Discuss Scratch

Fruitninja889
Scratcher
2 posts

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Which Requests go where?

cheddargirl wrote:

So, we're getting some confusion about the purpose of the “Requests” thread, and finding a lot of threads being misplaced here. Scimonster made a huge helpful list about which requests go where, so I'm reposting it (with a few edits so it fits the current 2.0 forums). Hopefully this topic will clear up which requests goes where. :)

  • Help with Scripts — Requesting help with your scripts
  • Show and Tell — Requesting views and/or feedback on a project and/or studio (formerly called a “gallery”)
  • Project Ideas — Requesting ideas and/or feedback on ideas for projects
  • Collaboration — Requesting members for your collaboration, and other things with collaborations (although advanced collaborations go in Advanced Topics)
  • Requests — Requesting media like a signature, music, or art; creating a request shop for those items

  • Bugs and Glitches — Requesting bug fixes found in the Scratch Software or Scratch website
  • Questions About Scratch — Requesting help with certain features of Scratch
  • Suggestions — Requesting new features for the Scratch 2.0 software or website
  • Advanced Topics — Requesting help with advanced features using Scratch or Scratch modifications
  • Connecting to the Physical World — Requesting help with PicoBoards, Lego WeDo, and other interfaces connecting Scratch to the physical world

  • Things I’m Making and Creating — Requesting feedback/discussion on things you made outside of Scratch (NOTE: stuff made in Scratch e.g, projects, belong in Show And Tell)
  • Things I’m Reading and Playing — Requesting discussion on media like books, movies, music, games, etc.

  • Scratch in other Languages — Requesting help with Scratch in languages other than English (use a specific one if your language is there)
  • Translating Scratch — Requesting parts of the Scratch Program and/or Website be localized to your language.

There are other requests that don’t go in specific forums. For these, the report button or “Contact Us” link (found at the bottom of the Scratch webpage) should be used.
  • Requesting a topic to be moved — If you see a topic in the wrong forum, please report it to be moved.
  • Requesting your topics to be closed — When a topic is closed, other people cannot post in it. I occasionally request for others’ topics to be closed when they do not know how to report, but only after they’ve posted that they want it closed.
  • Requesting your topics to be opened — Sometimes, after a topic got closed, you will want it open again. Simply report it with your reason for reopening.
  • Requesting a signature to be reviewed by a mod — If you see a signature that you feel needs to be checked out by a mod (example: bad signature image, inappropriate link, etc.), use the report link.

  • Requesting an admin to review a project, studio, comment, or profile page description — Don't use the forums for those things at all! Use the appropriate flag/report links to report those things to the Scratch Team (it's faster that way and helps to keep other Scratchers from viewing potential inappropriate content).
  • Requesting an admin to about an alert/notification — If you have a question about an alert/notification you received, use the “Contact Us” link at the bottom of the Scratch webpage to get in contact with a Scratch Team member.
my project-quiz- isnt working whenever i it is incorrect it gives 1 point when correct gives 2.also it isn't switching backgrounds.
Neilbose12345678910
Scratcher
100+ posts

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Which Requests go where?

request a song manager and also background editerfor only the user who edited there backgroud
XCat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Which Requests go where?

Very helpful! I've seen a lot of new Scratchers posting things in the wrong spot. Thanks @cheddargirl for this topic!

XCat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Which Requests go where?

Fruitninja889 wrote:

cheddargirl wrote:

So, we're getting some confusion about the purpose of the “Requests” thread, and finding a lot of threads being misplaced here. Scimonster made a huge helpful list about which requests go where, so I'm reposting it (with a few edits so it fits the current 2.0 forums). Hopefully this topic will clear up which requests goes where. :)

  • Help with Scripts — Requesting help with your scripts
  • Show and Tell — Requesting views and/or feedback on a project and/or studio (formerly called a “gallery”)
  • Project Ideas — Requesting ideas and/or feedback on ideas for projects
  • Collaboration — Requesting members for your collaboration, and other things with collaborations (although advanced collaborations go in Advanced Topics)
  • Requests — Requesting media like a signature, music, or art; creating a request shop for those items

  • Bugs and Glitches — Requesting bug fixes found in the Scratch Software or Scratch website
  • Questions About Scratch — Requesting help with certain features of Scratch
  • Suggestions — Requesting new features for the Scratch 2.0 software or website
  • Advanced Topics — Requesting help with advanced features using Scratch or Scratch modifications
  • Connecting to the Physical World — Requesting help with PicoBoards, Lego WeDo, and other interfaces connecting Scratch to the physical world

  • Things I’m Making and Creating — Requesting feedback/discussion on things you made outside of Scratch (NOTE: stuff made in Scratch e.g, projects, belong in Show And Tell)
  • Things I’m Reading and Playing — Requesting discussion on media like books, movies, music, games, etc.

  • Scratch in other Languages — Requesting help with Scratch in languages other than English (use a specific one if your language is there)
  • Translating Scratch — Requesting parts of the Scratch Program and/or Website be localized to your language.

There are other requests that don’t go in specific forums. For these, the report button or “Contact Us” link (found at the bottom of the Scratch webpage) should be used.
  • Requesting a topic to be moved — If you see a topic in the wrong forum, please report it to be moved.
  • Requesting your topics to be closed — When a topic is closed, other people cannot post in it. I occasionally request for others’ topics to be closed when they do not know how to report, but only after they’ve posted that they want it closed.
  • Requesting your topics to be opened — Sometimes, after a topic got closed, you will want it open again. Simply report it with your reason for reopening.
  • Requesting a signature to be reviewed by a mod — If you see a signature that you feel needs to be checked out by a mod (example: bad signature image, inappropriate link, etc.), use the report link.

  • Requesting an admin to review a project, studio, comment, or profile page description — Don't use the forums for those things at all! Use the appropriate flag/report links to report those things to the Scratch Team (it's faster that way and helps to keep other Scratchers from viewing potential inappropriate content).
  • Requesting an admin to about an alert/notification — If you have a question about an alert/notification you received, use the “Contact Us” link at the bottom of the Scratch webpage to get in contact with a Scratch Team member.
my project-quiz- isnt working whenever i it is incorrect it gives 1 point when correct gives 2.also it isn't switching backgrounds.
Go to Help with Scripts for that one. This is the wrong topic to ask for help with scripts.

Pixar2000
Scratcher
100+ posts

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Which Requests go where?

What is an evil kumquat?

Para::grey
de::motion
x::variables
This signature is currently being protected by SiggyBot.
(: ::custom-arg) )::custom ring
What I like:
BATTLE FOR B.F.D.I. - BW - MINECRAFT - Scratch - Hanazuki: Full of Treasures - Inanimate Insanity
makethebrainhappy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Which Requests go where?

mihirp
Scratcher
71 posts

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Which Requests go where?

hi wrote:

I don't know scratch as well as other people. Help me.

Jubilucy
Scratcher
12 posts

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Which Requests go where?

Hi, I posted on here before seeing this hoping I would get to make some logos on scratch. Is my post in the right place? Where do I put it?
Post: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/272569/
Thanks!
cheddargirl
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Which Requests go where?

Jubilucy wrote:

Hi, I posted on here before seeing this hoping I would get to make some logos on scratch. Is my post in the right place? Where do I put it?
Post: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/272569/
Thanks!
I think it's fine where it is right now.

Sadly, my forum signature was eaten by an evil kumquat.
sti_scratch
Scratcher
500+ posts

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Which Requests go where?

cheddargirl wrote:

mylittleponylover wrote:

So I want to offer my services to the Hole scratch community but not a lot of people know about me so how can people request my services and how can I request theirs?
What do mean by “services”?
He/she meant services as what he/she offers, she/he should look as this thread (the right-at-the-top post).



Handling forum correspondence for DrawlingMayor.
panda1i
Scratcher
2 posts

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Which Requests go where?

hi im new to discussion form
vikram858
Scratcher
4 posts

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Which Requests go where?

nice
HoresHWS
Scratcher
100+ posts

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Which Requests go where?

Hi!
I want to ask for Scratchers' help in running a studio (answering comments, adding projects, ect.). Should I put that here?
Thanks!

fphiladelphia
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Which Requests go where?

HoresHWS wrote:

Hi!
I want to ask for Scratchers' help in running a studio (answering comments, adding projects, ect.). Should I put that here?
Thanks!
No, probably either make it in collaboration or comment on there profile


_Vexento_
Scratcher
10 posts

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Which Requests go where?

cheddargirl wrote:

So, we're getting some confusion about the purpose of the “Requests” thread, and finding a lot of threads being misplaced here. Scimonster made a huge helpful list about which requests go where, so I'm reposting it (with a few edits so it fits the current 2.0 forums). Hopefully this topic will clear up which requests goes where. :)

  • Help with Scripts — Requesting help with your scripts
  • Show and Tell — Requesting views and/or feedback on a project and/or studio (formerly called a “gallery”)
  • Project Ideas — Requesting ideas and/or feedback on ideas for projects
  • Collaboration — Requesting members for your collaboration, and other things with collaborations (although advanced collaborations go in Advanced Topics)
  • Requests — Requesting media like a signature, music, or art; creating a request shop for those items

  • Bugs and Glitches — Requesting bug fixes found in the Scratch Software or Scratch website
  • Questions About Scratch — Requesting help with certain features of Scratch
  • Suggestions — Requesting new features for the Scratch 2.0 software or website
  • Advanced Topics — Requesting help with advanced features using Scratch or Scratch modifications
  • Connecting to the Physical World — Requesting help with PicoBoards, Lego WeDo, and other interfaces connecting Scratch to the physical world

  • Things I’m Making and Creating — Requesting feedback/discussion on things you made outside of Scratch (NOTE: stuff made in Scratch e.g, projects, belong in Show And Tell)
  • Things I’m Reading and Playing — Requesting discussion on media like books, movies, music, games, etc.

  • Scratch in other Languages — Requesting help with Scratch in languages other than English (use a specific one if your language is there)
  • Translating Scratch — Requesting parts of the Scratch Program and/or Website be localized to your language.

There are other requests that don’t go in specific forums. For these, the report button or “Contact Us” link (found at the bottom of the Scratch webpage) should be used.
  • Requesting a topic to be moved — If you see a topic in the wrong forum, please report it to be moved.
  • Requesting your topics to be closed — When a topic is closed, other people cannot post in it. I occasionally request for others’ topics to be closed when they do not know how to report, but only after they’ve posted that they want it closed.
  • Requesting your topics to be opened — Sometimes, after a topic got closed, you will want it open again. Simply report it with your reason for reopening.
  • Requesting a signature to be reviewed by a mod — If you see a signature that you feel needs to be checked out by a mod (example: bad signature image, inappropriate link, etc.), use the report link.

  • Requesting an admin to review a project, studio, comment, or profile page description — Don't use the forums for those things at all! Use the appropriate flag/report links to report those things to the Scratch Team (it's faster that way and helps to keep other Scratchers from viewing potential inappropriate content).
  • Requesting an admin to about an alert/notification — If you have a question about an alert/notification you received, use the “Contact Us” link at the bottom of the Scratch webpage to get in contact with a Scratch Team member.

I'm glad I read this!

Hello, my name is _Vexento_, I don't have anything to put here, but I will soon!

when green flag clicked
forever
add [good ideas are] to [creative]
end
Scratch---Cat
Scratcher
500+ posts

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Which Requests go where?

Where can I ask for Scripts for Seasons?

Download Scratch 2.0 More advert is required
______________________________________________________________

If you want to subscribe to this forum topic, please click the
{} Follow Discussion :: ring sensing
button below this forum post! Thanks!

Scratch---Cat
Scratcher
500+ posts

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Which Requests go where?

Did I post this in the right forum?

Download Scratch 2.0 More advert is required
______________________________________________________________

If you want to subscribe to this forum topic, please click the
{} Follow Discussion :: ring sensing
button below this forum post! Thanks!

tigp14
Scratcher
100+ posts

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Which Requests go where?

are you allowed to ask for like lets say you made a O.S and you go here can you ask for projects that they made that they would like to be in the O.S as a app/game? Tigp14
Scratch---Cat
Scratcher
500+ posts

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Which Requests go where?

Where can I post to collect a C++ joke?

Download Scratch 2.0 More advert is required
______________________________________________________________

If you want to subscribe to this forum topic, please click the
{} Follow Discussion :: ring sensing
button below this forum post! Thanks!

NYCDOT
Scratcher
100+ posts

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Which Requests go where?

panda1i wrote:

hi im new to discussion form
You can say that in the New Scratchers Forum


Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile