Discuss Scratch

soarroying
Scratcher
500+ posts

Stack block inputs in custom blocks

Like:
define Block name (stack block input :: custom stack)
Do something with (stack block input :: custom stack)
RL1123
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Stack block inputs in custom blocks

I don't see any circumstances in which this addition would be useful. Can you state some? You also haven't said how this block works.

Last edited by RL1123 (March 30, 2022 00:28:02)

soarroying
Scratcher
500+ posts

Stack block inputs in custom blocks

RL1123 wrote:

I don't see any circumstances in which this addition would be useful. Can you state some? You also haven't said how this block works.
Another:
define Sample (Block :: custom stack) (input amount)
repeat (input amount)
Block
end
RL1123
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Stack block inputs in custom blocks

soarroying wrote:

RL1123 wrote:

I don't see any circumstances in which this addition would be useful. Can you state some? You also haven't said how this block works.
Another:
define Sample (Block :: custom stack) (input amount)
repeat (input amount)
Block
end
But then how would the block look like when put in use? Also, you still haven't said why this would be useful.
VeryFamus
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Stack block inputs in custom blocks

This sounds like that it’s just putting a custom block inside a custom block script? Because that block would have to be defined in teh the first place, which is what custom blocks are for.

Last edited by VeryFamus (March 30, 2022 00:34:45)

historical_supa
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Stack block inputs in custom blocks

Why would someone need this?
soarroying
Scratcher
500+ posts

Stack block inputs in custom blocks

RL1123 wrote:

soarroying wrote:

RL1123 wrote:

I don't see any circumstances in which this addition would be useful. Can you state some? You also haven't said how this block works.
Another:
define Sample (Block :: custom stack) (input amount)
repeat (input amount)
Block
end
But then how would the block look like when put in use? Also, you still haven't said why this would be useful.
The input. Input stack block:
Sample (Sample :: operators stack) :: looks hat //My example
The block input does the same thing as the inputted block does normally

Last edited by soarroying (March 30, 2022 11:22:10)

historical_supa
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Stack block inputs in custom blocks

soarroying wrote:

RL1123 wrote:

soarroying wrote:

RL1123 wrote:

I don't see any circumstances in which this addition would be useful. Can you state some? You also haven't said how this block works.
Another:
define Sample (Block :: custom stack) (input amount)
repeat (input amount)
Block
end
But then how would the block look like when put in use? Also, you still haven't said why this would be useful.
The input. Input stack block:
Like (this :: operators stack)
The block input does the same thing as the inputted block does normally
That doesn't really explain much about the stack block.
PGBFLITE6373
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Stack block inputs in custom blocks

soarroying wrote:

historical_supa wrote:

~snip~
Please don't quote the whole OP
He isn't quoting the OP, he is only counting the chain of quotes.

ANyways this seems a bit ambiguous. I don't understand a thing about what you're suggesting. Would this run the custom block? What are the uses of this? It's confusing, and if you explain this it could be a bit better than pointing out the uses. I don't understand what the uses do, so I have no idea what I can say about this.

Last edited by PGBFLITE6373 (March 30, 2022 11:36:19)

op456
Scratcher
100+ posts

Stack block inputs in custom blocks

I think this would add confusion, if anything, and it'd be hard for New Scratchers to understand.

Also, as others have said, I don't see a proper use for it.
Paddle2See
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

Stack block inputs in custom blocks

How does this differ from our current ability to pass inputs into custom blocks?
dertermenter
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Stack block inputs in custom blocks

bump

Powered by DjangoBB