Discuss Scratch

• Discussion Forums
  • » Advanced Topics
  • » Wave Multi-Emulator Collaboration- Combining emulators for CHIP8, Game Boy, NES, GBA, NDS, and more all into one Scratch Project. - Ver. 0.8 in development [RSS Feed]
oxiti8
Scratcher
500+ posts

Wave Multi-Emulator Collaboration- Combining emulators for CHIP8, Game Boy, NES, GBA, NDS, and more all into one Scratch Project. - Ver. 0.8 in development

I've finally published V0.7.9 as a GitHub release, which means it's time to start working on V0.8.

Thinking of names for this version- I was thinking something like “Infinite edition” or something along those lines since 8 turned on its side looks like Infinity, but now that I think about it that doesn't really make much sense considering it has nothing else to do with this version's contents…
ScratchcatandGobo
Scratcher
100+ posts

Wave Multi-Emulator Collaboration- Combining emulators for CHIP8, Game Boy, NES, GBA, NDS, and more all into one Scratch Project. - Ver. 0.8 in development

Hey I was thinking… maybey you can make a built-in ide for chip-8.

ScratchcatandGobo Scratching since 2019
i am currently learning C sharp and python
50th post
/url 100th post
Redirect to project ID block
Here is my status (via aviate) here
kccuber
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ScratchcatandGobo wrote:

that would be a bit of a bloat added to an emulator, a seperate project would be better off

Made using Nord Theme & Inkscape
oxiti8
Scratcher
500+ posts

kccuber wrote:

ScratchcatandGobo wrote:

that would be a bit of a bloat added to an emulator, a seperate project would be better off
I agree. I've thought about this before and then decided it was out of the scope of Wave.

That being said, if I do make one in scratch, It's going to use WAVE-8.

Last edited by oxiti8 (Jan. 27, 2022 15:07:54)

oxiti8
Scratcher
500+ posts

V0.8 is out!

After 4 months, I've finally finished V0.8. While not as major of a leap in design as V0.7 was, V0.8 brings some much needed updates to the ROM importer, DualGB, and CoolNES.

The ROM importer now utilizes the main menu tiles for choosing which emulator to import a rom into- finally moving past the remnants of the old and convoluted rom importer that hadn't fundamentally changed since V0.1.1.

DualGB has been updated to the latest version, now having full Game Boy Color support, a new backdrop and ui.

Wave's version of CoolNES finally got an update to 2.4, bringing new mapper support and audio support.

I've also fixed typos and whatnot.

I wasn't exactly sure what to call this version, so i just went with V0.8. I was going to call this version “Infinite Edition”, but it's technically still a beta and thus isn't forever.

Go check it out here!
ScratchcatandGobo
Scratcher
100+ posts

Whats new in 0.8? Also remove the part saying “0.8 is in dev” because it just got released.

ScratchcatandGobo Scratching since 2019
i am currently learning C sharp and python
50th post
/url 100th post
Redirect to project ID block
Here is my status (via aviate) here
oxiti8
Scratcher
500+ posts

ScratchcatandGobo wrote:

Whats new in 0.8? Also remove the part saying “0.8 is in dev” because it just got released.
- new rom importing system that uses a more uniform graphical interface than the old text based one. While this does mean importing GB, CHIP-8, and Bytepusher roms isn’t quite as fast as it was, the new system should make it easier for newcomers.

- DualGB is updated to the latest build, adding full Game Boy Color support and a new GUI.

- CoolNES was updated to 2.4. This one was a bit of a pain to do as i spent a good hour or so trying to figure out why audio wasn’t working (always initialize the size of lists before you use the replace command if you want your code to be portable)

- WAVE-8 got some more Mega-Chip features. Mega Chip emulation is still not in a fully functional state, but fully implementing megachip would require so many if then cases it’d probably hurt performance.

- changed some grammar.

I’ve already updated the top post for V0.8.
  • Discussion Forums
  • » Advanced Topics
  • » Wave Multi-Emulator Collaboration- Combining emulators for CHIP8, Game Boy, NES, GBA, NDS, and more all into one Scratch Project. - Ver. 0.8 in development [RSS Feed]