Discuss Scratch

JollofRice123
Scratcher
500+ posts

✨SCAMS Forum✨ (Strange acronym, I know, but oh well)

Welcome to the SWOW Committee And Managers' (SCAM) Forum!
I know ‘SCAMS’ is a weird acronym to have, especially on a website like Scratch, but I can't be bothered to type out the full name every time I reference this forum ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you're not part of the SWOW management or committee teams, I kindly ask you to leave this forum and if you're not part of SWOW, you should definitely join! It's an awesome writing studio (◠ᴥ◕ʋ)

Getting Started…
Okie dokie!

This forum has needed to exist for a long, long time — but it's here now, and it's better late than never, right?

So, without much further ado about nothing, let's five right into, well, whatever it is we're about to get ourselves into! :D

Sharing + Regrouping
This is where we'll share our more major ideas, particularly the ones we've given/ are giving the most focus to. I'm thinking that we try to split of any relevant ideas so that both groups are working on something at the same time.

For example, with the magazine idea the committee could work on the promotions and information that will be included, whilst the managers work on the visuals and organisation. Then we regroup later on.

Speaking of that, I'm thinking we regroup at least once a month, hopefully twice? We'll see what's possible when we finish sorting ourselves out OωO

Additional Forum Uses
This is also where each group can ask the other questions. Thus means that our forums won't be cluttered with discussions that are somewhat off topic (us managers are very wishy-washy, so we discuss multiple ideas at once. It might (not) be like that in the committee, but in any case, this will be a good way to avoid missing important messages ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ)

Just A Note…
Whilst the actual management of the studio is primarily up to the managers, anything that involves or may involve the SWOW community also involves our committee. I'm hoping this forum will reiterate that fact ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Anything Else? :O
I was going to say something else, but I pulled a blank halfway through typing it, so I'll edit this post if I happen to remember at some point XD
WriterDerp
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hello I'm followed to this discussion.

Also - First! >:)
boom2ratz
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hello there.

PoppyWriter
Scratcher
500+ posts

Anyone else find it funny that the acronym is “scam”? Anyway, has anyone seen my unicorn? I think it went on vacation without me.

Last edited by PoppyWriter (Feb. 6, 2022 00:09:51)

oh, darling
take me to the english fields
that my knees may brush the poppy petals
take me to the english woods
that my feet may dance on dark green nettles
take me to the english cities
that my ears may hear those midday bells
take me to the my english home
that my ailing soul might be made well
ShadowSayaka
Scratcher
100+ posts

My pet Astral Dreadnought went rogue and stole my credit card details
(Hi guys! Thanks for listening to my insincere spoof post)

Last edited by ShadowSayaka (Feb. 6, 2022 03:14:39)

Hiya! People call me sʜᴀᴅᴏᴡ \(˶‾᷄ ⁻̫ ‾᷅˵)/
I am the most awesome person in existence. I really love saying that, it just rolls off your tongue like the most natural thing. I write fantasy and stuff. Read my work and give me a follow at my profile!
-DesVision-
Scratcher
100+ posts

What's up? I really think the committee needs more activity/members, but I've already posted multiple notices and nobody has applied. Help pls.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
To see the entire signature, press ctrl + shift + down arrow
Hi I'm -DesVision-, but you can call me Erie! I love to read, write and sleep. I am in my school's book club and love when it is SWC season! MY favorite games are Minecraft and Stardew Valley. I also love to watch Marvel, too. I am aspiring author and hope to one day get published . . . somewhere. Check out my latest, and biggest, project! Go check out Sandy and Ani!
“A book is a gift you can open again and again” -Ani
For my Misconception photos, Touch Of Adventure did the image hosting.

firestarwarriorcat1
Scratcher
100+ posts

What do you mean by ‘regrouping’?
Edit: Nevermind, I think I understand now

Last edited by firestarwarriorcat1 (Feb. 7, 2022 00:11:20)

Nice to meet you; I'm Fizzy! I like reading, writing, drawing, petting my cat, reading, riding my bike, reading, watching funny fails, oh, and did I mention reading?
Latest obsession: Keeper of the Lost Cities
Hobbies: Curling up in my room and binge reading

“There's no reason to worry.” - Alden Vacker
“We could all use a little more weird in our lives.” - Fitz Vacker
“Fix me, Foster. You're my only hope.” - Keefe Sencen
“Sometimes things have to get worse before they get better.” - Keefe Sencen
“I could be your hero any day.” - Keefe Sencen
QuirkyPROgrammer_101
Scratcher
50 posts

My yeti has started to eat carrots (for healthy eyes) and I'll be flying with it to the unknown world of Doritos.

About Me
✧Quirky✧
Potterhead, wannabe Ling Ling, Author, Artist, Athlete, Coder. Always ready to talk, discuss or debate! ฅʕ•̫͡•ʔฅ
Oh and I speak 6 languages & can say hundred digits of pi.

Stroll at my profile to know more about me!
ShadowSayaka
Scratcher
100+ posts

Okay, manager dictator people.
What’s the task?
Complete essay detailing our mission, pronto!

I am the most awesome person in existence. I really love saying that, it just rolls off your tongue like the most natural thing. I write fantasy and stuff. Read my work and give me a follow at my profile!
WriterDerp
Scratcher
100+ posts

ShadowSayaka wrote:

Okay, manager dictator people.
What’s the task?
Complete essay detailing our mission, pronto!

We currently are playing with a couple ideas, but our main one at the moment is a SWOW Magazine/Newspaper that we could publish regularly to give information to our writers. I think we're currently leaning toward making a studio to hold all of the issues, which would all be projects shared on various accounts - to spread out the load, so no one person has to have a ton of SWOW-related projects on their profile. Feel free to ask clarifying questions, I'm very bad at explaining things, and summarizing (which I'm trying to do).

Another idea that we could use the committee's input on is a SWOW Funfair event. It's my understanding this had been done before, but while that idea is not very developed yet, we did start looking into possible events/attractions/“rides” and how the whole thing would work. (This was very briefly, if I'm remembering correctly. The conversation then moved on to other things.)

A third idea we've been tossing round is a NaNoWriMo/Whumptober/Writetober-esque idea. Something where, for a month, there is a new writing prompt every day. They are formatted in two to four words/phrases that are related by a theme. (Ex. running || escaping || peril ) We barely discussed this one, so it's mostly just a wisp of an idea, nothing substantial yet.

Again, feel free to ask any questions, as I suck at summarising and am doing this all from memory. If any other managers would like to add to what I said, I'm sure the committee members would appreciate it ^^'

On a slightly unrelated note, I'm looking forward to this collaboration! :3
-DesVision-
Scratcher
100+ posts

I am retiring from SWOW!

To see the entire signature, press ctrl + shift + down arrow
Hi I'm -DesVision-, but you can call me Erie! I love to read, write and sleep. I am in my school's book club and love when it is SWC season! MY favorite games are Minecraft and Stardew Valley. I also love to watch Marvel, too. I am aspiring author and hope to one day get published . . . somewhere. Check out my latest, and biggest, project! Go check out Sandy and Ani!
“A book is a gift you can open again and again” -Ani
For my Misconception photos, Touch Of Adventure did the image hosting.

WriterDerp
Scratcher
100+ posts

Last edited by WriterDerp (May 25, 2022 02:09:56)

PoppyWriter
Scratcher
500+ posts

-DesVision- wrote:

I am retiring from SWOW!

Gonna miss you Erie!

oh, darling
ShadowSayaka
Scratcher
100+ posts

ALRIGHT, MANAGERS! PULL YOUR SELVES TOGETHER AND DELEGATE TO THE COMMITTEE!!!
We have been waiting! This is our time to shine. Give us charge of the SWOW Magazine! Let us help with the Bazaar thing, once you’ve got a clear idea of what it actually is.. *ahem ahem* still waiting for this guys…
Yeah we really want charge of the SWOW Mag pls.

firestarwarriorcat1
Scratcher
100+ posts

This forum is going a bit dead. Not good

Nice to meet you; I'm Fizzy! I like reading, writing, drawing, petting my cat, reading, riding my bike, reading, watching funny fails, oh, and did I mention reading?
Latest obsession: Keeper of the Lost Cities
Hobbies: Curling up in my room and binge reading

“There's no reason to worry.” - Alden Vacker
“We could all use a little more weird in our lives.” - Fitz Vacker
“Fix me, Foster. You're my only hope.” - Keefe Sencen
“Sometimes things have to get worse before they get better.” - Keefe Sencen
“I could be your hero any day.” - Keefe Sencen
ShadowSayaka
Scratcher
100+ posts

firestarwarriorcat1 wrote:

This forum is going a bit dead. Not good
Have a little faith!!

JollofRice123
Scratcher
500+ posts

ShadowSayaka wrote:

ALRIGHT, MANAGERS! PULL YOUR SELVES TOGETHER AND DELEGATE TO THE COMMITTEE!!!
We have been waiting! This is our time to shine. Give us charge of the SWOW Magazine! Let us help with the Bazaar thing, once you’ve got a clear idea of what it actually is.. *ahem ahem* still waiting for this guys…
Yeah we really want charge of the SWOW Mag pls.
About that…*

JollofRice123 wrote:

(Potential) Committee Jobs:
• Book Recommendations — I suppose curators could offer suggestions for this as well. I'll leave it to the committee to sort out, though, once Poppy replies.

• Curator Excerpts — almost definitely going to have to be donations that are asked for the studio. The one alternative would be checking out some of the projects in the studio, then asking if we can use am excerpt for the magazine if you like it. Once again, though, I'll leave that to the committee OωO

JollofRice123 (responding to Poppy) wrote:

Nice! By the way, have you seen the potential committee jobs in this post? It would be great if you could share the information, if it hasn't been shared already, and get back to us on whether it's doable or not and if so, when you think you'll be able to get a start on it!

JollofRice123 wrote:

ShadowSayaka wrote:

JollofRice123 wrote:

(Potential) Committee Jobs:
• Book Recommendations — I suppose i, shadow, could do this… I saw some great books at QBD the other day: Beegirl, Box Fox S1, Shadow’s Marvellous Collection of Overblown Tales of Life, The Ode to Shadow (extended version — a Shafwo fanfci)
• Curator Excerpts — shadwo iz orsum

If you’re looking for a committee head who’ll check in every day and get the work done, you know where to look.
*pointed looks to self*

That's something you'd have to take up with Poppy, since she's the current head of the committee ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyway, since you're here, would you mind sharing this information with the rest of the committee, if it hasn't been shared already? Thanks in advance! ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

firestarwarriorcat1 wrote:

JollofRice123 wrote:

firecatwarriorcat1 wrote:

I'm so excited for this to be finished! I'm not sure how I can help, though. I think I might have a writing prompt or any of my writing that I think is worthy to be on here that I actually want on scratch. If there's some way I can help, let me know!
Ah, firstly, thank you so much for commenting! (◕‿◕)♡ I totally get the whole sharing writing thing OωO Since you're part of the committee — and the managers have been discussing this probability for a while, but I don't know if it's been mentioned on the committee forum yet — the other thing you could do is ask on a specific writing project that you like if the person would be willing to volunteer an excerpt of their piece. You could browse through the projects added to the (cont.) studio to do that. I hope that made sense- XD
Ok. I'll start on that as soon as I can
(This one was on the magazine demo project)

*Been trying for a while now lol. Anyway I'm guessing your forum isn't very active OωO It might be better to post this things on this forum, then, because a majority of managers and committee members follow it. Regardless, now that Shadow's posted on here, at least we know that this forum is and will be effective for collaborating on XD

Last edited by JollofRice123 (May 25, 2022 06:56:37)

JollofRice123
Scratcher
500+ posts

Also, the committee doesn't always have to wait to be assigned things; if you want, you can come up with your own ideas or events to run or implement into the studio. There's no rule against that ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

On the contrary, if you'd prefer to be assigned stuff, we have a bunch of sideline ideas that we could probably give to you to work with (◠ᴥ◕ʋ) I'll post what they are, if you'd rather go for that approach instead :)
PoppyWriter
Scratcher
500+ posts

Shadow– you are committee leader until late July. Have fun!

I'm on vacation for a while, so I'll be inactive. I am definately coming back, though!

Sorry I've been so inactive. I just finished my last test this year!

oh, darling
ShadowSayaka
Scratcher
100+ posts

PoppyWriter wrote:

Shadow– you are committee leader until late July. Have fun!
Don’t worry… I’ll have so much fun.
HUEHUEHEHEHAHAHA!

Ok I’m gonna start scouting for curator excerpts

Last edited by ShadowSayaka (May 25, 2022 23:26:45)