Discuss Scratch

--starlight
Scratcher
500+ posts

Studio Update Suggestions

ScratchCat wrote:

We’ve updated the design of the page to match the look and feel of other Scratch 3.0 pages (like the homepage and project page).
I do actually quite like the new look, my only suggestion is that it could be a little bit easier for users on mobile to navigate, like make it a little smaller ^^ (if I had to go further, there could be a mobile setting which makes everything a little easier)

ScratchCat wrote:

Studio owners will now be the only people allowed to edit studio descriptions, titles, and thumbnails, which will prevent others from changing or destroying the work you have done in your studios.
What I propose is this:

Studio Owners
Have every ability in the studio, they can delete the studio, edit the title and description, add and remove curators and managers, promote managers, add and remove projects, etc. . Everything that studio owners currently can do, and previously could do. They count to the manager limit. They created the studio.

Studio Co-Owners
They have similar abilities to the studio owners, but not all. They can edit the title and description, add and remove projects, add and remove curators and managers, and promote managers. They're like managers prior to the update.. Limit of 15 in a studio (counts towards the manager limit).

Managers
They can add and remove curators and promote managers. They're what the managers currently are.

What is this solving?
This is solving the Scratch Writing Camp (SWC), SRC, and SAC issues- that only leaders can add words in their individual cabins (there are a few workarounds, but they're not very efficient), and that only one person can add points in the main cabin (again, a few workarounds, but they're not very efficient).
This is also (potentially) solving issues like with the LGBTQ+ studio and Girls Who Don't Fit In (GWDFI) - the owner of the LGBTQ+ studio hasn't been active in over a year, and the managers can't edit anything, while the studio itself is thriving and very active, and in GWDFI, the owner of the studio has moved (I think they might actually be inactive as well), so the studio can't be edited anymore.

Last edited by --starlight (July 7, 2021 00:08:05)

quality entertainment
yes, i would love to sled down your stairs
you smell like boiled cabbage
get paperclipped b)

i'm an overachiever and a procrastinator. i'm also stubborn. send help
DarthVader4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This is a duplicate.
Please continue the discussion there.

Be Moist Also, here's a helpful link to Ocular
I am DV4L, Erector of Text Walls, Typer of Long Posts, Creator of Mini-mod posts
The kumquats have eaten this line, so I have to have a new way to repel them.
Had a bad day or are feeling bored? Watch this to make your day better in an interesting way.
Do you think you've been banned unfairly? Then you'd be wrong. The ST aren't children, so quit acting like they are.
--starlight
Scratcher
500+ posts

DarthVader4Life wrote:

This is a duplicate.
Please continue the discussion there.
I don't remember seeing that before, sorry. I came up with the idea and @Paddle2See told me to elaborate, so I did

quality entertainment
yes, i would love to sled down your stairs
you smell like boiled cabbage
get paperclipped b)

i'm an overachiever and a procrastinator. i'm also stubborn. send help