Discuss Scratch

helloyowuzzup
Scratcher
100+ posts

Heheh.... I know I should know this...

Hey there Scratch
So I feel like an idiot asking this, and I've probably asked this before, but… how does the ‘top loved’ bar work? I know that a project that had 230599368236 loves five years ago wouldn't show up (just an example, you get my point ) but as a curator, I've been hoping that these unnoticed projects I've been curating will get top-loved. I checked the top-loved bar just now and projects with around 60 loves showed up. One of the projects I'm curating achieved 90 love-its today. Help?

~Wuzzup
Go play a tuba.
RIP; semicolon ;n;

Kumquats are evil. I actual have backstory of my own with them which I would tell you if it weren't -ow- biting me!

I, Evil Kumquat of kumquatiness, have hereby taken over this signature. Beware, or I may take yours with me!
KingOfAwesome58219
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I believe that the ST changed the way Top Loves work in that a project that is curated cannot be in the top loved section, as it is already on the front page. Once the project is done being curated then it is eligible to be in the Top Loved/Top Remixed section.

Last edited by KingOfAwesome58219 (Oct. 1, 2014 00:46:11)

Dreamo
Scratcher
500+ posts

KingOfAwesome58219 wrote:

I believe that the ST changed the way Top Loves work in that a project that is curated cannot be in the top loved section, as it is already on the front page. Once the project is done being curated then it is eligible to be in the Top Loved/Top Remixed section.
Aside from that, the “What the Community is Loving” bar shows projects that have been recently shared (within the week, give or take) that have achieved a large amount of loves. The bottom limit for a project getting top loved is 80 loves. The order that they are arranged in depends on (I think, I'm not sure) how recently it's been shared and how many loves it has. For example, a project shared last week with 200 might have be behind a project shared today with 150 loves.

Hope I helped, please correct me if I'm mistaken about anything I said.

helloyowuzzup
Scratcher
100+ posts

Dreamo wrote:

KingOfAwesome58219 wrote:

Aside from that, the “What the Community is Loving” bar shows projects that have been recently shared (within the week, give or take) that have achieved a large amount of loves. The bottom limit for a project getting top loved is 80 loves. The order that they are arranged in depends on (I think, I'm not sure) how recently it's been shared and how many loves it has. For example, a project shared last week with 200 might have be behind a project shared today with 150 loves.

Hope I helped, please correct me if I'm mistaken about anything I said.
Thanks, both of you But one thing- one of the projects in the top loved was shared in August, and many of them had 60-70 loves so I'm not sure if the exact numbers are correct with what you said- I get the concept, though, so thank you both
The reason I was confused is that I have been told to have backups in case a project gets top-loved, so I thought that it could show up under top-loved. :3

~Wuzzup
Go play a tuba.
RIP; semicolon ;n;

Kumquats are evil. I actual have backstory of my own with them which I would tell you if it weren't -ow- biting me!

I, Evil Kumquat of kumquatiness, have hereby taken over this signature. Beware, or I may take yours with me!
Blueinkproductions
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I think that you get a selection of the most recent projects with a lot of loves. To see what I mean, reload the front page a few times.

Generation 2: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
____                  _____  _______              
| \ | | | | | |\ | | /
|___/ | | | |__ | | \ | |/
| \ | | | | | | \ | |\
| | | | | | | | \ | | \
|___/ L____ \___/ |_____ ___|___ | \| | \
PRODUCTIONS

Here's a hint: support = support.

<shameless self promotion>follow me! follow me! follow me! love my stuff! love my stuff! love my stuff! follow me! love my stuff! remix my stuff! follow me! follow me! </shameless self promotion>