Discuss Scratch

Polarbear_17
Scratcher
500+ posts

SWC Horror Cabin November 2021 Leader Planning

If you aren't a leader in the horror cabin, please don't stalk this ^^ all you'll find here is cabin and activity planning, so you'd just be ruining the surprise for yourself ^^

Anyways I'll edit this post if I remember anything or if you have any suggestions that I think could work with our cabin

Leader:
@Polarbear_17 - Polar (he/him) - EDT - 0/30k
Cos:
@zparkly - Kel (he/they) - EDT - insert word goal here
@quixotic-personage - Qui (they/them) - IST - 0/5k

Horror cabin:
https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/30322075/

Word count studios:
Polar's group: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/30334534
Kel's group: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/30329289/
Qui's group: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/30330218/

Horror's theme: Typewriter
Colors: black and white

Intro story:
I'll be writing this sometime soon, I'll ask for feedback when I get it completed

Writing prompt studio:
One of you can be in charged of this studio if you're interested ^^ it'll basically contain short writing prompts we've written, and maybe we could also let campers suggest their own prompts in the comments of the studio and like feature one of their prompts every day? thoughts please :>

Camper get-to-know-you studio:
Again, one of my cos can be in charge of this Instead of in-cabin dailies this session, I thought we could have daily prompts that help campers get to know each other like a question of the day, or we could have polls, or we could do games like two truths and a lie, etc. or a mix of those as our in-cabin daily stuff :> I also think we should keep each daily prompt archived, so if a camper misses a day, then can still see what the previous prompts were in the studio description ^^ thoughts please

Sub-theme:
I thought that this session we could have our cabins help create the cabin for us usually cabins have specials names for things like cabin relationships, leader titles, word count studio names, etc. and I thought that we could do something where if campers did a daily, they could suggest something to be implemented into the cabin, and then everybody in the cabin could vote on their favorite suggestion for example, like November 1-3, if you do one of the dailies, you could suggest a horror sub-theme for our cabin (since our theme is typewriter and like the typewriter needs to be typing some story right, so our sub-theme would be the story the typewriter is typing out, which the campers will be determining), and then November 4-6 all the campers could vote on the suggestions from November 1-3, and then there’ll be another thing (special things to call our allies/neutrals/enemies, our sub-theme intro story, special titles for our leaders, etc) they could suggest for November 4-6 (so basically suggestions and voting will be happening simultaneously) – I’ll be in charge of the suggestion and voting studio ^^ I’m planning on having a pre-activity that happens a few days before camp since we get our campers early, so maybe they could also be able to suggest and vote on things before camp starts as well
I think that if we allow our campers to help create the cabin they’ll be staying in for a month, it would motivate them more to participate in the main cabin dailies

In-cabin points, scavenger hunt, matching pfp, common things in other cabins:
We won’t be doing in-cabin points this session since it’s typically confusing for newer campers, and we already have some reward system for doing dailies (being able to suggest things to implement)
Scavenger hunt – I don’t plan on doing this either, since from personal experience, scavenger hunts only work if our campers are active and want to do the scavenger hunt (and most of the time, only 2-4 campers actually do the scavenger hunt)
Matching pfps – I’m planning on drawing the horror cabin matching pfps I know that other cabins usually have a requirement of doing a weekly to get a pfp, but if any of you have ideas for different requirements we could do instead please share your thoughts
Sibling hangout studio – not sure what we’ll be doing, I’ll have to talk about Aria and Faer about this (we’re siblings with Sci-fi and Fairy Tales)
Camper hangout studio – I think that having the camper get-to-know-you studio is already sort of a hangout, so we don’t need an extra studio for a camper hangout

Cabin relationships:
I’m planning on letting our campers vote on our allies and enemies as one of the pre-camp activities, but we’ll have some siblings
Fairy Tales and Sci-fi are our siblings (allies) and Contemporary is our evil doppelganger (enemy)

Camper collab story:
I think we could relate this to campers doing the main cabin weekly? Each camper who does the first weekly can suggest a character that gets implemented into the collab story, doing the second weekly can allow campers to suggest different elements in the setting, etc. and then the last two weeks all the campers can take all the suggestions and work together to create a backstory of our cabin out of the characters and setting – I don’t know how we could include the third and fourth weekly though, so thoughts please on this

Other ideas:
I think maybe we could also have like a studio where achieving a collective task could also change something about our studio – like if we successfully reach 25k main cabin points, or if we successfully complete 4 cabin wars, 5 submissions to the writing comp, etc., then campers can change something in the studio – it can also give them the opportunity to update an already existing suggestion that was implemented, so if they want to change the leader titles again or change the names of our word count studios again they could complete the collective task to update the previous suggestion into something newer

I also need to know what things we could have the campers suggest/implement/change – some ideas I thought of immediately were changing the leader titles (like how Fantasy calls their leaders “Guardians,” and Non-fi calls their leaders “admins” and “moderators,” etc.), giving funny names for our word count groups, picking our allies/enemies, giving our allies/neutrals/enemies a special name (like for Poetry last session, I called my allies “Raconteurs,” my neutrals “Spectators,” and my enemies “Jesters”), suggesting a sub-theme, suggesting a sub-theme intro story, and giving studio names to the suggestion, voting, word prompt, and camper get-to-know-you studio

If you have ideas for other things campers could change/implement for our cabin share your thoughts ^^

I feel like I’m missing something here so if I’m missing something here please let me know xD For things unrelated to cabin planning/activities (camper drama, inactivity notices, questions about co-leading, etc.) contact me on the scratch account profile

Last edited by Polarbear_17 (Sept. 25, 2021 23:11:38)

zparkly
Scratcher
100+ posts

here's the studio btw https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/30329289/

womp womp
Polarbear_17
Scratcher
500+ posts

zparkly wrote:

here's the studio btw https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/30329289/
added to the desc ^^ I'll make my studio soon, I'll tell Qui to make their studio as well :>

quixotic-personage
Scratcher
100+ posts

heyo! i actually have to get ready for school, so i'll do my studio and reply to some of the points in a few hours or so, sorry!

quixotic-personage
Scratcher
100+ posts

quixotic-personage wrote:

heyo! i actually have to get ready for school, so i'll do my studio and reply to some of the points in a few hours or so, sorry!
okay, here's my studio heehe https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/30330218/

One of you can be in charged of this studio if you're interested ^^ it'll basically contain short writing prompts we've written, and maybe we could also let campers suggest their own prompts in the comments of the studio and like feature one of their prompts every day? thoughts please :>
ooh I could do that! of course, some help with the prompts would be very nice :-P also if kel wants to do it, i don't mind lol

Sub-theme:
snip
oh that's a really cool idea polar! i like the idea of campers being able to majorly affect the cabin and have more say in the whole theme and such.

In-cabin points, scavenger hunt, matching pfp, common things in other cabins:
snip
oh okay, completely understand, and the camper get-to-know-you studio is a really cool idea.

I’m planning on letting our campers vote on our allies and enemies as one of the pre-camp activities, but we’ll have some siblings
oh okay, so pre-camp activities are those that happen 3-4 days before camp starts, right?

Camper collab story:
snip
hmm, that's a cool idea, how about the third week can be more plot oriented? deciding a rough outline, and i feel like the last week they should majorly work on the story, just so that they have enough time :-D

Other ideas:
snip
hmmm this doesn't directly affect the main studio, but just wanted to ask if we could do a roleplay account or something? since there's the comment limit in studios and not on profiles :-P i saw some other cabins doing it last time and i thought it was a cool idea. also, i think i suggested a “cabin playlist” of sorts for music lovers :-D it could be a project or something, where anyone who did the daily for be able to suggest a song.

Last edited by quixotic-personage (Sept. 22, 2021 04:19:39)

Polarbear_17
Scratcher
500+ posts

I forgot to mention this earlier, but make sure to invite me and the other co to your word count studios ^^ this is so that if anything occurs where you have to be out for a few days, you can change the studio host to either me or the other co to temporarily add words until you're back ^^

ooh I could do that! of course, some help with the prompts would be very nice :-P
We'll be working together to write prompts in this forum ^^ I was thinking maybe we could work together to write 40 prompts, and have like 10 prompts a week and then change it to a different 10 prompts a different week, etc. and also feature one of the prompts campers made each day

I'll ask Kel if they would be interested in running the camper get-to-know-you studio (need a better name for this ahaha), we will also have to work together to come up with 30 daily activities, such as questions of the day that help campers get to know each other, two truths and a lie, polls of the day, etc.

oh okay, so pre-camp activities are those that happen 3-4 days before camp starts, right?
yep! last session, we got our campers five days before camp started, so I'm hoping that we'll get our campers a few days early again so we can hype them up with a pre-camp activity

hmm, that's a cool idea, how about the third week can be more plot oriented? deciding a rough outline, and i feel like the last week they should majorly work on the story, just so that they have enough time :-D
I like that idea! the third week could allow campers who do the third weekly to suggest conflict, exposition, climax, conclusion, solution, etc. different parts of a plot ^^ and then the fourth week we could let all the campers work together to write a final story :>

roleplay account or something? since there's the comment limit in studios and not on profiles :-P
ooo that's a good idea ^^ we could have the roleplay account be between our sibling cabins as well (sci-fi and fairy tales) so there's more people participating in the roleplay – I'll talk to Faer and Aria about this

“cabin playlist” of sorts for music lovers :-D it could be a project or something, where anyone who did the daily for be able to suggest a song
omg music you know I can't say no to this xD fantastic idea :000 we could have it span the entire month and if you did multiple dailies then you could suggest multiple songs and then at the end there'd be a very long playlist in a project xD We'll have to implement some rules to keep it scratch-appropriate, so no songs that go against the community guidelines, songs without profanity, etc. but I like this suggestion a lot

zparkly
Scratcher
100+ posts

oh heyy yeah id be fine running the get to know you studio

womp womp
quixotic-personage
Scratcher
100+ posts

I forgot to mention this earlier, but make sure to invite me and the other co to your word count studios ^^ this is so that if anything occurs where you have to be out for a few days, you can change the studio host to either me or the other co to temporarily add words until you're back ^^
ooh okay, will invite!

We'll be working together to write prompts in this forum ^^ I was thinking maybe we could work together to write 40 prompts, and have like 10 prompts a week and then change it to a different 10 prompts a different week, etc. and also feature one of the prompts campers made each day
ah okay, so i'll make the prompt studio? sorry if these are too many questions lol-

we will also have to work together to come up with 30 daily activities, such as questions of the day that help campers get to know each other, two truths and a lie, polls of the day, etc.
ooh okay, i'll try to think of some activities and report back that was so formal

yep! last session, we got our campers five days before camp started, so I'm hoping that we'll get our campers a few days early again so we can hype them up with a pre-camp activity
ooh okay, coolio

I like that idea! snip
heehe thanks, and okay :·D

we could have the roleplay account be between our sibling cabins as well (sci-fi and fairy tales) so there's more people participating in the roleplay – I'll talk to Faer and Aria about this
oh okay, that's cool. we'll have to think of a plot for that as well, right? or just let the campers rp with whatever prompts they want?

fantastic idea :000 snip
aah thanks, and that's a cool idea! who's going to make the project?

also, two questions:
  • i remember last session, birdi made this sort of project as a guide for the fairytales cabin. we could ask her, and make a remix of that (with permission credit, of course) and change it up to match our cabin? this is the project and it's really cool :0
  • secondly, are we making like an aesthetic set for our cabins? or like, projects asking people to join our cabin?

Last edited by quixotic-personage (Sept. 23, 2021 10:41:18)

quixotic-personage
Scratcher
100+ posts

ooh okay, had a small idea regarding cabin get-to-know-you dailies :·D

i believe during the session during the previous session, we had a daily / part of weekly where we had to make mood boards for our characters (here's mine from my previous account if you'e confused {TW: sharp objects, mentions of sl@ught3r}). we could ask the campers to make a mood board for themselves (and if they want, they could make some for their ocs as well).

and then another one is what quote(s) from their favourite character(s) suits them best? like, they can post a comment with a few/one quote(s) which they think suits themselves, and other campers can like, reply with what vibes they think the quotes gives off or something

wow i need to phrase these better but i hope you get the idea lmao

Last edited by quixotic-personage (Sept. 23, 2021 10:59:29)

Polarbear_17
Scratcher
500+ posts

quixotic-personage wrote:

snip
(I’ll respond to your other post somewhat soon since I’m at school and it’s hard to respond on a phone xD)

I like the mood board idea! ^^ We’ll have to make sure to add some rules to make sure it’s not controversial, goes against community guidelines, etc. but I really like this idea

I like the quote from your favorite character too the only problem I see is not remembering any quotes aka me ahahaha by favorite characters, so we’ll have to offer an alternative for those who don’t have quotes from favorite characters (maybe famous figures/celebrities?)

quixotic-personage
Scratcher
100+ posts

Polarbear_17 wrote:

(I’ll respond to your other post somewhat soon since I’m at school and it’s hard to respond on a phone xD)
oh okay, no problem, take your time.

I like the mood board idea! ^^ We’ll have to make sure to add some rules to make sure it’s not controversial, goes against community guidelines, etc. but I really like this idea
thanks! ooh okay, cool :·D

I like the quote from your favorite character too the only problem I see is not remembering any quotes aka me ahahaha by favorite characters, so we’ll have to offer an alternative for those who don’t have quotes from favorite characters (maybe famous figures/celebrities?)
i usually google stuff lmao but yeah, i get what you mean, and that's a cool alternative

Last edited by quixotic-personage (Sept. 23, 2021 11:50:48)

Polarbear_17
Scratcher
500+ posts

ah okay, so i'll make the prompt studio? sorry if these are too many questions lol-
Yep ^^ make sure to invite Kel and I to the studio as well
Kel can make the camper get-to-know-you studio and invite us as well
I'll make the rest of the studios when I have time outside of school (typing this during study hall ahaha)

oh okay, that's cool. we'll have to think of a plot for that as well, right? or just let the campers rp with whatever prompts they want?
I'll ask Faer and Aria about how they feel about a rp account and what prompts/plot we'd want to use ^^

aah thanks, and that's a cool idea! who's going to make the project?
You can make the project if you'd like ^^ We'll probably include the rules and requirements for adding songs in the description of the project, so you can either make the project now and leave the description blank until we come up with a description or we could come up with what things we want to include in the description before making the project

guide thing
I was planning on making some form of guide I'll probably write my own code for it, but I'll make sure to credit Birdi and all the other leaders who've done guides in the past ^^

are we making like an aesthetic set for our cabins?
I'm not the best at making aesthetics, but anybody's welcomed to make aesthetic sets for the cabin (I remember last session some of my campers made cabin aesthetics for my cabin and added them to the projects in the main studio) ^^

projects asking people to join our cabin?
Ah, as a leader last session I recall promo projects being discussed – essentially, we've been trying to make it so there is less “notifying” to users to join SWC, so that the users who actually do sign up are the ones who want to be a part of the camp, not because they saw some project telling them to join or that they were notified by somebody that sign-ups were out ^^ there hasn't been any official ban on promo projects, so you're welcome to make one if you want to, though I'm not going to make one this session ^^

quixotic-personage
Scratcher
100+ posts

Yep ^^ make sure to invite Kel and I to the studio as well
Done!

You can make the project if you'd like ^^ We'll probably include the rules and requirements for adding songs in the description of the project, so you can either make the project now and leave the description blank until we come up with a description or we could come up with what things we want to include in the description before making the project
if no one else wants to, i'll do it lol

I was planning on making some form of guide I'll probably write my own code for it, but I'll make sure to credit Birdi and all the other leaders who've done guides in the past ^^
oh okay, that's cool :·D

(i will respond to the lest later, am currently doing my math exam)

Last edited by quixotic-personage (Sept. 24, 2021 03:08:51)

quixotic-personage
Scratcher
100+ posts

I'm not the best at making aesthetics, but anybody's welcomed to make aesthetic sets for the cabin (I remember last session some of my campers made cabin aesthetics for my cabin and added them to the projects in the main studio)
hmm. . . we could ask someone else to do it? i could log into my previous account and create a set. also, are we planning on making something for signatures as well?

we've been trying to make it so there is less “notifying” to users to join SWC, so that the users who actually do sign up are the ones who want to be a part of the camp, not because they saw some project telling them to join or that they were notified by somebody that sign-ups were out ^^
that makes sense

Polarbear_17
Scratcher
500+ posts

hmm. . . we could ask someone else to do it? i could log into my previous account and create a set
Either would be fine ^^

also, are we planning on making something for signatures as well?
OOOO that’s a great idea :00 I’ve never done signatures before but that would be a good prize we could offer to campers :000

Polarbear_17
Scratcher
500+ posts

Also, could I get both of your word goals this session so I could add it to the description ^^

quixotic-personage
Scratcher
100+ posts

OOOO that’s a great idea :00 I’ve never done signatures before but that would be a good prize we could offer to campers :000
ooh that's a cool idea! i used the file size 690x145 (a part of it got cut out because of the text but i think this file size would work)

Also, could I get both of your word goals this session so I could add it to the description ^^
Ooh okay, could mine be 5k? I usually like to start small and keep increasing it lol-

Polarbear_17
Scratcher
500+ posts

I have updated the main horror studio's description ^^ tell me if there's anything I should change

Polarbear_17
Scratcher
500+ posts

I've finished Qui's matching pfp, I will finish Kel's soon https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/575140438/ (look in backdrop)

zparkly
Scratcher
100+ posts

oh psst by doing some totally not comment stalking i found that you need a hangout acc name. im like okayish at names so just remind who our siblings are haha

womp womp