Discuss Scratch

Scratcher
500+ posts

Translating Scratch into Other Languages

chrisg wrote:

@54329 Apparently slack automatically expires links after 2 years and we didn't realize. Here's the new invitation: https://join.slack.com/t/translatescratch/shared_invite/enQtNDI0MjY1Mzk4MjcyLTk0MGY0ZjFhNWQ1ZTk5Njc2OWU1NWZiYzIxNWRkMGIzMGI2YmE3MmM0ODUyMTA2ZmMxMTExYmIxNzBkMjJiZWQ
I'll edit the pinned post as well.
Thanks for the head's up.
Thanks!

Click Here To Get Infinite Loves, Favorites and Follows!!!
(Not edited by moderator - don't impersonate a moderator by adding this moderation since a moderator didn't moderate to add this moderation in.)

;
D-07N2
Scratcher
61 posts

Translating Scratch nowadays is EASY thanks to Google Translate

I only stay up late to play the PlayStation 3…
and to risk my TV from being taken away by my parents because I stay up late to play the PS3.
technoguyx
Scratcher
500+ posts

D-07N2 wrote:

Translating Scratch nowadays is EASY thanks to Google Translate
You shouldn't ever use machine translation to localize software; a good translation takes culture, context and other factors in consideration. For instance, I translate Scratch to the Spanish language and at times we've had discussions over what's the best translation for a certain block or word, considering that Scratch's main audience is children and teens.

You can definitely tell when something has been translated with Google – try translating, say, a Russian or Japanese webpage to English and see if you can make sense out of it.