Discuss Scratch

SansLastBreathFan
Scratcher
97 posts

Undertale Battle Engine (D-Engine Month, released Deltarune X Undertale as Beta )

SansLastBreathFan wrote:

*THIS IS AN AD!* Hey guys! I made a cool battle engine you can use while waiting for this one to release. (NOTE: It is difficult to use.)
why did everyone ignore this ;-;
JaztyMania
Scratcher
100+ posts

Undertale Battle Engine (D-Engine Month, released Deltarune X Undertale as Beta )

SansLastBreathFan wrote:

SansLastBreathFan wrote:

*THIS IS AN AD!* Hey guys! I made a cool battle engine you can use while waiting for this one to release. (NOTE: It is difficult to use.)
Do not advertise

/JaztyMania

https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/32908001/
^^^ Engines

when green flag clicked
if <[JaztyMania] = [Cool]> then

play sound [Never Gonna Give You Up v] until done
end
SansLastBreathFan
Scratcher
97 posts

JaztyMania wrote:

SansLastBreathFan wrote:

SansLastBreathFan wrote:

Do not advertise
its on subject tho. it is a Undertale battle engine
JaztyMania
Scratcher
100+ posts

SansLastBreathFan wrote:

JaztyMania wrote:

SansLastBreathFan wrote:

SansLastBreathFan wrote:

Do not advertise
its on subject tho. it is a Undertale battle engine
Fair enough ig?

/JaztyMania

^^^ Engines

when green flag clicked

end
Nivalosha
Scratcher
100+ posts

I don't mind if other people show their engines, as it can help me understand what other people are looking for.

The engine will be split into two separate projects. The first is the editor; the second is the engine itself. This is done to make sure the user can play their games without suffering any lag or overheating their computer. This change will additionally give more control to those that wants to change the engine.

The editor
This project will include a huge chunk of things that you need, it will have a visual UI that will make it easier for you to build your game. The goal is to have two tabs open, one with your engine and the other with the editor. You can make changes in the editor and then easily import the data (via code) into the engine project. The engine project will import the data and update your game.
Unlike other engines, they have both an editor and an engine, resulting in numerous kinds of issues. Additionally, it limits other developers who wants to modify the engine without the use of visual editors.

The engine
The engine will function as a tool, responding to inputs from the editor. It will be required to manually save and load the enemy profile. I'll explain this in greater details later on. If you do not want to use the editor, you can simply use and modify the engine itself.

But remember, this is a tool to help you build the core of your game. Don't' expect it to magically create a full fan game with a few basic clicks. You'll still need to code in your own things, and make your own changes. Treat it more like a game engine tool that is there to help and save you a lot of time.
Overworld engine will have its own post.

Thank you!

Also, Mettaton Project seems to be the hardest battle to re-create. It's going fine.

inksans_808
Scratcher
14 posts

Nivalosha wrote:

I don't mind if other people show their engines, as it can help me understand what other people are looking for.

The engine will be split into two separate projects. The first is the editor; the second is the engine itself. This is done to make sure the user can play their games without suffering any lag or overheating their computer. This change will additionally give more control to those that wants to change the engine.

The editor
This project will include a huge chunk of things that you need, it will have a visual UI that will make it easier for you to build your game. The goal is to have two tabs open, one with your engine and the other with the editor. You can make changes in the editor and then easily import the data (via code) into the engine project. The engine project will import the data and update your game.
Unlike other engines, they have both an editor and an engine, resulting in numerous kinds of issues. Additionally, it limits other developers who wants to modify the engine without the use of visual editors.

The engine
The engine will function as a tool, responding to inputs from the editor. It will be required to manually save and load the enemy profile. I'll explain this in greater details later on. If you do not want to use the editor, you can simply use and modify the engine itself.

But remember, this is a tool to help you build the core of your game. Don't' expect it to magically create a full fan game with a few basic clicks. You'll still need to code in your own things, and make your own changes. Treat it more like a game engine tool that is there to help and save you a lot of time.
Overworld engine will have its own post.

Thank you!

Also, Mettaton Project seems to be the hardest battle to re-create. It's going fine.

Yay it's maybe quite idk something almost done?
SansLastBreathFan
Scratcher
97 posts

why does it keep getting quiet here
supercarles
Scratcher
100+ posts

MAYBE IF WE SCREAM FROM NOW ON IT WONT BE SO QUIET FOR YOU

YEEHAW

go to x: (when @greenFlag clicked :: control) y: (when stop sign held :: control) :: hat
say: (if <(turning @turnRight:: motion)=((held @greenFlag for (turn @turnLeft (15) degrees :: motion) seconds :: operators)+(my variable))> then :: control)
20(set [my variable v] to :: variables) :: variables
when this sprite clicked :: stack
move (10) steps{
turn (@turnLeft :: #ffffff) 15 degrees{
[say] Hello! [for] 2 [seconds] {
repeat. (10) ::stack :: control
} :: looks
} :: motion
if <say (when @greenFlag clicked :: control) :: looks = ()>then
(play sound v) Meow (until done v) :: sound
end
YEEHAW [YEEHAW] for ((YEEHAW)*((YEEHAW)-(Howdy y'all))) :: control
(when I receive v) message1 :: cap :: control

DON'T SAY PASTA ON MY PROFILE. WORST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE
sonicreal3
Scratcher
100+ posts

SansLastBreathFan wrote:

Because the majority of us ran out of things to say a month ago

you should agree with anything above that line
supercarles
Scratcher
100+ posts

sonicreal3 wrote:

SansLastBreathFan wrote:

fr

YEEHAW

go to x: (when @greenFlag clicked :: control) y: (when stop sign held :: control) :: hat
say: (if <(turning @turnRight:: motion)=((held @greenFlag for (turn @turnLeft (15) degrees :: motion) seconds :: operators)+(my variable))> then :: control)
20(set [my variable v] to :: variables) :: variables
when this sprite clicked :: stack
move (10) steps{
turn (@turnLeft :: #ffffff) 15 degrees{
[say] Hello! [for] 2 [seconds] {
repeat. (10) ::stack :: control
} :: looks
if <say (when @greenFlag clicked :: control) :: looks = ()>then
(play sound v) Meow (until done v) :: sound
end
YEEHAW [YEEHAW] for ((YEEHAW)*((YEEHAW)-(Howdy y'all))) :: control
(when I receive v) message1 :: cap :: control

DON'T SAY PASTA ON MY PROFILE. WORST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE
sonicreal3
Scratcher
100+ posts

supercarles wrote:

sonicreal3 wrote:

SansLastBreathFan wrote:

fr
at this point its easier to watch the chaos unfold, which cant happen now because everybody's observing

JaztyMania
Scratcher
100+ posts

Guys do you think Undertale Battle Engine (Second showcase: First playable battle releasing on March 14th or 15th ) is better with a side of Fries or Bacon, personally I like mine with 2 sides of bacon and some ranch like mM
Y’all need to try it

/JaztyMania

^^^ Engines

when green flag clicked

end
SansLastBreathFan
Scratcher
97 posts

guys my mom said if I don't get off scratch she will beat my head into the keyboartewfdsajknqkjw heflsdj4oqt wfaeiot
sonicreal3
Scratcher
100+ posts

SansLastBreathFan wrote:

guys my mom said if I don't get off scratch she will beat my head into the keyboartewfdsajknqkjw heflsdj4oqt wfaeiot
oh the misery

JaztyMania
Scratcher
100+ posts

sonicreal3 wrote:

SansLastBreathFan wrote:

oh the misery
everybody wants to be my enemy

/JaztyMania

^^^ Engines

when green flag clicked

end
Undertalebuffer
Scratcher
100+ posts

JaztyMania wrote:

sonicreal3 wrote:

SansLastBreathFan wrote:

oh the misery
Y
Y
Y
Y
Y
cs3095369
Scratcher
100+ posts

JaztyMania wrote:

sonicreal3 wrote:

SansLastBreathFan wrote:

oh the misery
spare the sympaty

-Co-Developer for DELTARUNE: Chapter Reconstructed
Ask for a vector or PFP on my profile!

Proud handsome Lancer supporter.
notTheRealMarshall
Scratcher
100+ posts

Anyone know what happened to the Surprised Temmie and Handsome Lancer war? also I think scratch blocked me from uploading images because I tried to upload Tem and Lancer but it said “sorry this post appears to include unsuitable language”

sonicreal3
Scratcher
100+ posts

notTheRealMarshall wrote:

Anyone know what happened to the Surprised Temmie and Handsome Lancer war? also I think scratch blocked me from uploading images because I tried to upload Tem and Lancer but it said “sorry this post appears to include unsuitable language”
I figure we just settled with “hey, why not just love both”

notTheRealMarshall
Scratcher
100+ posts

sonicreal3 wrote:

notTheRealMarshall wrote:

I figure we just settled with “hey, why not just love both”
Personally I prefer that