Discuss Scratch

MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Windows 11

ScolderCreations wrote:

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

I don't like Apple's rocket emoji, it's not flat and modern enough for 2021 UI design.
I like it better 3D-looking, it’s more original. Not everything has to follow trends to look cool.
I don't like 2001-2012 UI design since it being 2022.

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/676917926/

Tired of the mainstream browsers being so darn slow, taking so much RAM on your super old laptop. Well, Catalyst is the solution. It is a zero compromise browser that will run on anything! Available for Windows, MacOS, and Linux! It is super fast and customizable with a fresh and modern UI!!!.

Always use the latest version of an antivirus. To get the latest security and protection, it is also recommended to use the latest version of MacOS or one that get's security patches. Update your software or you will regret it, and you will have several risks waiting for you.

<script>
alert(“XSS”)
</script>
warlord-kid
Scratcher
43 posts

Windows 11

i love windows 10 why is every body saying it's bad

don't kill just concur
kccuber
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Windows 11

NanoRook wrote:

samq64 wrote:

-ElectronicArts- wrote:

is win11 is really that bad?
Yeah. I was in the public beta and I didn't experience any crashes until abiut 2 weeks before the public release when it decided to go completely unresponsive more and more frequently until I couldn't open a browser or MS paint for more than a minutel so I downgraded to Windows 10 2 days before the public release. Since then I have upgraded again and haven't had any issues until last week.

I turned on my laptop again and ran a quick Windows Defender virus scan and everything looked OK, so I guess Microsoft must have shipped some of that broken code from the dev channel.

Insider build moment.

Anyone been using 11 long enough on a stable branch to give an opinion of it?
yep, i have a windows 11 laptop and it runs great, might just be the laptop tho cause it has a fast processor
But i still use Windows 10 on my main computer because it doesn't support 11
(Also ill try and see if I can get a windows 11 VM running on this unsupported one)

Last edited by kccuber (Jan. 10, 2022 22:02:13)



Made using Nord Theme & Inkscape
samq64
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Windows 11

NanoRook wrote:

samq64 wrote:

-ElectronicArts- wrote:

is win11 is really that bad?
Yeah. I was in the public beta and I didn't experience any crashes until abiut 2 weeks before the public release when it decided to go completely unresponsive more and more frequently until I couldn't open a browser or MS paint for more than a minutel so I downgraded to Windows 10 2 days before the public release. Since then I have upgraded again and haven't had any issues until last week.

I turned on my laptop again and ran a quick Windows Defender virus scan and everything looked OK, so I guess Microsoft must have shipped some of that broken code from the dev channel.

Insider build moment.

Anyone been using 11 long enough on a stable branch to give an opinion of it?
I am on the stable build by the way.

Apart from notifications and quick settings refusing to open half the time and occasional crashes, it works fine.

Last edited by samq64 (Jan. 10, 2022 22:50:53)

MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Windows 11

samq64 wrote:

NanoRook wrote:

samq64 wrote:

-ElectronicArts- wrote:

is win11 is really that bad?
Yeah. I was in the public beta and I didn't experience any crashes until abiut 2 weeks before the public release when it decided to go completely unresponsive more and more frequently until I couldn't open a browser or MS paint for more than a minutel so I downgraded to Windows 10 2 days before the public release. Since then I have upgraded again and haven't had any issues until last week.

I turned on my laptop again and ran a quick Windows Defender virus scan and everything looked OK, so I guess Microsoft must have shipped some of that broken code from the dev channel.

Insider build moment.

Anyone been using 11 long enough on a stable branch to give an opinion of it?
I am on the stable build by the way.

Apart from notifications and quick settings refusing to open half the time and occasional crashes, it works fine.
When I tested Windows 11 (on unsupported hardware) it ran completely fine with just 2 explorer crashes a day generally during gaming sessions where I wouldn't even notice it.

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/676917926/

Tired of the mainstream browsers being so darn slow, taking so much RAM on your super old laptop. Well, Catalyst is the solution. It is a zero compromise browser that will run on anything! Available for Windows, MacOS, and Linux! It is super fast and customizable with a fresh and modern UI!!!.

Always use the latest version of an antivirus. To get the latest security and protection, it is also recommended to use the latest version of MacOS or one that get's security patches. Update your software or you will regret it, and you will have several risks waiting for you.

<script>
alert(“XSS”)
</script>
kccuber
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Windows 11

Ok the Windows 11 VM actually works. It's also running on unsupported hardware (Wrong TPM/or none, i forgot, Ivy Bridge CPU)


Made using Nord Theme & Inkscape
9pfs
Scratcher
100+ posts

Windows 11

kccuber wrote:

Ok the Windows 11 VM actually works. It's also running on unsupported hardware (Wrong TPM/or none, i forgot, Ivy Bridge CPU)
Could you get it running on qemu-system-x86_64 and share everything needed to run it without admin? I really want to try Windows 11.

Update to Chrome 98 immediately More info
Share


topic/571765 MUST be apologized for.
Turns out, it was!!!

mybearworld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Windows 11

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

I don't like Apple's rocket emoji, it's not flat and modern enough for 2021 UI design.
2022

2+2*5 = ?
2+2*5 = 20
2+2*5 = 12
2+2*5 = 77034585053198940266692661
god286
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Windows 11

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

I don't like Apple's rocket emoji, it's not flat and modern enough for 2021 UI design.
hey
i dont like the firefox icon
its not flat and modern enough
hey i dont like the scratch icon
looks too playful
hey i dont like the rocket emoji
it doesnt copy everyone else in their mission to make design insanely simple which can make it more complicated
(google workspace colours)

meowclient
Typescript and ESM support
Kind-of good documentation
Easy to use
meowclient


                 _ ____  ___   __   
__ _ ___ __| |___ \( _ ) / /_
/ _` |/ _ \ / _` | __) / _ \| '_ \
| (_| | (_) | (_| |/ __/ (_) | (_) |
\__, |\___/ \__,_|_____\___/ \___/
|___/
^ inspired by @Chiroyce, made with figlet
VedanshS933
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Windows 11

Chiroyce wrote:

the thing im worried about is, since they're dropping 10X, 11 will be more tablet friendly then, which i dont want because of how bad it was on Windows 8 , but anyways im hyped!!

edit: windows 8 is terrible!

Not even that terrible

I am going inactive on Scratch
I am inactive on Scratch…going towards YouTube. Will tell everyone my youtube channel when I get a proper one. Thank you for your support on Scratch. Continuing to play MMO, Appel and more!

Post Count - 1200+
1. Suggestions 670+
2. Advanced Topics 170+
3. Questions about Scratch 130+
Chiroyce
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Windows 11

VedanshS933 wrote:

Not even that terrible
windows 7 is better than 8 due to the full screen start menu and more nonsense lol







April Fools' topics:
New Buildings in Scratch's headquarters
Give every Scratcher an M1 MacBook Air
Scratch should let users edit other Scratchers' projects
Make a statue for Jeffalo
Scratch Tech Tips™
Make a Chiroyce statue emoji


<img src=“x” onerror=“alert('XSS vulnerability discovered')”>

this is a test sentence
Socialix
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Windows 11

should i install windows 11 on a pc with 6th gen cpu? i got a sudden interest in it but microsoft slaps me with this

and i dont care because microsoft doesnt know how to spell in turkish, seriously, what does “İşlemci şu anda bu işlem için Windows 11.” mean?????

nevermind, my cpu just turned into windows 11


socialix - lives on earth - why is there a penguin breaking my window? - uses inconsistent operating system version 10 - signatures are overrated
Chiroyce
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Windows 11

Socialix wrote:

nevermind, my cpu just turned into windows 11
hey thats nice! your OS should've now become an Intel i9-12900K!







April Fools' topics:
New Buildings in Scratch's headquarters
Give every Scratcher an M1 MacBook Air
Scratch should let users edit other Scratchers' projects
Make a statue for Jeffalo
Scratch Tech Tips™
Make a Chiroyce statue emoji


<img src=“x” onerror=“alert('XSS vulnerability discovered')”>

this is a test sentence
kccuber
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Windows 11

9pfs wrote:

kccuber wrote:

Ok the Windows 11 VM actually works. It's also running on unsupported hardware (Wrong TPM/or none, i forgot, Ivy Bridge CPU)
Could you get it running on qemu-system-x86_64 and share everything needed to run it without admin? I really want to try Windows 11.
I use virtualbox, not QEMU, but its possible to run Operating systems using QEMU on a replit or, v86. keep in mind it will run really bad.
alternatively you could just boot into a windows install disc, and replace utilman.exe with command prompt on your OS drive, and then click the “utilman” on the login screen and reset the admin password though CMD. yeah, hacky, but ive done it before.

Last edited by kccuber (Jan. 11, 2022 22:05:00)



Made using Nord Theme & Inkscape
-ElectronicArts-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Windows 11

Socialix wrote:

should i install windows 11 on a pc with 6th gen cpu? i got a sudden interest in it but microsoft slaps me with this

and i dont care because microsoft doesnt know how to spell in turkish, seriously, what does “İşlemci şu anda bu işlem için Windows 11.” mean?????

nevermind, my cpu just turned into windows 11
what is your cpu?

dhuls
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Windows 11

god286 wrote:

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

I don't like Apple's rocket emoji, it's not flat and modern enough for 2021 UI design.
that's the kind of poor thinking that led to this

god286 wrote:

hey i dont like the scratch icon
looks too playful
ok then

MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Windows 11

dhuls wrote:

god286 wrote:

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

I don't like Apple's rocket emoji, it's not flat and modern enough for 2021 UI design.
that's the kind of poor thinking that led to this

god286 wrote:

hey i dont like the scratch icon
looks too playful
ok then
that's just modern design dude.

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/676917926/

Tired of the mainstream browsers being so darn slow, taking so much RAM on your super old laptop. Well, Catalyst is the solution. It is a zero compromise browser that will run on anything! Available for Windows, MacOS, and Linux! It is super fast and customizable with a fresh and modern UI!!!.

Always use the latest version of an antivirus. To get the latest security and protection, it is also recommended to use the latest version of MacOS or one that get's security patches. Update your software or you will regret it, and you will have several risks waiting for you.

<script>
alert(“XSS”)
</script>
dhuls
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Windows 11

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

(#2117)

dhuls wrote:

god286 wrote:

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

I don't like Apple's rocket emoji, it's not flat and modern enough for 2021 UI design.
that's the kind of poor thinking that led to this

god286 wrote:

hey i dont like the scratch icon
looks too playful
ok then
that's just modern design dude.
unnecessary oversimplification*

MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Windows 11

dhuls wrote:

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

(#2117)

dhuls wrote:

god286 wrote:

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

I don't like Apple's rocket emoji, it's not flat and modern enough for 2021 UI design.
that's the kind of poor thinking that led to this

god286 wrote:

hey i dont like the scratch icon
looks too playful
ok then
that's just modern design dude.
unnecessary oversimplification*
flat colors or it aint for the year of today.

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/676917926/

Tired of the mainstream browsers being so darn slow, taking so much RAM on your super old laptop. Well, Catalyst is the solution. It is a zero compromise browser that will run on anything! Available for Windows, MacOS, and Linux! It is super fast and customizable with a fresh and modern UI!!!.

Always use the latest version of an antivirus. To get the latest security and protection, it is also recommended to use the latest version of MacOS or one that get's security patches. Update your software or you will regret it, and you will have several risks waiting for you.

<script>
alert(“XSS”)
</script>
LegoManiac04
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Windows 11

Can't we just accept that we all have our own tastes in design? And that there doesn't need to be some “univeral” look that every single UI has to follow, otherwise it's ugly..?

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile