Discuss Scratch

Yeetoburro1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

A way to filter messages! (300+ supporters)

JPOWERPUFFGIRLS wrote:

Yeetoburro1 wrote:

JPOWERPUFFGIRLS wrote:

fdreerf wrote:

-Aardvaark- wrote:

It clutters up my messagebox and is frankly just very annoying to have.
It is one single message around every 24 hours - how is it annoying?
Oh it IS, ESPECIALLY WHEN you are in OVER 200 STUDIOS
why are you in 200 studios
Because I am in them and have interest in most of them, some people are in over 1000, so you can't judge me
you could just follow

JPOWERPUFFGIRLS
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Yeetoburro1 wrote:

JPOWERPUFFGIRLS wrote:

Yeetoburro1 wrote:

JPOWERPUFFGIRLS wrote:

fdreerf wrote:

-Aardvaark- wrote:

Because I am in them and have interest in most of them, some people are in over 1000, so you can't judge me
you could just follow
Then I would be following too many and take forever to scroll to the ones that I need

Yeetoburro1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JPOWERPUFFGIRLS wrote:

Yeetoburro1 wrote:

JPOWERPUFFGIRLS wrote:

Yeetoburro1 wrote:

JPOWERPUFFGIRLS wrote:

fdreerf wrote:

-Aardvaark- wrote:

you could just follow
Then I would be following too many and take forever to scroll to the ones that I need
but its the same with curating…

JPOWERPUFFGIRLS
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Yeetoburro1 wrote:

JPOWERPUFFGIRLS wrote:

Yeetoburro1 wrote:

JPOWERPUFFGIRLS wrote:

Yeetoburro1 wrote:

JPOWERPUFFGIRLS wrote:

fdreerf wrote:

-Aardvaark- wrote:

you could just follow
but its the same with curating…
I can divide it between curating and following

JPOWERPUFFGIRLS
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

TapingAnimations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support, it would be very useful for me, its very annoying getting Studio Activities and Studio Invites, this would be mine:

(√) someone loves my project
(√) someone favorites my project
(√) someone posts a comment on my project
(√) someone posts a comment on my profile
(√) someone remixes my project
(√) someone invites me to curate a studio
( ) there is new activity in a studio I curate/follow
(√) there is a new post on a discussion I follow (forum)
(√) someone follows me

Although I HATE Studio invites I would still keep them on for important studio invites.

Male | 10 Yrs Old | Catholic | Animator | Roleplayer | Marvel, FNaF, Undertale, Portal, Minecraft, Among Us Fan
IndianRuby718
Scratcher
100+ posts

stickfiregames wrote:

I want to get a message when someone:

(√) adds my project to a studio
↑ I need this as well.
agreed.

I think this should be the updated list:
☑ someone loves my project
☑ someone favorites my project
☑ someone posts a comment on my project
☑ someone posts a comment on my profile
☑ someone remixes my project
☑ someone invites me to curate a studio
☑ there is new activity in a studio I curate
☑ there is new activity in a studio I follow
☑ adds my project to a studio
☑ there is a new post on a discussion I follow (forum)
☑ someone follows me
etc.

I wouldn't use the filtering as of now, mainly because I think everything is important and you can filter the messages with the drop-down on the right anyway, and also because as I do pretty much nothing I don't get many messages right now. But the new additions of “activity in studios I follow” and “adds my project to a studio”, and the message search, would be so useful for me.

I also have an idea so that you can search by date, if you don't remember or know exactly what you're looking for but you know around when it was, so you can put “January 2020” and all the messages from that time will show up.

And I think you should update the original post so that the ST implements all the ideas from one place. But otherwise I support. (you don't need to give credit or anything) (but they're inactive anyway so =P)

Last edited by IndianRuby718 (Sept. 15, 2020 17:29:25)

So… I didn't update my signature for over a year XP But… I left the forums, and I'm not coming back anytime soon
(and I'm not updating my signature)

Both stickied Suggestions Directories currently have 138 replies.
Only fdreerf can break the equilibrium.

Za-chary wrote:

I get more frustrated with people telling me about “mass reporting” than I do about “mass reporting” itself.
source
good luck digging up the original reply in the comments
ctrl+f exists

https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/6961734/

Bug with the color effect I would really like to see fixed

EEEEEEE   DDDDDD    IIIIIIII  TTTTTTTT           NNN    NN     OOOOO
EE DD DD II TT :: NNNN NN OO OO
EEEEEEE DD DD II TT NN NN NN OO OO
EE DD DD II TT :: NN NN NN OO OO
EE DD DD II TT NN NNNN OO OO
EEEEEEE DDDDDD IIIIIIII TT NN NNN OOOOO
Hand-done.

< :: extension>
< :: custom-arg>
< :: motion>

Don't click this link…
BautistaConTodo
Scratcher
100+ posts

I know i supported this a long time ago but. Support! it will reduce the 90% of messages that i receive daily!

Test your skills with Break the Targets! ////////////// Wanna create some music?
sealifefriend
Scratcher
500+ posts

support!!!!!!! luv the idea!!

idk what to say here
lemon-guitar
Scratcher
10 posts

Duplicate but I definitely support. You also explained it in a different way than what I've seen.

Hello! You can call me Snail! My pronouns are She/They and please respect that. I am an artist, singer, songwriter, musician, author, and nerd. I enjoy surfing, skateboarding, kayaking, camping, hiking, and biking. I recently published my webcomic, Ember Grove, on Tapas.io so if you would like to, please check it out. I mainly create projects that include art, original songs, song covers, and random fun I like to do as well. Thank you for reading this and have a lovely day!!
AHypnoman
Scratcher
1000+ posts

lemon-guitar wrote:

Duplicate but I definitely support. You also explained it in a different way than what I've seen.
What is the duplicate? Could you provide a link?

Last edited by AHypnoman (Sept. 22, 2020 11:33:12)

~ AHypnoman (Use Shift+Down Arrow to see the rest of my signature)

I am an evil kumquat, and your siggy looks tasty…
Hello there, I'm AHypnoman, If you write my name remember to capitalize the “H”. “When you don't create things, you become defined by your tastes rather than ability. your tastes only narrow & exclude people. so create.” I write though as tho.
According to the Chrome Console, my viewbox attribute is “Garbage”. Very nice, Chrome.
#TrendyHashtag
Gib internneeet

Play Retorquebit!

JPOWERPUFFGIRLS
Scratcher
1000+ posts

IndianRuby718 wrote:

stickfiregames wrote:

I want to get a message when someone:

(√) adds my project to a studio
↑ I need this as well.
agreed.
triple agreed

IndianRuby718 wrote:

☑ there is new activity in a studio I follow

Hmm, I actually disagree, you follow a studio, when it's one you weren't invited to, or you didn't want to curate because of messages, adding that would make you equal to a curator, apart from adding projects though, but in studios where everyone can, you are pretty much a curator if the ST add that feature

JPOWERPUFFGIRLS
Scratcher
1000+ posts

lemon-guitar wrote:

I know the one you are talking about, but this one is actually older if you check both OPs

lemon-guitar
Scratcher
10 posts

AHypnoman wrote:

lemon-guitar wrote:

I can't provide a link because I am about to start school but I can explain what a duplicate is. A duplicate is an idea or forum topic that has already been created. So there are other topics on the forums home that discuss the same thing.

Hello! You can call me Snail! My pronouns are She/They and please respect that. I am an artist, singer, songwriter, musician, author, and nerd. I enjoy surfing, skateboarding, kayaking, camping, hiking, and biking. I recently published my webcomic, Ember Grove, on Tapas.io so if you would like to, please check it out. I mainly create projects that include art, original songs, song covers, and random fun I like to do as well. Thank you for reading this and have a lovely day!!
mtech22
Scratcher
1000+ posts

lemon-guitar wrote:

AHypnoman wrote:

lemon-guitar wrote:

I can't provide a link because I am about to start school but I can explain what a duplicate is. A duplicate is an idea or forum topic that has already been created. So there are other topics on the forums home that discuss the same thing.
I think they know what a duplicate is- but I think this is the oldest topic talking about this feature. Also, it's not that constructive to say “duplicate” and not provide a link.

aII toasters toast toast, but what happens when there are no longer toasters being produced? will their technology simply become obsolete, with humans moving onto bigger, better things? will toast become a distant memory, written in textbooks of the future as foods us simpler generations ate? who's to say! society is constantly moving, changing, evolving, ideas being built upon, improved upon, theories being proven or disproven. are we but a blip on the timeline? sure, our names may not be remembered, but that's not the point. you can make a change. you can make a difference. you can make the world better, even if you don't know yet. and the first step is to go for it. even if you are afraid of failure. going back to the example of toasters, do you know off the top of your head who invented them? no? have you used one? probably. so, even if you don't remember my name, if I was able to help awnser your question, that is enough. if I was able to help you, even in the slightest way, this could push you to continue with scratch and not give up after the program crashes, and maybe one day learn other programming languages and change the world. everything is a cause and effect reaction, new inventions lead to the technology of the future, and even as the generations of the past are slowly forgotten, their influence lives on to this day, affecting how the world eventually turned out and how it will be for generations to come.

and, without toasters, we wouldn't have toast.
lemon-guitar
Scratcher
10 posts

mtech22 wrote:

lemon-guitar wrote:

AHypnoman wrote:

lemon-guitar wrote:

I think they know what a duplicate is- but I think this is the oldest topic talking about this feature. Also, it's not that constructive to say “duplicate” and not provide a link.
Okay good to know! Sorry, I probably shouldn't be the one too talk either because I am very new to forums and still trying to figure my way around it and stuff.

AHypnoman
Scratcher
1000+ posts

lemon-guitar wrote:

mtech22 wrote:

lemon-guitar wrote:

AHypnoman wrote:

lemon-guitar wrote:

Okay good to know! Sorry, I probably shouldn't be the one too talk either because I am very new to forums and still trying to figure my way around it and stuff.
Ok. Because people have said that is is a dupe before, and they are all newer topics. (BTW, I know what a duplicate is, and I worded my post badly, sorry).

Last edited by AHypnoman (Sept. 22, 2020 13:02:49)

~ AHypnoman (Use Shift+Down Arrow to see the rest of my signature)

I am an evil kumquat, and your siggy looks tasty…
Hello there, I'm AHypnoman, If you write my name remember to capitalize the “H”. “When you don't create things, you become defined by your tastes rather than ability. your tastes only narrow & exclude people. so create.” I write though as tho.
According to the Chrome Console, my viewbox attribute is “Garbage”. Very nice, Chrome.
#TrendyHashtag
Gib internneeet

Play Retorquebit!

lovecodeabc
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Basically like 2.0. I Support

Highlight + Ctrl + Shift + down to see full sig

Check out my thingymagings!
Click on them to go to them

Google
© 2019 - 2023 lovecodeabc. All Rights Reserved under Title 17 of the United States Code, and especialy under Section 101-513. Unauthorized Use Prohibited, except under 17 USC § 107, Fair Use. cease and desist letters go brrrrrrr
Uh oh, did the kumquats come again?

Click here!!!OR ELSE I WILL EAT YOUR COOKIESSSSSSSSSSSSSS AND ALSO MAYBE YOUR MOM, WHO KNOWS??

;
Speedy68531
Scratcher
100+ posts

I support!

This is how I'd personally set it up:
(√ ) someone loves my project
(√ ) someone favorites my project
(√ ) someone remixes my project
(√ ) someone invites me to curate a studio
(√) someone follows me
I don't like studio activity- we all have the ability to go to our profile for that- and it spams our message inbox.

Last edited by Speedy68531 (Sept. 22, 2020 19:00:52)

i like things and i talk about the things i like a little too much
p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Speedy68531 wrote:

I support!

This is how I'd personally set it up:
(√ ) someone loves my project
(√ ) someone favorites my project
(√ ) someone remixes my project
(√ ) someone invites me to curate a studio
(√) someone follows me
I don't like studio activity- we all have the ability to go to our profile for that- and it spams our message inbox.
Same

New!