Discuss Scratch

landonwang
Scratcher
55 posts

Blue 1.4β, a Scratch 2.0 Mod

yay! you guys are working on blue again!
TailsFanV51
Scratcher
100+ posts

Blue 1.4β, a Scratch 2.0 Mod

NoMod-Programming wrote:

Well… Looks like it's time to get to work on Blue again! But first… Anybody know any hacks/workarounds for blocked .bat files on windows? My school blocks them, which makes it hard to build blue. (Also, it runs on an exe whitelist, so no external programs). Also, wish me luck because I have to program with only notepad until I can convince them to put Sublime Text on my computer!
hurrah

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
NoMod-Programming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Blue 1.4β, a Scratch 2.0 Mod

Team_Illuminati wrote:

NoMod-Programming wrote:

Well… Looks like it's time to get to work on Blue again! But first… Anybody know any hacks/workarounds for blocked .bat files on windows? My school blocks them, which makes it hard to build blue. (Also, it runs on an exe whitelist, so no external programs). Also, wish me luck because I have to program with only notepad until I can convince them to put Sublime Text on my computer!
You could try an online code editor for the now (there a decent amount of good ones). In terms of .bat files being blocked, you could tell your school about the mod and hopefully they could make an exception for you. They should be happy you are coding and stuff. xD Good luck!
I've tried to have them unblock things before, and they've claimed that it's too much trouble to add “everything that everybody wants” to the whitelist, and that I could just use python to program. Any way to build this using python?

EDIT: I made a python wrapper for gradle. Now I just need to fix the gradle issues with downloading files.
EDIT 2: I gave up trying to make gradle work. So I moved everything over to my raspberry pi, got VNC up and running, and am using some python and java code to communicate and build Blue.

Last edited by NoMod-Programming (April 18, 2017 17:23:09)


Abraham Lincoln wrote:

“These men ask for just the same thing, fairness, and fairness only. This, so far as in my power, they, and all others, shall have”

tobyctd
Scratcher
6 posts

Blue 1.4β, a Scratch 2.0 Mod

add mesh-ish support like this:
broadcast (input1) over mesh channel (input2)

(current mesh broadcast on channel (input3))
you could drag a list or a variable or a boolean into the input1 slot.
the channels would be stored in RAM, and whenever a channel got changed, it would broadcast the new version and change all the copies stored in RAM.

<— seriously it's cool!
NoMod-Programming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Blue 1.4β, a Scratch 2.0 Mod

tobyctd wrote:

add mesh-ish support like this:
broadcast (input1) over mesh channel (input2)

(current mesh broadcast on channel (input3))
you could drag a list or a variable or a boolean into the input1 slot.
the channels would be stored in RAM, and whenever a channel got changed, it would broadcast the new version and change all the copies stored in RAM.
How about broadcasts over the blue servers? So:

Broadcast [input1] over mesh channel (1)::control stack // Maybe in a new category "cloud"?

When I receive broadcast [input1] from mesh channel (1)::control hat

Abraham Lincoln wrote:

“These men ask for just the same thing, fairness, and fairness only. This, so far as in my power, they, and all others, shall have”

TDR-Games
Scratcher
100+ posts

Blue 1.4β, a Scratch 2.0 Mod

Wow! great job!















–Banners Above
–move selected to top

Penguin5664
Scratcher
100+ posts

Blue 1.4β, a Scratch 2.0 Mod

Erm, there's a problem.

This block:
set temporary variable [foo] to [0] :: custom stack
– Doesn't work, as when using the reporter of (get temporary variable ) it only reports 0, no matter what temporary variable you set.


~Penguin5564

((づ。◕‿‿◕。::sensing)づ::sensing) // This is "Mini-Bloky". He protects my signature from the kumquats!
How many Block Requests we can get? Please request! Check @78ch3's Everything Shop, too!
when gf clicked :: #B46200
vector :: #C56B00
scratch :: #DA8B00
blocks! :: control
Penguin5664
Scratcher
100+ posts

Blue 1.4β, a Scratch 2.0 Mod

defi­ne ((reporter ::custom)::#985ee3) :: custom hat
— is a good idea, but as you mentioned in the webpage, if you dont use a “report” block at the end of the custom reporter, Scratch hangs up.

So instead, I suggest this:
defi­ne ((reporter ::custom)::#985ee3) :: custom hat
­{
. . .
} ­ ­(report [] :: custom-arg stack cap) ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ :: custom cap
— However I am still thinking this was suggested before…

EDIT: Yeah, it was in the webpage, however you should add it instead of just showing it as Scratchblocks in the main page.
EDIT2: You need to change the [scratchblocks] plugin.

Last edited by Penguin5664 (June 26, 2017 18:29:55)


((づ。◕‿‿◕。::sensing)づ::sensing) // This is "Mini-Bloky". He protects my signature from the kumquats!
How many Block Requests we can get? Please request! Check @78ch3's Everything Shop, too!
when gf clicked :: #B46200
vector :: #C56B00
scratch :: #DA8B00
blocks! :: control
stegozavr
Scratcher
16 posts

Blue 1.4β, a Scratch 2.0 Mod

i suggets add new block:
with use (vrt::grey )◄►{
move (vrt::grey) steps
}::grey
move(vrt::red) steps //variable not defined
stegozavr
Scratcher
16 posts

Blue 1.4β, a Scratch 2.0 Mod

(join with[,] in [list v]::#949400
Penguin5664
Scratcher
100+ posts

Blue 1.4β, a Scratch 2.0 Mod

stegozavr wrote:

i suggets add new block:
with use (vrt::grey )◄►{
move (vrt::grey) steps
}::grey
move(vrt::red) steps //variable not defined
That is, basically, this:
for each [v v] in (10) {
. . .
} :: control
Also learn to speak english, I didn't understood you at all.

My english is neither good but whatever XD

((づ。◕‿‿◕。::sensing)づ::sensing) // This is "Mini-Bloky". He protects my signature from the kumquats!
How many Block Requests we can get? Please request! Check @78ch3's Everything Shop, too!
when gf clicked :: #B46200
vector :: #C56B00
scratch :: #DA8B00
blocks! :: control
stegozavr
Scratcher
16 posts

Blue 1.4β, a Scratch 2.0 Mod

Penguin5664 wrote:

stegozavr wrote:

i suggets add new block:
with use (vrt::grey )◄►{
move (vrt::grey) steps
}::grey
move(vrt::red) steps //variable not defined
That is, basically, this:
for each [v v] in (10) {
. . .
} :: control
Also learn to speak english, I didn't understood you at all.

My english is neither good but whatever XD
No. This block define variables which active in this block
Penguin5664
Scratcher
100+ posts

Blue 1.4β, a Scratch 2.0 Mod

stegozavr wrote:

Penguin5664 wrote:

stegozavr wrote:

i suggets add new block:
with use (vrt::grey )◄►{
move (vrt::grey) steps
}::grey
move(vrt::red) steps //variable not defined
That is, basically, this:
for each [v v] in (10) {
. . .
} :: control
Also learn to speak english, I didn't understood you at all.

My english is neither good but whatever XD
No. This block define variables which active in this block
I dont get it…
It defines variables?

Fine then:

defin­e temporary variable [foo] to (0) :: custom stack

This is the only variable definer…

((づ。◕‿‿◕。::sensing)づ::sensing) // This is "Mini-Bloky". He protects my signature from the kumquats!
How many Block Requests we can get? Please request! Check @78ch3's Everything Shop, too!
when gf clicked :: #B46200
vector :: #C56B00
scratch :: #DA8B00
blocks! :: control
stegozavr
Scratcher
16 posts

Blue 1.4β, a Scratch 2.0 Mod

New blocks:
set item [1 v] of [list v] color to [#FA34FA]::list
(get locale variable [var v]::grey)
set locale variable [var v] to []::grey
(get color at item [1 v] of [list v]::list)
Penguin5664
Scratcher
100+ posts

Blue 1.4β, a Scratch 2.0 Mod

stegozavr wrote:

New blocks:
set item [1 v] of [list v] color to [#FA34FA]::list
(get locale variable [var v]::grey)
set locale variable [var v] to []::grey
(get color at item [1 v] of [list v]::list)
set item (1 v) of [list v] color to [#FA34FA]::list
Bad block idea, it just sets the color of the item of a list to whatever you want, not useful.


(get locale variable [var v]::grey)
set locale variable [var v] to []::grey

(get temporary variable [foo] :: custom reporter // These already exist.
de­fine temporary variable [foo] to (0) :: custom stack // These already exist.

Now with:
(get color at item (1 v) of [list v]::list)
Same as the first I mentioned, just gets the color of the item of the list. Not useful.

((づ。◕‿‿◕。::sensing)づ::sensing) // This is "Mini-Bloky". He protects my signature from the kumquats!
How many Block Requests we can get? Please request! Check @78ch3's Everything Shop, too!
when gf clicked :: #B46200
vector :: #C56B00
scratch :: #DA8B00
blocks! :: control
stegozavr
Scratcher
16 posts

Blue 1.4β, a Scratch 2.0 Mod


set item (1 v) of [list v] color to [#FA34FA]::list
(get color at item (1 v) of [list v]::list)

Last edited by stegozavr (June 27, 2017 10:58:28)

stegozavr
Scratcher
16 posts

Blue 1.4β, a Scratch 2.0 Mod

(key pressed::sensing)
(last message::events)
when i recieve (message name::events)::hat events
stegozavr
Scratcher
16 posts

Blue 1.4β, a Scratch 2.0 Mod

Music block

stop sound [meow v]::sound

pause sound [meow v]::sound

resume sound [meow v]::sound

toggle sound [meow v]::sound

when sound [meow v] done ::sound hat
stegozavr
Scratcher
16 posts

Blue 1.4β, a Scratch 2.0 Mod

move [list v] to x: () y: ()::list

set [var v] slider min: () max: ()::variables
stegozavr
Scratcher
16 posts

Blue 1.4β, a Scratch 2.0 Mod


when dialog button () click::hat #9AA658

when dialog confirmed ::hat #9AA658

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile