Discuss Scratch

JY280808
Scratcher
41 posts

Potential Easter egg in Scratch

While editing my 3D engine, I noticed part of a circle hiding under one of my variables on the stage. I hid the variable and found a sad face in the top left of the stage. Has anyone else seen this? The sad face disappears after refreshing the page.

Last edited by JY280808 (Nov. 27, 2021 13:39:10)

I made a parser for a comment!
awesome-llama
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Probably something failed to load or function properly and refreshing fixed it.

Here's one of them, for example:

ScolderCreations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This is meant to represent a sprite that did not load correctly, as it may have been corrupted, it simply failed to load, or something else may have occurred.

Stag_
Scratcher
100+ posts

If the project was from an older version, it could have corrupted, or the sprite was the image that you saw. Honestly, there aren't really any easter eggs.
JY280808
Scratcher
41 posts

The sad face was not there when I loaded the project. I had it open for a few hours and never created any new sprites. But still, 1600 Scratch blocks can probably cause problems.

Stag_
Scratcher
100+ posts

JY280808 wrote:

1600 Scratch blocks
Yeah that's probably why. Scratch isn't that great honestly in terms of handling the influx of users…
-CloudGate-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JY280808 wrote:

While editing my 3D engine, I noticed part of a circle hiding under one of my variables on the stage. I hid the variable and found a sad face in the top left of the stage. Has anyone else seen this? The sad face disappears after refreshing the page.
THIS HAPPEND TO ME TOO. Ok, I do admit was a very complex and large svg and png being uploaded together, so it must have crashed.

box of Asian citrus psyllids and please give me an internet here

JY280808
Scratcher
41 posts

-CloudGate- wrote:

JY280808 wrote:

THIS HAPPEND TO ME TOO. Ok, I do admit was a very complex and large svg and png being uploaded together, so it must have crashed.
The funny thing is that both my sprites were blank 0x0 vector graphics for a size hack to do with pen 3D.