
end


































































































































































define stop spamming
silverknight108
Scratcher
82 posts

Private sharing of unfinished projects.

DemCupcakesYo wrote:

silverknight108 wrote:

DemCupcakesYo wrote:

silverknight108 wrote:

the tasty cupcake wrote:

CraiL_ wrote:

By private sharing, i don't mean private messaging.

Private sharing could still be abused like PMing.

How?
Simple, someone could make an inapprpriate project and private share it to them.
well how about that the st can see the projects as normal and the person viewing it can report it as normal

jvvg wrote:

2. Private messaging
When communication is public, people are more likely to be respectful because they know that everyone can see it. However, when posting PMs, people know that only the intended recipient can see it, so don't think as much before posting. Even if a “Flag PM” function is implemented, the Scratch Team currently does not have the resources to moderate it, because of the reason I said before there would be a lot of inappropriate/disrespectful messages.
well good point but still…

mitopolis wrote:

People would type a message on a sprite. That would go on and on, and it would be used as private messaging. No support.
umm i give up

silverknight the scratcher
peanuts = support
have a need to doodle well here you go http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/27084449/
need to play some classic pong? http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/25538023/
did i help you well fell free to follow me for semi - excellent projects

add[awsomeness] to (liked things) 
do(liked things) ([infinity] x [2 ]:: operators) times
CraiL_
Scratcher
10 posts

Private sharing of unfinished projects.

There is nothing private about this thing, its was my mistake to put ‘private’ word in the topic.

Better topic is :

“Sharing of unfinished projects using project's link to selected people.”
silverknight108
Scratcher
82 posts

Private sharing of unfinished projects.

edit the title

silverknight the scratcher
peanuts = support
have a need to doodle well here you go http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/27084449/
need to play some classic pong? http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/25538023/
did i help you well fell free to follow me for semi - excellent projects

add[awsomeness] to (liked things) 
do(liked things) ([infinity] x [2 ]:: operators) times
CraiL_
Scratcher
10 posts

Private sharing of unfinished projects.

i dn't know how to
joshuaho
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Private sharing of unfinished projects.

Everyone, I think there is a bit of confusion here. We are not talking about Private Messaging - we are talking about private projects - projects that can only be seen by certain people.

Regardless, by sharing your project to the Scratch Website, you allow everyone to see the project. That is why we have “share” in the Community Guidelines - making projects private is not something that is intended to be added - sorry!

College student studying communication theories, amateur jazz piano player, bicyclist, perfectionist, and just someone trying to stay as healthy and fit as possible.
CraiL_
Scratcher
10 posts

Private sharing of unfinished projects.

Private project sharing will promote collaboration and testing. Most of the projects now are ‘one man one hour’ games with tons of bugs.
Don't you want to encourage people to share ideas and help each other to make better games.
joshuaho
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Private sharing of unfinished projects.

CraiL_ wrote:

Private project sharing will promote collaboration and testing. Most of the projects now are ‘one man one hour’ games with tons of bugs.
Don't you want to encourage people to share ideas and help each other to make better games.
Yes, but private sharing is still not something that is to be added - people might make projects that are inappropriate and share them privately too. We don't want that to happen since Scratch is a kids site.

It is also important that you are constructive to those that make ‘one man one hour’ games with bugs - they may have been made by someone new to Scratch. As long as the project fits the Community Guidelines, we allow it on the site - it doesn't matter how simple the project is.

College student studying communication theories, amateur jazz piano player, bicyclist, perfectionist, and just someone trying to stay as healthy and fit as possible.
Paddle2See
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

Private sharing of unfinished projects.

I can see where collaborators would find this feature useful…but I don't think it's likely to happen. Here's why:

We depend very heavily on our community to help us keep an eye on things and make sure that the Community Guidelines are being followed. Reducing the number of people that can see a project increases the likelihood that inappropriate content could be shared without being reported. That's a risk that we are not willing to take. Keeping everything out in the open is the best way we have found to help keep Scratch friendly and safe.

Scratch Team Member, kayak enthusiast, and servant to multiple cats.

;

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile