1000+ posts

Mac

b1048546 wrote:

(#1200)

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

b1048546 wrote:

(#1198)

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

So my hardware is just a generation away from being supported? Well that's sad, I still can't get passed the original error though. Plus, most things it says to disable aren't even features of this device.
Well it is supported, but yes with the iGPU. Pretty much everything after that generation has full support besides 11th/12th gen (you'd need an AMD GPU for that). You should use this if you want to get it to work at all: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/prerequisites.html
Read the guide, nothing I haven't done. To be fair though, I am using one of those ‘All the drivers, should just work, expect it to’ hackintosh distributions. But I had previously installed perfectly fine on my PC. So, it's probably best to think about the differences between the two devices. The PC has an i5-2400, 12 GB of ram, a Sata SSD. The laptop has a 2nd gen celeron, 4GB of RAM, and a Sata HDD i think. What's gone wrong here?
Don't use any hackintosh distributions.
I'll try making a ISO myself later. But what the distro does really weird, is that it says ‘2 minutes left’ then installs super fast. Gets to 3/4 installed then shows the error. Would this at least bring some extra details?

b1048546
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mac

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

I'll try making a ISO myself later. But what the distro does really weird, is that it says ‘2 minutes left’ then installs super fast. Gets to 3/4 installed then shows the error. Would this at least bring some extra details?
Distros typically aren't open source and aren't safe to use.
MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mac

b1048546 wrote:

(#1202)

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

I'm looking at the instructions for creating the ISO alone, and its not very streamlined. This project is going to take 3 and a half more weeks than anticipated.

b1048546
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mac

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

b1048546 wrote:

(#1202)

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

I'm looking at the instructions for creating the ISO alone, and its not very streamlined. This project is going to take 3 and a half more weeks than anticipated.
You can probably find pre-existing EFIs for your device but no graphics accel so you might as well use the Dortania guide.
MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mac

b1048546 wrote:

(#1204)

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

b1048546 wrote:

(#1202)

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

You can probably find pre-existing EFIs for your device but no graphics accel so you might as well use the Dortania guide.
I'm currently on the recovery downloading part. The recovery image is ~700mb - 2gb correct?

b1048546
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mac

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

b1048546 wrote:

(#1204)

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

b1048546 wrote:

(#1202)

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

I'm currently on the recovery downloading part. The recovery image is ~700mb - 2gb correct?
I think so.
MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mac

b1048546 wrote:

(#1206)

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

b1048546 wrote:

(#1204)

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

b1048546 wrote:

(#1202)

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

I think so.
Just so I'm not here all day, Can I get an easier to read list of files that I actually need for my device.
I mean kexts
Plus I'm generally confused. Here's what I downloaded so far:
- WhateverGreen
- Lilu
- VirtualSMC

b1048546
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mac

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

Just so I'm not here all day, Can I get an easier to read list of files that I actually need for my device.
I mean kexts
- WhateverGreen
- Lilu
- VirtualSMC
Yeah the guide is a little confusing the first time. Basically just get the kexts you want for your device and laptop. In the guide they're grouped (ethernet, wifi, GPU, laptop, trackpad, etc). Download them and put them on the hard drive. Those kexts are required.
MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mac

b1048546 wrote:

(#1208)

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

I mean kexts
- WhateverGreen
- Lilu
- VirtualSMC
Yeah the guide is a little confusing the first time. Basically just get the kexts you want for your device and laptop. In the guide they're grouped (ethernet, wifi, GPU, laptop, trackpad, etc). Download them and put them on the hard drive. Those kexts are required.
The device in use has an Athernos (if thats how you spell it) Wifi adapter, I don't see a kext for that.

Also when trying to build Sandy and Ivy Bridge Power Management I get an error for missing source files.

Last edited by MagicCrayon9342 (June 8, 2022 17:22:26)

medians
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mac

god286 wrote:

b1048546 wrote:

This is a Mac thread.
I thought that this thread is apple thread
Stage Manager is Windows Vista
So many apps for iphone webcam already
How many games do you actually play that use game center?
Freeform google already invented?!?!
Settings is mimic Windows 11
Thank you for noticing Stage Manager literally copying from Windows Vista/7.

NEW: Medians bamboozled by 3.0 (version 3.0): https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/979822351/
hi875230163394: You're similar to valve in that you both hate a certain number…
Scratch 0.x, 1.x, 2.x, 3.x and LogoBlocks Archives
Bamboozlement: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/33739789
Fun_Cupcake_i81: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/850535211/
Years on internet: 15 (soon 16)
medians: Oh god not this utc - 12 thing again..
Fun_Cupcake_i81: What, were you expecting not to see the utc - 12 thing again? THE UTC - 12 THIGN ALWAYS RETURNS. ALWAYS.
medians: I knew it would happen. I was the one who started it last year.
Fun_Cupcake_i81: Well then if you didn't want it back maybe you need to time travel to last year and fix that

Oh wait if you could time travel I think we all know exactly when you would go-
user1: That picture is from 2.0. Now he’s at my house and is my pet.
user2: But this is medians we're talking about, so “from 2.0” can mean the same thing as “from five seconds ago”.

Detect Scratch version here
My other accounts: @selfexplanatory @modesties @chaircard @fireflyhero @dividendyield @colloids @radians @skeuamorphism @dihectogon @anglebisector @aau- @EditBlockColors @AdamantOrb @MoongeistBeam @festively @Ampharos_ @ straightforwardness
i trolled redcat LOL

if you see this
{what method did you use::control hat
answer on profile ::motion
} ::operators
;
gdpr5b78aa4361827f5c2a08d700
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mac

i once managed to get mac os big sur running in vmware. it is very tricky and took a very long time and needs exactly the right setup to work. if you want hardware graphics then you will need to get a supported graphics card, a list of which can be found throughout this website.
MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mac

potatophant wrote:

(#1211)
i once managed to get mac os big sur running in vmware. it is very tricky and took a very long time and needs exactly the right setup to work. if you want hardware graphics then you will need to get a supported graphics card, a list of which can be found throughout this website.
I can't just go out and buy a graphics card no matter how much I wish I could. I thought Intel Integrated Graphics would work, it does but second gen doesn't.

LandonHarter
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mac

dhuls wrote:

Devices supported by iOS/iPadOS 15 no longer supported by iOS/iPadOS 16
  • iPad Air 2
I use an iPad Air 2.

Last edited by LandonHarter (June 8, 2022 20:14:23)

LandonHarter
I prefer to be called Landon. Don't use my full username too much.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Male|14 y/o|English, Illageralt, Emerelian|Mineral Fish, Rain World|American|ISTP-A / ISTP-D|Neutral Sociality|#9d0|Chaotic Neutral

“A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.”

MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mac

LandonHarter wrote:

(#1213)

dhuls wrote:

Devices supported by iOS/iPadOS 15 no longer supported by iOS/iPadOS 16
  • iPad Air 2
I use an iPad Air 2.
Your software updates are gone now! Your device will last just a few more years before being entirely obselete (til you can no longer install apps/ apps no longer function). Enjoy the software you have, wait the longest you can, then get a new device.

TheGlassPenguin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mac

the older versions of mac os x were the high point of the mac's existence

kccuber
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mac

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

potatophant wrote:

(#1211)
I can't just go out and buy a graphics card no matter how much I wish I could. I thought Intel Integrated Graphics would work, it does but second gen doesn't.
Huh? I'm guessing this means desktop Sandy Bridge, as mobile Sandy Bridge does have full working iGPU.

Made using Nord Theme & Inkscape
b1048546
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mac

kccuber wrote:

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

potatophant wrote:

(#1211)
Huh? I'm guessing this means desktop Sandy Bridge, as mobile Sandy Bridge does have full working iGPU.
Intel HD 2000 has no support.
MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mac

b1048546 wrote:

(#1217)

kccuber wrote:

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

potatophant wrote:

(#1211)
Intel HD 2000 has no support.
Yep, as well. This is a mobile second gen chip.

gdpr5b78aa4361827f5c2a08d700
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mac

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

potatophant wrote:

(#1211)
if you only need to use mac os for occaisional mac-specific things (like compiling things with xcode), then you don't need a gpu. (unless you are doing something very gpu related that only works on a gpu)

Last edited by gdpr5b78aa4361827f5c2a08d700 (June 9, 2022 18:08:45)

MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mac

potatophant wrote:

(#1219)

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

potatophant wrote:

(#1211)
if you only need to use mac os for occaisional mac-specific things (like compiling things with xcode), then you don't need a gpu. (unless you are doing something very gpu related that only works on a gpu)
I wanted to install MacOS on the laptop just to have MacOS on a laptop. It's cool, the process however. Is not, as of now I only have a bare booting system without any noticible OS.