Discuss Scratch

PurpleGuy29861
Scratcher
9 posts

Writing C2A is the right thing?

many people are telling me not to use c2a my question and what does c2a do wrong?
DangerousDawn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing C2A is the right thing?

What is a C2A?


PurpleGuy29861
Scratcher
9 posts

Writing C2A is the right thing?

DawnRooney27 wrote:

What is a C2A?
Credit to all

Last edited by PurpleGuy29861 (Jan. 25, 2022 16:18:55)

Flowermanvista
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing C2A is the right thing?

If you credit somebody but don't say their name, then it's almost as bad as not crediting them at all - because, in either situation, how is a viewer supposed to know who made what?

The Scratch 3 Project Save Troubleshooter - find out why your project won't save

ST, Please Add A Warning When A Size Limit Is Exceeded

My Dumb Creations - THE BEST ANIMATION | The Windows 98 Experience (made on Windows 98) | nobody cares about Me… | the2000 Reveals Their New Profile Picture | Not Dumb Creations - Ten Years

Ctrl+Shift+Down for more…
Do evil kumquats keep eating your signature? Assert your dominance and eat the evil kumquats. Did you know that kumquats are only about the size of an olive?

Want to put a high-quality video in your project with better results than you can get from any GIF converter? Ask me on my profile and I can hook you up.
PurpleGuy29861
Scratcher
9 posts

Writing C2A is the right thing?

Flowermanvista wrote:

If you credit somebody but don't say their name, then it's almost as bad as not crediting them at all - because, in either situation, how is a viewer supposed to know who made what?
What?
7salad3salad
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing C2A is the right thing?

Just credit everyone with their username.



ARE YOU STILL SUPPORTINIG?
Think about it, is supporting / no supporting really necessary? No! People can tell whether you like a suggestion from your constructiveness afterwards, plus this will reduce 1 word comments with “support” AND newer forumers might get mad when you say no support!

Heres what the old comment block looked like:
({
(Hey, this is a comment! Its cool, right?::grey)
(Im a fan of it, its pretty awesome in my opinion.::grey)
(This is the best recreation i could do.::grey)
(I believe it was also collapsible!::grey)
}▲::grey ring







JUST BECAUSE THERES A WORKAROUND ISNT A GOOD REASON TO NOT SUPPORT!!!

dont call me 7salad
dont call me 7salsa lol
just simply “Salad” will do."

:]::#00289A// This is my pet Noobles! He also protects my signature from [i]unwanted  guests[/i] and he is not fascinated by war.

B){

}::#800080//This is Noobles' big brother, Probles. He has returned and Noobles is happy to see him! Probles will stay permanently.
//oh, yeah, he is also cool so he wears sunglasses.

:P::cap sensing//This is their little brother, Doobles
Flowermanvista
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing C2A is the right thing?

PurpleGuy29861 wrote:

Flowermanvista wrote:

If you credit somebody but don't say their name, then it's almost as bad as not crediting them at all - because, in either situation, how is a viewer supposed to know who made what?
What?
What part of my answer needs clarification?
(also, I realized it's basically impossible to ask that without it potentially sounding rude, so apologies in advance)

The Scratch 3 Project Save Troubleshooter - find out why your project won't save

ST, Please Add A Warning When A Size Limit Is Exceeded

My Dumb Creations - THE BEST ANIMATION | The Windows 98 Experience (made on Windows 98) | nobody cares about Me… | the2000 Reveals Their New Profile Picture | Not Dumb Creations - Ten Years

Ctrl+Shift+Down for more…
Do evil kumquats keep eating your signature? Assert your dominance and eat the evil kumquats. Did you know that kumquats are only about the size of an olive?

Want to put a high-quality video in your project with better results than you can get from any GIF converter? Ask me on my profile and I can hook you up.
awesome-llama
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing C2A is the right thing?

Try thinking of it this way…
Let's say you made something on Scratch and someone else took it to use it somewhere else. Would you want them to just say “credit to all”, or would you rather they credit you and actually say you are the person who created it?
Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing C2A is the right thing?

You're supposed to credit specific people. You'll find later in life/in other settings that it's often required to credit specific people so the people that you borrowed content from get the proper recognition they deserve. The same applies here on Scratch.

Quick answer, in case there's any confusion: C2A is not enough. Give names if you can.


7500+ posts (19th)
PurpleGuy29861
Scratcher
9 posts

Writing C2A is the right thing?

Austinato wrote:

You're supposed to credit specific people. You'll find later in life/in other settings that it's often required to credit specific people so the people that you borrowed content from get the proper recognition they deserve. The same applies here on Scratch.

Quick answer, in case there's any confusion: C2A is not enough. Give names if you can.
Yes, but I have put “C2A” in many projects it takes me time to give normal credits
PurpleGuy29861
Scratcher
9 posts

Writing C2A is the right thing?

when green flag clicked
say [Credit to @User]
-0Nebula0-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing C2A is the right thing?

No, you aren't allowed to put C2A.

It's not very hard to say
-0Nebula0- for the original project!
or
-0Nebula0- made the lineart!

PurpleGuy29861 wrote:

when green flag clicked
say [Credit to @User]
dont blockspam

hai
DorkyQueen98
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing C2A is the right thing?

I think you want to do is to give credit to one spefific person. Writing C2A technically does not give credit to the orginal person so you're technically not crediting them.



╔═══════════════════════════════════ ∘◦ ☆ ◦∘ ═══════════════════════════╗
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ -ˏˋ SATURN|ASTEROID ˊˎ
✧ SHE/HER ✧ AGE 10 ✧ CRAZY & RIDICOULOUS ✧ SUSHI ✧ STAR WARS ✧ HABIT OF FORGETTING ✧ JAPANESE ✧ ISTP-T -Personality of the day!
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
Generation 6: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.





Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing C2A is the right thing?

PurpleGuy29861 wrote:

Yes, but I have put “C2A” in many projects it takes me time to give normal credits
Well, if you want to do the right thing, then you should take that extra time to get everyone's names included.


7500+ posts (19th)
--Snowheart--
Scratcher
20 posts

Writing C2A is the right thing?

no it isnt allowed because u arent actually crediting ppl
PurpleGuy29861
Scratcher
9 posts

Writing C2A is the right thing?

--Snowheart-- wrote:

no it isnt allowed because u arent actually crediting ppl
Thx UwU
-0Nebula0-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing C2A is the right thing?

PurpleGuy29861 wrote:

--Snowheart-- wrote:

no it isnt allowed because u arent actually crediting ppl
Thx UwU
then actually credit me next time you “remix” one of my projects. thank you.

hai
Harakou
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

Writing C2A is the right thing?

-0Nebula0- wrote:

PurpleGuy29861 wrote:

--Snowheart-- wrote:

no it isnt allowed because u arent actually crediting ppl
Thx UwU
then actually credit me next time you “remix” one of my projects. thank you.
If someone is using your project/resources without credit, then report the project. Let's not stoop to starting feuds here.

PurpleGuy29861 wrote:

many people are telling me not to use c2a my question and what does c2a do wrong?
It's important to credit specifically the people whose resources you're using. Otherwise, no one can know who exactly you got them from. You said it's hard, but so is making those things in the first place! You should make that effort to credit them specifically as a thank you for all the effort they made to make the things you used in your project.

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile