Discuss Scratch

quixotic-personage
Scratcher
100+ posts

SWC Horror Cabin November 2021 Leader Planning

oh cool. i actually thought it would be easier to have a forum for our campers specifically (thought it would be tidier), but i'm cool with using this too!

Polarbear_17
Scratcher
500+ posts

Ooooo that’s a good idea — if you want, you could make the forum and we’ll link that instead (or we could link both since Kat’s post has a lot of important info)

quixotic-personage
Scratcher
100+ posts

Polarbear_17 wrote:

Ooooo that’s a good idea — if you want, you could make the forum and we’ll link that instead (or we could link both since Kat’s post has a lot of important info)
ooh okay! should i make it today or on like, the first day of camp? i need help with what i should write though lol sorry also, any updates with the to-do list? if it might be too much, is there anything i could help with?
i think it'll be best to link both.

Polarbear_17
Scratcher
500+ posts

For the forum, we could just have a brief thing saying this is where horror campers can post their writing, and then insert a link to Kat’s post in the forum post so they can read the rules written there and have another place they can post writing other than our horror writing forum

To-do list — announcements post, horror guide, rewrite suggestions/polls, Kel matching pfp, matching pfp project (can finish matching pfp stuff by November 3rd? 4th?)

I will try my best to start the horror guide today, it’s just a lot of writing (the coding for it is pretty simple, and the design doesn’t really have to be too important — I’ll also link a forum post version in the project desc once I finish) and yesterday I played badminton for two hours and my arm is very dead ahahaha

The suggestion/poll rewrites aren’t too important rn since I can just make those up as I go, I already have the schedule down so making them into complete sentences isn’t too important now

You can help with the announcement post though ^^ we need the announcement post for the day we get our campers to include 1. Greetings to campers 2. Link to horror guide that is nonexistent for now 3. Link to the main cabin and briefly explain main cabin 4. Horror cabin and briefly explain 5. Camp starts November 1st, you can begin writing during your timezone, words written before November don’t count, etc. 6. Prioritize school, sleep, mental health, etc. over SWC 7. Look at in-cabin activities’s activity and suggest writing prompts 8. Pre-camp poll and suggestion 9. Campers don’t post in announcements forum 10. Campers should follow announcements forum for daily updates 11. Any questions, either ask in horror cabin, main cabin, or leader profile 12. Concluding statements (have fun writing, hope you have fun during SWC, etc.)

List above isn’t in any particular order so if you want to help write it you can order it in any way you like (well, make it logical though don’t put concluding statements in the beginning and introduction at the end lol)

quixotic-personage
Scratcher
100+ posts

Polarbear_17 wrote:

snip
oh cool! i'll post a message with the contents of the posts by tomorrow or so.

Polarbear_17
Scratcher
500+ posts

I'm done with about 75% of the camper guide – I will finish all the writing tomorrow morning and compile it in a project after school (the project won't take too long since the coding is very basic and I'm essentially just copying and pasting the words I wrote in my document lol)

quixotic-personage
Scratcher
100+ posts

Polarbear_17 wrote:

I'm done with about 75% of the camper guide – I will finish all the writing tomorrow morning and compile it in a project after school (the project won't take too long since the coding is very basic and I'm essentially just copying and pasting the words I wrote in my document lol)
lol, i hope your arm's okay! /g

Last edited by quixotic-personage (Oct. 28, 2021 13:23:51)

quixotic-personage
Scratcher
100+ posts

Welcome to the Horror Cabin of SWC 2021!

Hiya! A warm welcome to the Horror cabin of this session of SWC! We're looking forward to it, and we hope you are too ^^ Without further ado, let's get onto some important info :D

If haven't checked it out already, here's the *guide* {will insert link*} to the cabin! We do suggest that you check it out for some points on in-cabin dailies, weeklies and other stuff that might make things a bit a clearer <3

Secondly, let's talk about the main cabin! It's sort of like the headquarters of SWC, where you can find MC (stands for Main Cabin) dailies, weeklies and workshops!

Next, here's the Horror cabin! This is our cabin, the Horror Typewriter. It's a place where you can chat, discuss, or ask any questions regarding SWC! (If your question gets buried or isn't answered, please do ask a leader or co on their profile :D) (and adding words and updating word counts will be done in separate studios, depending on who's group your in)

Next thing! Camp starts at 12:00 A.M, November first, your time zone! Any words that were written before November, sadly, do not count TuT

Sleep, School Life, Physical and Mental Health >>>>>>>>>> SWC. Please do keep this in mind throughout camp, and if anything comes up, feel free to drop out ^^

It is a humble request that you complete in-cabin activities and suggest writing prompts! We want to keep this session engaging, and your participation and contributions are an essential part of that :D

{okay i shall do the rest later, i gotta eat dinner, but could you see if what I've written so far and maybe add whatever you can? i recently got my periods and oh well, cramps are killing me)

Polarbear_17
Scratcher
500+ posts

That looks great Qui ^^ I’ll add and edit some stuff when I get home — thanks for taking the time to write that DD

Polarbear_17
Scratcher
500+ posts

(will fix the formatting stuff later)

Hiya! A warm welcome to the Horror cabin of this session of SWC! We're looking forward to it, and we hope you are too ^^ Without further ado, let's get onto some important info

If you haven't checked it out already, here's the *guide* {will insert link*} to the cabin! We do suggest that you check it out for some points on main cabin activities, adding words, and more that might make things a bit a clearer <3

Secondly, let's talk about the main cabin! It's sort of like the headquarters of SWC, where you can find MC (stands for Main Cabin) dailies, weeklies and workshops! The main cabin is also where the cabin standings are – think of this as a leaderboard. The more points you gain by doing dailies and weeklies for our cabin, the higher we will be on the standings!

Next, here's the Horror cabin! This is our cabin, the Horror Typewriter. It's a place where you can chat, discuss, or ask any questions regarding SWC! (If your question gets buried or isn't answered, please do ask a leader or co on their profile ) (and adding words and updating word counts will be done in separate studios, depending on who's group your in). The description of every horror studio will contain important links that will help you navigate our cabin.

Next thing! Camp starts at 12:00 A.M, November first, your time zone! Any words that were written before November, sadly, do not count TuT

Sleep, School Life, Physical and Mental Health >>>>>>>>>> SWC. Please do keep this in mind throughout camp, and if anything comes up, feel free to drop out ^^

It is a humble request that you complete in-cabin activities and suggest writing prompts! We want to keep this session engaging, and your participation and contributions are an essential part of that We have some pre-camp activities you can participate in right now too, mainly suggesting our sub-theme, voting on our allies/enemies, introducing yourself over in our in-cabin activities studio, and suggesting writing prompts. You can find more information on our in-cabin activities in our camper guide.

Please don't post in this announcement forum! We want to keep this forum only for our important daily reminders, so if you have anything you would like to say, please message a leader on their profile or in the Horror cabin. Also, follow this forum by pressing the blue “follow discussion” button at the top right to get notified every time we post here!

I hope you have a blast this session! Happy writing, enjoy your time at SWC

Polarbear_17
Scratcher
500+ posts

Ack, I have four tests tomorrow so I won't be able to finish the camper guide today – tomorrow is Friday, so I shouldn't have anything after school, so I will spend that time to hastily compile the camper guide ^^

quixotic-personage
Scratcher
100+ posts

thanks polar! is it okay if i format it? just one less thing for you to do. and take your time with the guide, if there's anything i can do to help with it, do tell!
if yes, here is the formatted version. if not, ignore this:

Hiya! A warm welcome to the Horror cabin of this session of SWC! We're looking forward to it, and we hope you are too ^^ Without further ado, let's get onto some important info :D

If you haven't checked it out already, here's the *guide* {will insert link*} to the cabin! We do suggest that you check it out for some points on main cabin activities, adding words, and more that might make things a bit a clearer <3

Secondly, let's talk about the main cabin! It's sort of like the headquarters of SWC, where you can find MC (stands for Main Cabin) dailies, weeklies and workshops! The main cabin is also where the cabin standings are – think of this as a leaderboard. The more points you gain by doing dailies and weeklies for our cabin, the higher we will be on the standings!

Next, here's the Horror cabin! This is our cabin, the Horror Typewriter. It's a place where you can chat, discuss, or ask any questions regarding SWC! (If your question gets buried or isn't answered, please do ask a leader or co on their profile :D) (and adding words and updating word counts will be done in separate studios, depending on who's group your in). The description of every horror studio will contain important links that will help you navigate our cabin.

It is a humble request that you complete in-cabin activities and suggest writing prompts! We want to keep this session engaging, and your participation and contributions are an essential part of that :D We have some pre-camp activities you can participate in right now too, mainly suggesting our sub-theme, voting on our allies/enemies, introducing yourself over in our in-cabin activities studio, and suggesting writing prompts. You can find more information on our in-cabin activities in our camper guide.

Please don't post in this announcement forum! We want to keep this forum only for our important daily reminders, so if you have anything you would like to say, please message a leader on their profile or in the Horror cabin. Also, follow this forum by pressing the blue “follow discussion” button at the top right to get notified every time we post here!

We hope you have a blast this session! Happy writing, enjoy your time at SWC :)

_

also, here is the camper list/sort?
equestrian5810|20000
-margot-|15000
jd76 (tori)|7000
taco_c4t*|10000
kosmos_kitty|30000
pixel-doodles|6500
olivia321217|20000
-liffe-|6000
spire-|21000
willowstuff|2500
rainciouds-|5500
shizuka_yoshi|13000
doglover_73*|5000
frogandchick|5000
books-are-amazing*|5000
–starlight|19999
songstar12|6000
tach27*|6000
figurative_wings**|15000
candy_crystal|5000
weekendlust–|9000
endinq-life|5500
miztii|5000
the-hawkeye*|6000
-emxind|13000
exultantstar|50000
cinnamonrollc*|4500
h1imvict0ria*|5000
oceanbreezq-|5000
dorkyqueen98|7000
bramble_claw*|5000
chennaiprincess*|5000
i am yet to check if any of the users have been deleted or if there is a typo, i'll do it later. should i also sort them into groups (randomly of course lmao)

quixotic-personage
Scratcher
100+ posts

okay, scratch isn't allowing me to edit posts T-T so here is version 2.0 lmao

Next, here's the Horror cabin! This is our cabin, the Horror Typewriter. It's a place where you can chat, discuss, or ask any questions regarding SWC! (If your question gets buried or isn't answered, please do ask a leader or co on their profile :D) (and adding words and updating word counts will be done in separate studios, depending on who's group your in). The description of every horror studio will contain important links that will help you navigate our cabin.

It is a humble request that you complete in-cabin activities and suggest writing prompts! We want to keep this session engaging, and your participation and contributions are an essential part of that :D We have some pre-camp activities you can participate in right now too, mainly suggesting our sub-theme, voting on our allies/enemies, introducing yourself over in our in-cabin activities studio, and suggesting writing prompts. You can find more information on our in-cabin activities in our camper guide.

We hope you have a blast this session! Happy writing, enjoy your time at SWC :)

_

also, here is the camper list/sort?
equestrian5810|20000
-margot-|15000
jd76 (tori)|7000
taco_c4t*|10000
kosmos_kitty|30000
pixel-doodles|6500
olivia321217|20000
-liffe-|6000
spire-|21000
willowstuff|2500
rainciouds-|5500
shizuka_yoshi|13000
doglover_73*|5000
frogandchick|5000
books-are-amazing*|5000
–starlight|19999
songstar12|6000
tach27*|6000
figurative_wings**|15000
candy_crystal|5000
weekendlust–|9000
endinq-life|5500
miztii|5000
the-hawkeye*|6000
-emxind|13000
exultantstar|50000
cinnamonrollc*|4500
h1imvict0ria*|5000
oceanbreezq-|5000
dorkyqueen98|7000
bramble_claw*|5000
chennaiprincess*|5000
i am yet to check if any of the users have been deleted or if there is a typo, i'll do it later. should i also sort them into groups (randomly of course lmao)

quixotic-personage
Scratcher
100+ posts

and for the writing forum:

Hello Campers!
This is the forum where you will be sharing your writing :D It works just like the SWC Writing Megathread, except it's just for our campers! Of course, feel free to share it in the Megathread as well, we just thought that it might make things a bit tidier and easier for us to manage (especially when it comes to checking if proof has been provided for activities that require it). Please do check out the Megathread for some important information and basic guidelines to how this forum works as well!
Happy writing!

quixotic-personage
Scratcher
100+ posts

sorted using this:

Polar’s Group:
shizuka_yoshi
weekendlust
-margot-
taco_c4t
kosmos_kitty
oceanbreezq-
candy_crystal
miztii
cinnamonrollc
The-hawkeye

Kel’s Group:
rainciouds-
figurative_wings
endinq-life
olivia321217
chennaiprincess
-liffe-
-emxind
books-are-amazing
dorkyqueen98
bramble_claw
spire-

Qui’s Group:
pixel-doodles
willowstuff
doglover_73
frongandchick
-starlight
songstar12
equestrian5810
jd67
tach27
exultantstar
h1imvict0ria

quixotic-personage
Scratcher
100+ posts

(if any of you have already sorted or wanted to use a different method to sort, feel free to ignore this)

Polarbear_17
Scratcher
500+ posts

Tysm Qui for helping out I’ll get the guide done ASAP today so then we can start notifying ^^

quixotic-personage
Scratcher
100+ posts

no problem!

quixotic-personage
Scratcher
100+ posts

also, you can leave the notifying to me (so that you work on the other things on the to-do list). i can also ask kel to notify everyone in his group to make things slightly easier for me.

Polarbear_17
Scratcher
500+ posts

Tysm Qui for all of this ^^ if you don’t mind, could you post the announcements post in the description of a project or something so I can copy and paste it with all the formatting?