Discuss Scratch

Doofenshmirtz713
Scratcher
15 posts

Dating on Scratch

So I was wondering this because I've seen a lot of users on Scratch have girlfriends/boyfriends. I was wondering if that was even allowed because Scratch is directed at kids to learn, not to date.

I'm not sure it's allowed.

bye…

“I'm Brilliant, Bad, And A Little Bit Mad”
“I'm Not Like Her, I'm Better”
- Cruella DeVil

Call Me Estella
MasterofTheBrick
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Dating on Scratch

I think you've mistaken dating with having a bf/gf. It's perfectly alright to have a boy/girlfriend that you know irl on scratch, but it isn't supposed to be used as a dating website. So as long as you don't use scratch to date, it's fine.

Last edited by MasterofTheBrick (June 29, 2021 04:02:13)

Doofenshmirtz713
Scratcher
15 posts

Dating on Scratch

MasterofTheBrick wrote:

I think you've mistaken dating with having a bf/gf. It's perfectly alright to have a boy/girlfriend that you know irl on scratch, but it isn't supposed to be used as a dating website. So as long as you don't use scratch to date, it's fine.

but I've seen some people set up ‘dates’ by making projects.

I've also seen people asking other users if they wanted to be together.

I just recently saw someone post a project about how another scratcher cheated on them! I am not sure how to react

bye…

“I'm Brilliant, Bad, And A Little Bit Mad”
“I'm Not Like Her, I'm Better”
- Cruella DeVil

Call Me Estella
MasterofTheBrick
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Dating on Scratch

Doofenshmirtz713 wrote:

MasterofTheBrick wrote:

but I've seen some people set up ‘dates’ by making projects.

I've also seen people asking other users if they wanted to be together.

I just recently saw someone post a project about how another scratcher cheated on them! I am not sure how to react

bye…
Then you should report the project. If it involves unmoderated communication between various people, then it's not allowed.
-SoudaCan-
Scratcher
78 posts

Dating on Scratch

No. If they are irl couples yes. but online dating is a n o n o

PLEASE GO FOLLOW @–OTAKU IM LEAVING!
The_Imaginarium
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Dating on Scratch

Not allowed under any circumstances. Scratch is not a dating website/app. I've seen many people ip banned for breaking this rule.
mtech22
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Dating on Scratch

Dating is not allowed under any circumstances. Even if you are dating in real life I believe you are still not allowed to say you are.

aII toasters toast toast, but what happens when there are no longer toasters being produced? will their technology simply become obsolete, with humans moving onto bigger, better things? will toast become a distant memory, written in textbooks of the future as foods us simpler generations ate? who's to say! society is constantly moving, changing, evolving, ideas being built upon, improved upon, theories being proven or disproven. are we but a blip on the timeline? sure, our names may not be remembered, but that's not the point. you can make a change. you can make a difference. you can make the world better, even if you don't know yet. and the first step is to go for it. even if you are afraid of failure. going back to the example of toasters, do you know off the top of your head who invented them? no? have you used one? probably. so, even if you don't remember my name, if I was able to help awnser your question, that is enough. if I was able to help you, even in the slightest way, this could push you to continue with scratch and not give up after the program crashes, and maybe one day learn other programming languages and change the world. everything is a cause and effect reaction, new inventions lead to the technology of the future, and even as the generations of the past are slowly forgotten, their influence lives on to this day, affecting how the world eventually turned out and how it will be for generations to come.

and, without toasters, we wouldn't have toast.
MasterofTheBrick
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Dating on Scratch

mtech22 wrote:

Dating is not allowed under any circumstances. Even if you are dating in real life I believe you are still not allowed to say you are.
Really? I didn't hear of any rule like that
-Accio-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Dating on Scratch

mtech22 wrote:

I think I remember @Za-Chary saying in the past that if there were two older Scratchers who were married real life, it would be okay to say as long as it was clear that they genuinely were married, and not just pretending to be on Scratch. I'm not sure if this policy has changed, or if it applies to people who are actually dating, but it is something to consider.

Hi There! I'm -Accio-

I am currently attending university for a Bachelor's of Science in Chemistry.

“If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate”
Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Dating on Scratch

-Accio- wrote:

mtech22 wrote:

I think I remember @Za-Chary saying in the past that if there were two older Scratchers who were married real life, it would be okay to say as long as it was clear that they genuinely were married, and not just pretending to be on Scratch. I'm not sure if this policy has changed, or if it applies to people who are actually dating, but it is something to consider.
Mmm, yeah, that's tough.

To be safe, I would just say that no dating of any type is allowed on Scratch. That's more or less what the policy is, as Scratch is not a dating website. Even if you really are dating in real life, it might be best not to say this on Scratch just so others don't see it and think dating is okay on Scratch.

Please use the Report button on any comments which indicate that a Scratcher is dating another Scratcher.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021. I reached 20,000 forum posts on June 24th 2024.

my notebook | scratch team essay | accessibility essay
-Kryptonite-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Dating on Scratch

I mean you shouldn't go advertising or boasting, adding to your profile, or saying “I'm dating @username !1!!!1!!”. That's not allowed. ily (I love you) or ilysm (I love you so much) is fine when not used as a dating.

I've seen joke wedding studios that are clearly a joke because the user was marrying their alt.

Last edited by -Kryptonite- (June 29, 2021 19:14:57)

Welcome to my Forum signature.
Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Dating on Scratch

-Kryptonite- wrote:

And pretty sure it's fine to make joke ships (where you think 2 people are cute together) as long as it doesn't get serious.
I disagree. If at least one user of this “ship” is uncomfortable with it, then it's not allowed because it's making someone uncomfortable. If both party members are fine with the proposed “ship,” then I would say that's not allowed because it sounds pretty much like two Scratchers dating. (And, again, dating is not allowed on Scratch.)

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021. I reached 20,000 forum posts on June 24th 2024.

my notebook | scratch team essay | accessibility essay
-Kryptonite-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Dating on Scratch

Za-Chary wrote:

-Kryptonite- wrote:

And pretty sure it's fine to make joke ships (where you think 2 people are cute together) as long as it doesn't get serious.
I disagree. If at least one user of this “ship” is uncomfortable with it, then it's not allowed because it's making someone uncomfortable. If both party members are fine with the proposed “ship,” then I would say that's not allowed because it sounds pretty much like two Scratchers dating. (And, again, dating is not allowed on Scratch.)

Oh, hm, thanks! Noted

Welcome to my Forum signature.
MinuOffical
Scratcher
46 posts

Dating on Scratch

There was this kid named (removed by moderator - please don't name names), and he pretty much flirted with me. I instantly reported that guy
BELEIVE ME,The last thing i'd ever do is have a girlfriend (yes im a lesbian)
Dating involves sharing personal info, like e-mail addreses and stuff. You never know who's behind a pfp of an anime girl. They might be a 40 year old man irl.
Stay safe yall, I care about your safety :3

(removed by moderator - please don't name names)

Last edited by Paddle2See (Aug. 25, 2023 09:23:33)

hey! I'm an asexual introverted furry with ADHD. i love art, OMORI and hanging out with animals! Currently learning the furry fandom!
this is auby
(OwO)
this is a mewo, he protecc my siggy from evil kumquats

Cool projects

EXTENDED BIO:
talk here wont bite ^w^