Discuss Scratch

T0RRENT_
Scratcher
100+ posts

is scratch cat left or right handed?

wait… he isnt ANY handed, he has paws.

he doesnt have any opposable thumbs either…

Last edited by T0RRENT_ (Jan. 24, 2022 14:58:32)

My Website | Profile | GitHub | Click this link | I changed my logo for now I guess

My browser / operating system: ChromeOS 14388.61.0, Chrome 98.0.4758.107, No Flash version detected | crappy school chromebook

Perfect line separator to use in the Scratch Forums:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
johnelr
Scratcher
1000+ posts

To answer this question, we need to look at Scratch Cat's art.

This official artwork is ripped from this project.

Analysis
In the image in question, Scratch cat is said to be facing right due to the direction of his head. He is holding something with his right hand.

Ripped from this project

Analysis
In the image, there is a first person POV of Scratch Cat. He is holding the pen with his right hand. Right handed people usually write with their right hand.

Analysis
Scratch Cat again, holds a selfie stick with his right hand.

In conclusion, Scratch's official artwork shows that Scratch Cat is right handed.

TLDR; Scratch Cat is right handed.

Stamps
Click on a stamp and itll lead you somewhere!

Text Games
Murder Mystery

FUN FACT: It took me 13 years to properly open a milk carton
imfh
Scratcher
1000+ posts

johnelr wrote:

To answer this question, we need to look at Scratch Cat's art.

This official artwork is ripped from this project.

Analysis
In the image in question, Scratch cat is said to be facing right due to the direction of his head. He is holding something with his right hand.

-image-

Ripped from this project

Analysis
In the image, there is a first person POV of Scratch Cat. He is holding the pen with his right hand. Right handed people usually write with their right hand.

Analysis
Scratch Cat again, holds a selfie stick with his right hand.

In conclusion, Scratch's official artwork shows that Scratch Cat is right handed.

TLDR; Scratch Cat is right handed.

Actually, except for the pen, Scratch cat is holding the flag and the selfie stick with the left hand, not the right. The holding hand is on our right, but Scratch Cat's left.

These are all irrelevant though since people can hold things with their non-dominant hand. The Scratch Team hasn't specifically stated Scratch Cat is one or the other, so it's up to you to decide which hand you want Scratch Cat to use.

Scratch to Pygame converter: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/600562/
T0RRENT_
Scratcher
100+ posts

Where did you find these?

My Website | Profile | GitHub | Click this link | I changed my logo for now I guess

My browser / operating system: ChromeOS 14388.61.0, Chrome 98.0.4758.107, No Flash version detected | crappy school chromebook

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hi875230163394
Scratcher
500+ posts

because of the fact his left hand is in the front on his sprite, im willing to bet hes left handed, but you could really do either (or make an entire project exploring this mystery)

if one more person comments “shovel” on my profile…

“Alchemy Horizons: Battle For Baldur's Gate” is my favorite un- set

In the first age, in the first post, when the reports first submitted, one stood. Burned by the embers of Dupes, his soul blistered by the fires of Forums and tainted beyond ascension, he chose the path of perpetual torment. In his ravenous hatred, he found no peace, and with boiling blood he scoured the Suggestions seeking vengeance against the dupers who had wronged him. He wore the crown of the ST, and those that tasted the bite of his keyboard named him… the Forum Dweller.
T0RRENT_
Scratcher
100+ posts

johnelr wrote:

Analysis
https://assets.scratch.mit.edu/355d7e3b45734e467fef5542a652a3dd.png

It is final.

SCRATCH CAT IS RIGHT-HANDED.

Last edited by T0RRENT_ (Jan. 24, 2022 16:43:22)

Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

It's up to you.

Same goes for what gender Scratch Cat is, what the character does for a living, etc. It's a starting point for your own story!

7500+ posts (19th)
ScolderCreations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

someone posted for me

Last edited by ScolderCreations (Jan. 24, 2022 19:37:18)

FOR SHOVELRY!
sharkode
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nobody cares, and there's no answer as the cat is just a cartoon picture, just make him use his right hand as that's what almost everybody uses (also because his right hand overlaps the rest of the body so it's easier to see)

It seems like he is right-handed because he is holding a pen with his right hand in an official project

Last edited by sharkode (Jan. 24, 2022 20:32:48)

>>>This suggestion could end mass reporting.<<<
=======================================================================================
Common forum languages (highlight this text and click shift+down arrow for more):
  • Support - Means someone supports a suggestion, make sure to say the reason when you are supporting a suggestion.
  • No support - Means someone don't support a suggestion, while it may sound a little mean, it's actually not as not everybody have to support the suggestion you purposed.
  • Bump - Bumping is a method of bringing a topic back to the front page.
  • Necroposting - Means bringing an old, dead, topic that nobody cares about back to life, necroposting comes from the greek word “nekros” meaning “corpse”, necroposting is prohibited as it wastes front page space.
  • Ocular - A website that allows you to search forum posts.
  • Dupe/duplicate - Posts that suggests the same thing, it's a good idea to use Ocular.
  • ST - Is short for Scratch Team, the moderators on this site.
  • ToS - Is short for Terms of Use, a bunch of legal jargon and stuffs like that.
  • TOLoRS - Is short for The Official List of Rejected Suggestions, it's always a good idea to read it before making a suggestion.
  • Kaj - A user who threatened to hack Scratch, he later became a legend and people often joked about him hacking posts.
T0RRENT_
Scratcher
100+ posts

sharkode wrote:

Nobody cares, and there's no answer as the cat is just a cartoon picture, just make him use his right hand as that's what almost everybody uses (also because his right hand overlaps the rest of the body so it's easier to see)

It seems like he is right-handed because he is holding a pen with his right hand in an official project
Actually we do care, because we are still answering this post.

IsabellaMadri_gal
Scratcher
100+ posts

I think he’s ambidextrous.

Hi!I’m active on forums and mostly on Qas (questions about Scratch).I’m determined to get to 100+ posts.

Irl, I’m Chinesse,Swedish and Panamanian.Also I love encanto so that’s why I created this account.
DorkyQueen98
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I would assume right handed. He might be ambidextrous ( ability to use both hands). But we really can't be sure.

╔═══════════════════════════════════ ∘◦ ☆ ◦∘ ═══════════════════════════╗
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ -ˏˋ SATURN|ASTEROID ˊˎ
✧ SHE/HER ✧ AGE 10 ✧ CRAZY & RIDICOULOUS ✧ SUSHI ✧ STAR WARS ✧ HABIT OF FORGETTING ✧ JAPANESE ✧ ISTP-T -Personality of the day!
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
Generation 6: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.

Techno_Troll9
Scratcher
98 posts

Maybe right Maybe left

my money dont jiggle jiggle it folds
BananaMilkshake1029
Scratcher
19 posts

Austinato wrote:

It's up to you.

Same goes for what gender Scratch Cat is, what the character does for a living, etc. It's a starting point for your own story!
i like this answer, thanks Austinato!

hello.

check out some of my games and stuff.

;