Discuss Scratch

What_do_we_do_now
Scratcher
500+ posts

TileOS™️: A New, Interactive Operating System, Made in Scratch! OLD THREAD (new inside)

Also, check out the main post in a moment, as I will update it.
King of the page!

Thanks, @WhatDoWeDoNow

Why not join TileOS? Here's a link if you want to join: Your friendly neighborhood link
HaloB2021
Scratcher
100+ posts

TileOS™️: A New, Interactive Operating System, Made in Scratch! OLD THREAD (new inside)

What_do_we_do_now wrote:

RobloxianMinecraft wrote:

What_do_we_do_now wrote:

Me scrolling through @HaloB2021's remix:

Me: bangs head on keyboard.
the picture is broken
If you go into his remix and go to the “app. music” sprite and scroll down, there is a point where there is 37 if's inside each other.

…… I will try to fix it but you know it’s hard! Also app.music has a lot of problems.
HaloB2021
Scratcher
100+ posts

Last edited by HaloB2021 (Dec. 7, 2021 01:26:56)

HaloB2021
Scratcher
100+ posts

What_do_we_do_now wrote:

I am back!

wait a sec
why does the code use this
if <app = 3> then 
broadcast [app.3 v]
else
if <app = 4> then
broadcast [app.4 v]
else
end
end
instead of broadcasting a
broadcast (join [app.] (app))
So I now have to go through and recode all of the scripts.

HaloB2021 wrote:

oxiti8 wrote:

HaloB2021 wrote:

RobloxianMinecraft and I found out a problem, is that after the signing in the whole screen (contains coding screen and costume screen). I think the only thing that can make scratch laggy is a large number of clones and run without screen refresh blocks that are not completed. But we don’t have run without screen refresh blocks that are not completed, so a large number of clones? It might have some connections between the last problem we have found. (the problem that will create 224 clones) It's a big problem! We have to find the causes!
I can take a look at this if you want. Is the problem lag?
Yes, and a problem What_do_we_do_now have found before is when you close the settings app (currently done by pressing space), it must be sending 16 duplicates of the “full startup” message, causing there to be 224 clones of the “Apps” sprite, yet he and I can't find the problem. Thank you, whether you find the problem or not.
I have looked everywhere to fix that problem and just can't find it, and the lag when you start the project is caused by a “run without screen refresh” custom block, used to try to fix that problem.

Speaking of problems, here is another one: when you turn on dark mode and close out of the settings, the title still is bright, so it must be having trouble sensing the “dark mode” var.
@oxiti8: The bugfix is fine, but when you close the settings, the background stays as the settings background. Also, WAVE-8 will be added sometime within the next week, as I have school.
Sorry for the long post, but I want to address everything.
@HaloB2021: Any problems, besides annoying bugs?

No, but I think we will have later
venom2destan
Scratcher
2 posts

1. Username venom2destan
2. Why do you want to help? I always wanted to make a OS after watching OSwars a competition i was abaut to make one myself bu then i saw this thanks to Halo2021 and decided i want to join.
3. Are you familiar with the forums? yep
4. What can you add to TileOS? a cool intro, the time ,games, maybe app store? and anything else there is to add maybe password?
5. What job do you want? coder, ideas, some sfx CODER
ill be importing apps from my ocean os and also make it compatible with tileos
What_do_we_do_now
Scratcher
500+ posts

venom2destan wrote:

1. Username venom2destan
2. Why do you want to help? I always wanted to make a OS after watching OSwars a competition i was abaut to make one myself bu then i saw this thanks to Halo2021 and decided i want to join.
4. What can you add to TileOS? a cool intro, the time ,games, maybe app store? and anything else there is to add maybe password?
Accepted! A clock already has been implemented as well as an app store. What kinds of games?

Thanks, @WhatDoWeDoNow

Why not join TileOS? Here's a link if you want to join: Your friendly neighborhood link
TileOS
Scratcher
3 posts

I (What) will make the s2py login now that I have learned it.
RobloxianMinecraft
Scratcher
1000+ posts

venom2destan wrote:

1. Username venom2destan
oceanos isn't yours

i make bad jokes

TileOS wrote:

ooh official account has posted!
yes i make too many bad jokes

Last edited by RobloxianMinecraft (Dec. 7, 2021 02:21:43)

VIRUS THINGY, PUT IT AT THE TOP OF YOUR SIGNATURE <– i didnt start this ok?

Check out the Sodium Shop! its closed now lol
Also check out Cornmoji! Click here! also closed

(ツ) // one unicode character kumquat guard

I would indeed consider my forum signature to be quite small and/or short for the average Scratch forumer with over one thousand posts.
What_do_we_do_now
Scratcher
500+ posts

TileOS wrote:

ooh official account has posted!
Yes, because I was on the account at that time. It's owned by me, you know.

Thanks, @WhatDoWeDoNow

What_do_we_do_now
Scratcher
500+ posts

Ok, call me competitive, but I am also in AspectOS and I noticed earlier that TileOS was closer to the top than AspectOS was, however, this happened:

Grr…

In other news,

1. Username robloxianminecraft
2. Why do you want to help? bored
4. What can you add to TileOS? notepad desktop terminal idk
5. What job do you want? coder, ideas, some sfx
is conflicting with:

venom2destan wrote:

1. Username venom2destan
RobloxianMinecraft said it first.

Also, I tried making the S2PY login system but the project wouldn't save after that.

It has been a while so:
UPDATE

There are several new updates for TileOS. The apps now have to go on two layers, as we have run out of space otherwise. We currently have 7* helpers working hard.
Other news
Someone please help me with the S2PY connection
Other Scratcher's Messages

None for now!

Thanks, @WhatDoWeDoNow

HaloB2021
Scratcher
100+ posts

What_do_we_do_now wrote:

Ok, call me competitive, but I am also in AspectOS and I noticed earlier that TileOS was closer to the top than AspectOS was, however, this happened:

Grr…

In other news,

is conflicting with:

venom2destan wrote:

1. Username venom2destan

Also, I tried making the S2PY login system but the project wouldn't save after that.

It has been a while so:
UPDATE

There are several new updates for TileOS. The apps now have to go on two layers, as we have run out of space otherwise. We currently have 7* helpers working hard.
Other news
Someone please help me with the S2PY connection

None for now!

Oh My God!!! How is it possible!! Amazing!!!
What_do_we_do_now
Scratcher
500+ posts

I just realized this is the 112th post here. I just read an article about how to keep collabs popular and successful. I found it quite interesting.

Thanks, @WhatDoWeDoNow

RobloxianMinecraft
Scratcher
1000+ posts

What_do_we_do_now wrote:

snip

In other news,

is conflicting with:

venom2destan wrote:

1. Username venom2destan
he probably copied my form and pasted it and forgot to delete some stuff

by the way, ill work on the actual terminal/command prompt now (will call it BluePrompt)
i suck at making text engines

Last edited by RobloxianMinecraft (Dec. 7, 2021 03:53:30)

I would indeed consider my forum signature to be quite small and/or short for the average Scratch forumer with over one thousand posts.
What_do_we_do_now
Scratcher
500+ posts

2 things:

2. I need a volume icon

Thanks, @WhatDoWeDoNow

What_do_we_do_now
Scratcher
500+ posts

UPDATE

Other news
Someone please help me with the S2PY connection (sorted out now!)

None for now!

Thanks, @WhatDoWeDoNow

RobloxianMinecraft
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BluePrompt (command prompt/terminal of tileos) is testing here https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/612656251/

it took me an hour to make the base of the text engine work properly

What_do_we_do_now
Scratcher
500+ posts

BluePrompt (command prompt/terminal of tileos) is testing here https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/612656251/

it took me an hour to make the base of the text engine work properly
I saw it as I am following you so I get updates about shared projects, but cool!

Thanks, @WhatDoWeDoNow

RobloxianMinecraft
Scratcher
1000+ posts

umm, so i put blueprompt into tileos https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/612676409/ but when i open the blueprompt app it instantly disappears, is the background forever stamping?

What_do_we_do_now
Scratcher
500+ posts

I'm not sure, ask HaloB2021.

Thanks, @WhatDoWeDoNow

What_do_we_do_now
Scratcher
500+ posts

I just remembered! The title has the shadow which is done by stamping the sprite and then erasing it! In the “Title” sprite, add this:
when I receive [app.blueprompt v]
stop [other scripts in sprite v]
hide
clear

Thanks, @WhatDoWeDoNow