Scratcher
53 posts

Blue 1.4β, a Scratch 2.0 Mod

TailsFanV51
Scratcher
100+ posts

NoMod-Programming wrote:

Well… Looks like it's time to get to work on Blue again! But first… Anybody know any hacks/workarounds for blocked .bat files on windows? My school blocks them, which makes it hard to build blue. (Also, it runs on an exe whitelist, so no external programs). Also, wish me luck because I have to program with only notepad until I can convince them to put Sublime Text on my computer!
hurrah

NoMod-Programming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Team_Illuminati wrote:

NoMod-Programming wrote:

Well… Looks like it's time to get to work on Blue again! But first… Anybody know any hacks/workarounds for blocked .bat files on windows? My school blocks them, which makes it hard to build blue. (Also, it runs on an exe whitelist, so no external programs). Also, wish me luck because I have to program with only notepad until I can convince them to put Sublime Text on my computer!
You could try an online code editor for the now (there a decent amount of good ones). In terms of .bat files being blocked, you could tell your school about the mod and hopefully they could make an exception for you. They should be happy you are coding and stuff. xD Good luck!
I've tried to have them unblock things before, and they've claimed that it's too much trouble to add “everything that everybody wants” to the whitelist, and that I could just use python to program. Any way to build this using python?

EDIT: I made a python wrapper for gradle. Now I just need to fix the gradle issues with downloading files.
EDIT 2: I gave up trying to make gradle work. So I moved everything over to my raspberry pi, got VNC up and running, and am using some python and java code to communicate and build Blue.

Last edited by NoMod-Programming (April 18, 2017 17:23:09)

Abraham Lincoln wrote:

“These men ask for just the same thing, fairness, and fairness only. This, so far as in my power, they, and all others, shall have”

tobyctd
Scratcher
5 posts

add mesh-ish support like this:
broadcast (input1) over mesh channel (input2)

(current mesh broadcast on channel (input3))
you could drag a list or a variable or a boolean into the input1 slot.
the channels would be stored in RAM, and whenever a channel got changed, it would broadcast the new version and change all the copies stored in RAM.

<— seriously it's cool!
NoMod-Programming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

tobyctd wrote:

add mesh-ish support like this:
broadcast (input1) over mesh channel (input2)

(current mesh broadcast on channel (input3))
you could drag a list or a variable or a boolean into the input1 slot.
the channels would be stored in RAM, and whenever a channel got changed, it would broadcast the new version and change all the copies stored in RAM.
How about broadcasts over the blue servers? So:

Broadcast [input1] over mesh channel (1)::control stack // Maybe in a new category "cloud"?

When I receive broadcast [input1] from mesh channel (1)::control hat

Abraham Lincoln wrote:

“These men ask for just the same thing, fairness, and fairness only. This, so far as in my power, they, and all others, shall have”

TDR-Games
Scratcher
100+ posts

Wow! great job!

–Banners Above
–move selected to top