Discuss Scratch

_AshAnimates_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

✓Emerald Shop 6.0 FAQ's✓

Here are some quick frequently asked questions that TES has gotten.

• Why did we move from 5.0 to 6.0?
    The owner of the 5.0 (Minty) suddenly became inactive and the shop crumbled until nobody was active. _AshAnimates_ asked Minty to remake TES into a 6.0 but she never responded so Ash made the 6.0

Customer FAQs

• What is a shop?
    A shop is a place where any Scratcher can come, place an order, and get it done completely for free!
  • What's an order?
    An order is a request for something (like art, scripting, or a review) that a worker then “takes” (or “claims”) and completes for you! For example, if I ordered a piece of art, a worker would “take” (or “claim”) my order, draw the art for me, and then give me a link to the artwork!
  • How do I order?
    Go to our list of forms, copy the text for the order form, paste it into the “new reply” box at the bottom of the page, and fill it out! When you're done, simply press “submit” to post your order, and one of our workers will take it soon.
  • What kinds of orders do you accept?
    The services we provide are art, scripting, music, writing, ideas, animations, reviews, sound, advertising, voice acting, GIFs, BBCode, signatures, pen, and memes, though we can usually do anything a customer asks for.
  • What if no one takes my order?
    If no one takes your order, don't worry! It should show up on the Unclaimed Orders Center soon, and a worker will take it eventually.
  • What is the Unclaimed Orders Center?
    The Unclaimed Orders Center (Also called the Orders Center or the UOC) is a collection of all of the orders that haven't been claimed. This center is maintained by the Secretaries and usually updated at least once a day.
  • My order is overdue. What do I do?
    If your order is overdue, first of all, we're sorry. We may have a lot of workers, but not all of us are active at once and the people who are good at what you ordered might not be active when you order it. Also, your order might be above the skill level of most of our workers. You can bump (repost) your order if it's overdue, but please don't spam. It should be claimed soon after you bump it. If not, we can always direct you to some other shops that can get your order done!
  • What does “bump” mean?
    “Bump” stands for Bring Up My Post. When you “bump” an order, it shows up on the most recent page of the shop and more workers will see it. If we “bump” the shop, we're just bringing it to the front page of the “Requests” forum so that more people see it.
  • How do I review your work?
    Head on up to the list of forms again, copy and paste the worker review form into the “new reply” box, and fill that out! I read (and save) all worker reviews, and they're greatly appreciated.
  • What if I'm not satisfied?
    If you're not satisfied with your order, you can always ask the worker who did your order to change it! If they're unable to change it to your liking, you can always order again and a new worker will complete your order.
  • Do I have to pay?
    No, you don't have to pay for anything at our shop! It's all free, no loves, favorites, or follows are required. We just ask that you give credit to the shop and the worker who completed your order if you end up using it somewhere.

Worker FAQs

• How do I apply?
    Go to the list of forms, copy and paste the application form into a new reply, and fill it out! If you meet all of the requirements, you'll be accepted as a trainee (see the trainee FAQs below).
  • Why wasn't I accepted?
    If you weren't accepted, it's probably because you forgot the codeword. The codeword is somewhere on the front page, you'll have to read it all and find it! Usually, if your application is missing the codeword, someone will reply to your post saying “You're missing something”, or something along those lines.
  • Do I need to join a studio?
    Yes, all workers at our shop (trainees and full members) must curate the shop studio. If you don't get an invitation after joining, leave a comment asking to be invited!
  • What do I need to do as an employee?
    Employees must take orders, respond to activity checks, and participate in discussions and votes.
  • Can employees place orders?
    Yes, employees can place orders! Feel free to order from this shop whenever you'd like.
  • How do I take orders?
    When a customer places an order, you can quote their post (using the blue “Quote” button at the bottom of their post) and say “Taken!” “Claimed!”, or something along those lines. Then, you have to complete their order and notify them once it's done. You can also look through the Unclaimed Orders Center to find orders that haven't been taken yet.
  • What is the Unclaimed Orders Center?
    The Unclaimed Orders Center (Also called the Orders Center or the UOC) is a collection of all of the orders that haven't been claimed. This center is maintained by the Secretaries and usually updated at least once a day.
  • Where do I find the unclaimed orders?
    There's a hyperlink to the Unclaimed Orders Center at the top of every post on the front page.
  • How do I tell a customer their order is done?
    If they said that they're following this thread (in their order form), then you can simply leave a post saying that their order is done with the completed product attached. If they're not following the thread, check their order form to see where they asked to be notified. For example, if they asked to be notified on their profile, leave a comment on their profile with a link to the product.
  • How do I upload orders?
    If they ordered a sprite, coding, or something that they requested in a project, then create it in a project. If they wanted an image, I suggest uploading the image using cubeupload.com or another whitelisted image host.
  • What is an activity check?
    They're explained in more detail here, but activity checks are held periodically (about once a month) to check on who's active. If you don't respond to an activity check in time, you'll receive a strike.
  • How do I respond to an activity check?
    You respond to activity checks by leaving a comment on the shop studio saying that you're active. All you need to say is “Active”, but people have come up with some creative ways of responding. (“Deadn't”, “I'm not active and you don't see this comment”, “Am I active? You tell me.”) As long as it's obviously a response to the check (and it's Scratch-appropriate!), you can basically say anything.
  • What are strikes?
    Strikes are given out if you do not respond to an activity check or you go against the terms. If a worker collects three strikes, they'll be fired from the shop. If you're a trainee, you'll be fired after only two strikes (this is to make sure that all of our trainees are dedicated and active members of the shop before we promote them).
  • What does “BoD” mean?
    “BoD” stands for “Board of Directors”. Most people in shops shorten it to BoD because it's shorter to type.
  • What is the Board of Directors?
    The Board of Directors is the shop's leadership. These people run the shop and make sure everything goes smoothly. They each have different duties, which can be found of the staff page at TES.
  • How do I get on the Board of Directors?
    If a member of the BoD is fired, demoted, or leaves the shop, then their position will be vacant. Soon after they leave, the President will announce that the position is open. Staff can them say they are interested and the BoD will discuss.
  • Can non-BoD members suggest things?
    Yes, any member of the shop can make a suggestion, even trainees! Whether or not you're on the BoD, your suggestion will need two other BoD members to support it before it's discussed or voted on.
  • How do I go on leave/get excused?
    There's a more detailed explanation here, but basically, you just fill out the Absence Form.

Trainee FAQs

• Why am I a trainee?
    As of now, all new members join as trainees. This is to make sure that all of our members know how to be good members of a shop before they become full members.
  • Can trainees take orders?
    Yes, trainees can (and should) take orders! This is an important part of gaining shop experience.
  • Can trainees vote?
    No, trainees cannot vote.
  • How do I become a full member?
    You can find the requirements for becoming a full member in the Other Info section.

Last edited by _AshAnimates_ (April 12, 2022 11:08:27)

Oops, my siggy is too big. Hit ctrl + shift + down to read it all!

Hi! I'm Ash/Asher/Ashly, a para-nonbinary scratcher. I use all pronouns when online(though I prefer xe/xem).

I have 961 posts! (Updated February 24th 2022 at 6:55 am)