Discuss Scratch

-ElectronicArts-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Linux, Software and Support

i might try cutefish os
ui loooks very promising

MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Linux, Software and Support

-ElectronicArts- wrote:

i might try cutefish os
ui loooks very promising
its a… fork of a fork
are you sure?

its based on debian so you will have VERY old apps. you might want to try the ubuntu version of CutefishOS

i think its https://cutefish-ubuntu.github.io

signature
-ElectronicArts-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Linux, Software and Support

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

-ElectronicArts- wrote:

i might try cutefish os
ui loooks very promising
its a… fork of a fork
are you sure?

its based on debian so you will have VERY old apps. you might want to try the ubuntu version of CutefishOS

i think its https://cutefish-ubuntu.github.io
ok
anyway whats the latest version of libre office

MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Linux, Software and Support


btw im totally running MacOS

signature
ScolderCreations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Linux, Software and Support

Not all software has a better alternative, and many good pieces of software only work on very specific operating systems. As such, you can't expect people to just use alternatives, or emulators. They won't be perfect. Especially games, many of those don't have Linux support, and when you try to run them with Linux, the gameplay is terrible.
MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Linux, Software and Support

AHH THAT HAD MY WIFI NAME IN IT
totally macos

Last edited by MagicCrayon9342 (Jan. 1, 2022 21:27:47)


signature
MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Linux, Software and Support


totally using MacOS

that'll prove it.

Last edited by MagicCrayon9342 (Jan. 1, 2022 21:34:27)


signature
ScolderCreations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Linux, Software and Support

All right, you don't need to make multiple posts to show off screenshots. Just edit one, and add new screenshots to it.
MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Linux, Software and Support

ScolderCreations wrote:

All right, you don't need to make multiple posts to show off screenshots. Just edit one, and add new screenshots to it.
look at my menu bar screenshot? that proves it right?

signature
ScolderCreations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Linux, Software and Support

The menu bar screenshot gives it away, just like all the other screenshots, because on Mac, the app icon isn't shown in the menu bar, instead, the Apple logo is. Despite the fact that I rarely use Mac, it doesn't take much effort to realize that you're using Linux, considering the fact that you basically despise any other operating system. And yes, I know that Linux on its own it's not what you use, you use a flavor of it, with a ton of other stuff added, I'll still say that Linux is your OS.

Last edited by ScolderCreations (Jan. 1, 2022 21:38:16)

MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Linux, Software and Support

ScolderCreations wrote:

The menu bar screenshot gives it away, just like all the other screenshots, because on Mac, the app icon isn't shown in the menu bar, instead, the Apple logo is.
I know but it's the best I can get. It's really darn close.

signature
--Velocity--
Scratcher
100+ posts

Linux, Software and Support

kccuber wrote:

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

-ElectronicArts- wrote:

i ended up installing linux on vm
Step 5. Replace Windows
i cant believe im going to have to bring this up again, but paint.net, one of my favorite photo editing softwares (I prefer Inkscape, which thankfully is cross platform, for designing stuff that's not pixel art) is only on Windows, and doesn't work very nicely with Wine (Only v3.5.11, which is SERIOUSLY outdated, works, and still crashes when you try typing text)

Soooo I can't exactly switch to Linux without it. Unless… I make an image editor using HTML Canvas and Electron. Open source too, and since it's electron it runs on every OS.
Photopea is a great alternative.

Hey. I use arch btw. I also use a Fedora Silverblue system too!


MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Linux, Software and Support

Maui desktop environment for Linux looks SO MUCH like MacOS.

signature
kccuber
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Linux, Software and Support

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

ScolderCreations wrote:

The menu bar screenshot gives it away, just like all the other screenshots, because on Mac, the app icon isn't shown in the menu bar, instead, the Apple logo is.
I know but it's the best I can get. It's really darn close.
that WhiteSur theme looks more like mac than what you are currently using


Made using Nord Theme & Inkscape
MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Linux, Software and Support

kccuber wrote:

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

ScolderCreations wrote:

The menu bar screenshot gives it away, just like all the other screenshots, because on Mac, the app icon isn't shown in the menu bar, instead, the Apple logo is.
I know but it's the best I can get. It's really darn close.
that WhiteSur theme looks more like mac than what you are currently using
I know, but I want (and need) that menubar man. I've been searching for such thing for Linux that's not KDE for a while (KDE based but not KDE itself)

signature
kccuber
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Linux, Software and Support

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

kccuber wrote:

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

ScolderCreations wrote:

The menu bar screenshot gives it away, just like all the other screenshots, because on Mac, the app icon isn't shown in the menu bar, instead, the Apple logo is.
I know but it's the best I can get. It's really darn close.
that WhiteSur theme looks more like mac than what you are currently using
I know, but I want (and need) that menubar man. I've been searching for such thing for Linux that's not KDE for a while (KDE based but not KDE itself)
the whitesur theme is a GTK theme, not a KDE theme


Made using Nord Theme & Inkscape
MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Linux, Software and Support

kccuber wrote:

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

kccuber wrote:

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

ScolderCreations wrote:

The menu bar screenshot gives it away, just like all the other screenshots, because on Mac, the app icon isn't shown in the menu bar, instead, the Apple logo is.
I know but it's the best I can get. It's really darn close.
that WhiteSur theme looks more like mac than what you are currently using
I know, but I want (and need) that menubar man. I've been searching for such thing for Linux that's not KDE for a while (KDE based but not KDE itself)
the whitesur theme is a GTK theme, not a KDE theme
I know, I'm not using a theme. I'm using the Cutefish desktop.

signature
Chiroyce
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Linux, Software and Support

just realised that theres a paid version of gimp on the Micro$oft store - im crying rn

official site - https://www.gimp.org/downloads/
m$ store - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/gimp-image-editor-pro/9n17cr1nhff7








April Fools' topics:
New Buildings in Scratch's headquarters
Give every Scratcher an M1 MacBook Air
Scratch should let users edit other Scratchers' projects
Make a statue for Jeffalo
Scratch Tech Tips™
Make a Chiroyce statue emoji


<img src=“x” onerror=“alert('XSS vulnerability discovered')”>

this is a test sentence
LegoManiac04
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Linux, Software and Support

Chiroyce wrote:

just realised that theres a paid version of gimp on the Micro$oft store - im crying rn

official site - https://www.gimp.org/downloads/
m$ store - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/gimp-image-editor-pro/9n17cr1nhff7

It's not even by GIMP either, like, wh-

dhuls
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Linux, Software and Support

Chiroyce wrote:

(#538)
just realised that theres a paid version of gimp on the Micro$oft store - im crying rn

official site - https://www.gimp.org/downloads/
m$ store - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/gimp-image-editor-pro/9n17cr1nhff7

Fortunately reviewers are calling them out.
Also there's more of them

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile