Discuss Scratch

OhOkSir12345
Scratcher
500+ posts

bruh

someone said that “sussy baka” is a bad word which it isnt because it isnt meant to offend anyone.

i do know what Baka means though but im still confused

there a thing called a joke

Last edited by OhOkSir12345 (Nov. 29, 2021 15:39:02)

Signature
cheddargirl
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

bruh

OhOkSir12345 wrote:

i do know what Baka means though but im sitll confused
Try to imagine it like this - if “baka” was read translated from Romanized Japanese into English, it would certainly be disrespectful to call someone a “suspicious idiot” or “suspiciously stupid”. Some meme-y stuff just don't come across well into a community with young kids.

Sadly, my forum signature was eaten by an evil kumquat.
supergamer10000
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bruh

Don't say that as it is disrespectful since it means “suspicious idiot”.

If you don't already know me my username is supergamer10000. In my spare time, I enjoy gaming and programming. I work on a wide range of projects, such as animations, games, and even operating systems!

If you are frustrated your script doesn't work read this →→→ “A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” — George Bernhard Shaw

Join my studio and visit my site. Also, don't forget to play my game.
starhero5697
Scratcher
500+ posts

bruh

Baka means idiot, and that word seems disrespectful.

This is a signature (also known as a siggy or sig). It appears underneath all of my posts. To get a signature, head to the discussion forum’s home page, scroll down and click on ‘Change my signature’. You are allowed to advertise in your signature. Also, select this text and press CTRL+Shift+down arrow to see my full signature.

ad: q&a

Hi, call me Star. I am active on Suggestions and QaS, but I am occasionally on BaG, Show and Tell, Requests and the ATs. Sorry if I’m too serious on the forums.

Helpful Links: Ocular | Postpercent | ScratchInfo | Magnifier | ScratchStats | Scratch Wiki
A little more about me:
  • He/Him
  • Singaporean
  • Very occasionally animates
  • 400+ posts
  • On the top 2000 posters
sharkode
Scratcher
500+ posts

bruh

Problem is the word idiot is not blacklisted, the reason is probably because there isn't really bad words in Japanese, with the worst insulting being the word “Idiot”, so that's like saying **** you in English which is extremely offensive

Players wanted (Bedrock & Java), click the banner to learn more

You can share this message by putting the following code into your signature (scratch.mit.edu/discuss/settings/YourUsernameHere/)
[url=https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/572785][img]https://u.cubeupload.com/sharkode/EmpiresOfScratchSeas.gif[/img][/url]
dave-alt-4
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bruh

baka and sussy baka isnt blacklisted by themselves
WilliamJamesStudios
Scratcher
9 posts

bruh

Baka means fool