Discuss Scratch

-Dafter-
Scratcher
77 posts

Kitten Platformer -- Looking for Devs, Artists, etc.

Hey everyone! Thanks for taking your time to view this thread.

Important: Please don't quote the OP! It can get confusing/annoying when quoting the message.

I'm currently planning on creating a very big platformer project. Within planning the game designs and starter scripts, I realized that, while it wasn't impossible, I would need people to help work with me on this project. Everything I planned on might take a while to create alone; so, I decided to visit the Collaboration forum and see if anyone was willing to help work with me on this project?

Available Shifts

We are inviting developers to help develop a big platformer game! With plenty of jobs, you're able to contribute with collaboration. Here are some of the slots open for anyone who has experience:

Programming/Development Shift
  • Player Codes: Create and improve the player movements and velocity. OPEN
  • Multiplayer Codes: Work on the multiplayer systems and scrolling platforrms. OPEN
  • Login & Account System: Work on the login/sign-up & account saving system OPEN

Artist Shift
  • New Cat Designs: Work on cute & cool cat designs. OPEN
  • Platform Levels: Make new & creative platformers. OPEN
  • Studio Thumbnail: Submit a creative thumbnail for our studio. OPEN

Debugger Shift
  • Find Bugs: Visit projects and catch bugs and errors that could be corrected. OPEN
  • Rescript Codes: Same thing, except you rescript the bugs/errors. OPEN

Composer Shift
  • Create SFX: Create simple sound effects that could be used in-game. This means you can use the Scratch's Library or any existing sound unless you make changes to it. OPEN
  • Compose Music: Again, do not use Scratch's Library or any existing sounds. You can compose the music on any sound editing software. OPEN

The maximum number of shifts you can work for is TWO.

KPDS Rules
Rule 1: If you're a developer of the studio, that means you aren't authorized to add projects that don't match our topic of the studio.
Rule 2: If you need to take a break, let me know how long and why. This is important because of Rule 3.
Rule 3: Be as active as possible when inside the studio. Every month, there will be a clean-up in the studio, meaning we'll remove any inactive developers.
Rule 4: DO NOT leave the studio if you weren't authorized to leave. Leaving the studio will completely cause you to be kicked out of the studio.
Rule 5: This development studio accepts anyone by gender, race, etc. We DO NOT tolerate any hate on anyone and you'll ultimately be kicked out of the group.
Rule 6: NO inappropriate/disturbed language or projects. This also includes making projects intended to mock someone's identity. You will be immediately banned from the studio and will be reported to the Scratch Team.

You'll receive warnings for a while, but if repeated, you'll receive a strike. Yes, we will lend a strike to anyone that misbehaves in the development team.

KPDS Team Data

If you're interested in becoming a staff member of the Kitten Platformer, you must hold your horses! You must fill out the following information:
  • Username: Place your linked username here.
  • Shift: Place the shift you'd like to choose.
  • Activity Level: On a scale of 1-10, how active are you?
  • Quote: A special message from you.

Why do we need this you ask? Our wonderful co-owner created a beautiful database project to keep track of the team. We need this information for us to put in the database, which also requires you to create your cat. If you're interested in creating one, we've set up a cat template for you here. Once you've finished your cat, send it to the co-owner. You can check out the KPDS database here.

Here's the development studio if you're interested in working on the project: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/30896579

If you're interested in working on a shift, just reply to the thread stating which shift you want to do, we are looking for professionals or people who have experience working on a shift.

Last edited by -Dafter- (Jan. 17, 2022 06:49:17)

xXcraftypandaXx
Scratcher
12 posts

I would like to some art I haven't had much experince with animal drawings so could I do either maps or thumbnail ( whatt ever you think is more important). Other than school I am active lots and I hope this project works out really well
-Dafter-
Scratcher
77 posts

xXcraftypandaXx wrote:

I would like to some art I haven't had much experince with animal drawings so could I do either maps or thumbnail ( whatt ever you think is more important). Other than school I am active lots and I hope this project works out really well

Thank you for contributing to this collaboration! If you were looking into helping with extra cat designs, there's no need to do any animal design. You can collect the cat template here and use it to create a cute cat design. Map designs could also be a good thing because it brings new ideas to the types of platformers the team could use for the game. The thumbnail is optional, not required; would really be grateful if someone made a new thumbnail for the studio

But all in all, it's mainly your option to choose which shift you'd like to be doing as an artist.

XretroperX
Scratcher
100+ posts

Looking for someone to compose music for the game? If so, I'm available.
I can also debug and whatnot

Last edited by XretroperX (Jan. 11, 2022 14:46:15)

Hey. This is a signature.
I'm semi-active ig

I don't know what to put here.
xXcraftypandaXx
Scratcher
12 posts

-Dafter- wrote:

xXcraftypandaXx wrote:

Thank you for contributing to this collaboration! If you were looking into helping with extra cat designs, there's no need to do any animal design. You can collect the cat template here and use it to create a cute cat design. Map designs could also be a good thing because it brings new ideas to the types of platformers the team could use for the game. The thumbnail is optional, not required; would really be grateful if someone made a new thumbnail for the studio

But all in all, it's mainly your option to choose which shift you'd like to be doing as an artist.
Ok cool I think I will give the kitten designs ago
xXcraftypandaXx
Scratcher
12 posts

xXcraftypandaXx wrote:

-Dafter- wrote:

xXcraftypandaXx wrote:

I've done five do I need to do anymore
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/626779883/
-Dafter-
Scratcher
77 posts

XretroperX wrote:

Thank you for contributing to this collaboration! I didn't think anyone would choose the composing shift.

Anyways, before you likely ask: yes, you are able to compose music using any sound editing software you own. The theme of the sound could be something with the same vibe as Itty Bitty 8 Bit, but something that isn't too similar to the song. You can also work on the sound effects for the game, here are some noises we need:
  • Jumping SFX
  • Death SFX
  • Dialogue SFX (a short sound)
These are just a few effects we need; I'll keep all the Composers updated if there are any new noises we need.

You can also work on the debugging shift. For every testing game the developers release inside the studio, you can let them know if there's anything that could be fixed. If you know the solution to the bug and want to reprogram the game yourself, feel free to do so. When doing this, remix the project and fix the bug. Give a brief description of what has been fixed or updated.

-Dafter-
Scratcher
77 posts

xXcraftypandaXx wrote:

xXcraftypandaXx wrote:

-Dafter- wrote:

xXcraftypandaXx wrote:

I've done five do I need to do anymore
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/626779883/

Great job with the cat designs, I like what you did with the template! I forgot to invite you to the KPDS studio, so I sent you an invite. From there, you can add your project to the studio.

Also, to answer your question, you can do as many as you'd like to. We're trying to see what people can do with the template. If you want to work for the maps or thumbnail, it's completely your option.

Last edited by -Dafter- (Jan. 11, 2022 23:30:49)

MrTHINKMORE
Scratcher
39 posts

Hy i would love the debugger/artist position for this and yes i accept the terms and rules of the SDS and thx for your help
-Dafter-
Scratcher
77 posts

MrTHINKMORE wrote:

Hy i would love the debugger/artist position for this and yes i accept the terms and rules of the SDS and thx for your help

Thank you for contributing to this collaboration! Here's a little background information about your shifts:

Debugger: For every test project added inside the studio, you can let them know if there's anything that could be fixed. If you know the solution to the bug and want to reprogram the game yourself, feel free to do so. When doing this, remix the project and fix the bug. Make sure to give a brief description of what has been fixed or updated.

Artist: If you're looking forward to helping with the extra cat designs, you can collect the cat template here and use it to create a cute cat design. Map designs could also be a good thing because it brings new ideas to the types of platformers the team could use for the game.

Make sure to add your cat template to the KPDS studio for us to use in our game.

Last edited by -Dafter- (Jan. 12, 2022 02:28:26)

-Dafter-
Scratcher
77 posts

Once you guys submit anything we need for the game, you'll be invited to the Development studio.

Last edited by -Dafter- (Jan. 12, 2022 05:33:45)

TheSpecialAlt
Scratcher
13 posts

bump

So, you're calling me stupid? Is that right?
And what exactly have you accomplished in your life that makes you Einstein?

- - - -

Oh, and I'm just an alt, not like I'm special or anything lol
…and don't tell me that I'll get IP banned, I know that.
XretroperX
Scratcher
100+ posts

-Dafter- wrote:

XretroperX wrote:

Thank you for contributing to this collaboration! I didn't think anyone would choose the composing shift.

Anyways, before you likely ask: yes, you are able to compose music using any sound editing software you own. The theme of the sound could be something with the same vibe as Itty Bitty 8 Bit, but something that isn't too similar to the song. You can also work on the sound effects for the game, here are some noises we need:
  • Jumping SFX
  • Death SFX
  • Dialogue SFX (a short sound)
These are just a few effects we need; I'll keep all the Composers updated if there are any new noises we need.

You can also work on the debugging shift. For every testing game the developers release inside the studio, you can let them know if there's anything that could be fixed. If you know the solution to the bug and want to reprogram the game yourself, feel free to do so. When doing this, remix the project and fix the bug. Give a brief description of what has been fixed or updated.

Alright, I'll get on it.

Hey. This is a signature.
I'm semi-active ig

I don't know what to put here.
TheSpecialAlt
Scratcher
13 posts

-Dafter- wrote:

Once you guys submit anything we need for the game, you'll be invited to the Development studio.

I'm developing the team information project as you told me to. Maybe you should add this to the OP:

KPDS Team Data

- - - -

-Dafter-
Scratcher
77 posts

TheSpecialAlt wrote:

-Dafter- wrote:

I'm developing the team information project as you told me to. Maybe you should add this to the OP:

KPDS Team Data

Good idea, looks like you already posted the project. I'll add this to the OP

-Dafter-
Scratcher
77 posts

bump

-Dafter-
Scratcher
77 posts

I'm currently working on the log-in system for the game, I'll add it to the studio once it's complete.

Gamer_Guy11
Scratcher
9 posts

What's up? Just wanted to see if I can work for the composer shift, I have some experience creating sound effects for some of my games. I honestly think that this game can be created with just a bit of work put into it

Here's my info:
  • Username: Gamer_Guy11
  • Shift: Composer Shift
  • Activity Level: 6
  • Quote: Sounds are just a combo of waves and vibrations.
Gamer_Guy11
Scratcher
9 posts

bump
TheSpecialAlt
Scratcher
13 posts

Gamer_Guy11 wrote:

What's up? Just wanted to see if I can work for the composer shift, I have some experience creating sound effects for some of my games. I honestly think that this game can be created with just a bit of work put into it

Here's my info:
  • Username: Gamer_Guy11
  • Shift: Composer Shift
  • Activity Level: 6
  • Quote: Sounds are just a combo of waves and vibrations.

Hello! Thanks for lending the information, I'll put this into the database as soon as you create your personal cat.

- - - -