Make Links Open in a New Tab / Targeted links

yooit_32 wrote:

TheSmartGuy1234 wrote:

middle mouse button
what about using a touchpad
Then it wouldn't work.

This is a SIGNATURE. This is seperate from a normal post ^
Forum Posts: 2600+/3000
Highlight + Shift + Down Arrow = To see whole signature.

Want to friend me on Roblox? My username is BaconvsRoblox121314 if you want to friend me!

–v More Information v–
New Scratchers - Introduce yourself here!

Questions about Scratch - Ask questions related to scratch here!

Help with Scripts - get/provide help here!

Suggestions - Suggest blocks, features, and more here!

Bugs and Glitches - Report bugs/glitches here!

Last edited by Tunde123 (May 17th, 2022 10:18 AM EST)
MathPuppy314
Scratcher
500+ posts

Support bump:

I think that links should always be targeted and I don't think there even needs to be an option to turn it off. I don't see the reason why anyone would need to open a link from a forum post in the same tab. If someone is opening a link from a forum post, they'll probably want to reply to the post after viewing the link.

I don't care that there are “workarounds” like right-click > open_link_in_new_tab : It's so simple to implement target=“_blank” and I think it would just be nicer to use.

If only I were a kumquat…
7salad3salad
Scratcher
1000+ posts

By the way, i found a way to middle click on laptops (or atleast chrome books)
Just tap 3 fingers on the track pad.
This still would be more convenient than that though, as it is sort of tricky to get the hang of.

Forumer Post Count Bar Graph! (inspired by AIGamesDeveloper)
Project: Forummon by randomguy3513
hi, contrast
JUST BECAUSE THERES A WORKAROUND ISNT A GOOD REASON TO NOT SUPPORT!!!

dont call me 7salad
dont call me 7salsa lol
just simply “Salad” will do.

:]::#00289A// This is my pet Noobles! He protects my signature from [i]unwanted guests[/i]

B){

}::#800080//This is Noobles' big brother, Probles. He has returned and Noobles is happy to see him!
//oh, yeah, he is also cool so he wears sunglasses.

:P::cap sensing//This is their little brother, Doobles

old banner thnng
misaPuding
Scratcher
500+ posts

MathPuppy314 wrote:

(#62)
Support bump:

I think that links should always be targeted and I don't think there even needs to be an option to turn it off. I don't see the reason why anyone would need to open a link from a forum post in the same tab. If someone is opening a link from a forum post, they'll probably want to reply to the post after viewing the link.

I don't care that there are “workarounds” like right-click > open_link_in_new_tab : It's so simple to implement target=“_blank” and I think it would just be nicer to use.

For some people which sometimes have a lot of tabs open at the same time (like me), the option to open the link in the same tab could be useful

If you own a shop, think about joining the USS or SCA!

IMPORTANT: This siggy is getting interrupted because I lost my glasses. (Credit to @Chiroyce for the interruption´s BBCode)
Please set a status at Ocular by clicking the below image, to make @Jeffalo happy! #OcularStatusesTo5k
Interruption BBCode:
Please set a status at [url=https://ocular.jeffalo.net/?utm_campaign=Scratch%20signature%20link%20in%20<yourusername>%27s%20signature]Ocular[/url] by clicking the below image, to make [url=https://scratch.mit.edu/users/Jeffalo]@Jeffalo[/url] happy! #OcularStatusesTo2k :D
[url=https://ocular.jeffalo.net/?utm_campaign=Scratch%20signature%20banner%20in%20<yourusername>%27s%20signature][img]https://assets.scratch.mit.edu/get_image/.%2E/6c7975af8323a8ffbc74313ce7072f1e.png[/img][/url]
Kumquat slept in thy signature on Scratch. Kumquat openest thy place under your post
CST1229
Scratcher
1000+ posts

7salad3salad wrote:

(#63)
By the way, i found a way to middle click on laptops (or atleast chrome books)
Just tap 3 fingers on the track pad.
This still would be more convenient than that though, as it is sort of tricky to get the hang of.
You can also Ctrl+click.

This is a signature. It's a piece of text that appears below every post I write. Click here to learn more, including how to make your own.
RIP assets image hosting. 2013?-2023

ajskateboarder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support, it would be easy to add and it would make navigation more efficient (probably not for mobile though)