Discuss Scratch

Raihan142857
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Advanced Topics FAQ 2.0

“[bHow do I make a “bot” account?”
I think you forgot the ] and the closing [/b] tag.

I use scratch.
GF: I'll dump you. BF: hex dump or binary dump?

potatophant
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Raihan142857 wrote:

“[bHow do I make a “bot” account?”
I think you forgot the ] and the closing [/b] tag.
i think i might have.

BarelySmooth
Scratcher
1000+ posts

potatophant wrote:

JavaScript
HTML
CSS
You broke javascript

(referring to the tutorial link)

(This is my signature)

404. That's an error.

The requested signature was not found under this post.
That's all we want you to know.
Raihan142857
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Can you add “How can I set cloud variables with Python/JavaScript” to the FAQ and link the relevant topics?

I use scratch.

gosoccerboy5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Raihan142857 wrote:

Can you add “How can I set cloud variables with Python/JavaScript” to the FAQ and link the relevant topics?
+1. There are a lot of topics about that recently, and I'd like a reference for when I get interested in that

Kerbal Space Program!!!
potatophant
Scratcher
1000+ posts

gosoccerboy5 wrote:

Raihan142857 wrote:

+1. There are a lot of topics about that recently, and I'd like a reference for when I get interested in that
yes yes i can. i'll try and find a few, but could you link some?

Raihan142857
Scratcher
1000+ posts

potatophant wrote:

gosoccerboy5 wrote:

Raihan142857 wrote:

yes yes i can. i'll try and find a few, but could you link some?
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/506810

I use scratch.

NFlex23
Scratcher
500+ posts

potatophant wrote:

Remember to use proper grammar and formal language on this site, and remember that [X]HTML cannot be parsed with RegEx.
LOL nice!

King of excessively editing posts
NFlex23
••
Programmer | #TrustTheST

Math • Raspberry Pi • Python • GitHub

Ninetails: a private, fast, and beautiful web browser.
WorldHipHopBeats
Scratcher
7 posts

potatophant wrote:

This topic is an updated list of Frequently Asked Questions for the Advanced Topics (ATs).

Please visit this topic before asking questions here, and if you are new to the ATs.

The old AT FAQ can be found here.

ATs
Short for the Advanced Topics.

ATer
Someone who browses and actively posts in the ATs.

status
A “status” set on the website and forum tool Ocular. Ocular is often discussed and mentioned on the ATs and its official thread is here.

mod
A “fork” (modified version) of Scratch, such as TurboWarp. These allow you to do things with Scratch that you wouldn't normally be able to do.

GitHub
A website where you can share non-Scratch code in the form of Git repositories, which can be thought of as similar to Scratch projects. Lots of Scratch mods and external tools use GitHub for collaboration, backups, and hosting.

Replit
An online IDE (Integrated Development Environment) where you can edit and host code. Many Scratch mods are hosted using Replit, and many Scratchers use it for writing code.

BEsUP
Stands for Browser Extension/Userscript Policy, which was initially announced here, basically meaning that you aren't allowed to say the names of or advertise browser extensions or post userscripts on Scratch. A lot of AT'ers use a Scratch-related browser extension which will often be referred to as “nono word”, “SA”, or “Scratch A*****”.

No one notices my posts, what should I do?
It's advised to follow the Scratch Etiquette relatively well when posting on the ATs. Try to keep good spelling and understandable grammar, and don't spam. Remember to stay on topic, and to post about Scratch modding, rvm external programs that can be used to interact with Scratch, and in lots of cases, other similar “advanced” topics.

How do I make a “bot” account?
Making a bot account or using Scratch social interactions with an automated program such as a bot, isn't allowed. Don't ask how to create one, since your topic will be dustbinned.

How can I change cloud variables externally using Node.js or Python?
There are various Node.js and Python libraries that help you do this, including scratch-api for Node.js and scratchclient for Python. A guide on how to use scratchclient can be found here.

I need some technical help.
If you think you've found a bug or glitch relating to Scratch, post about it here. If you can't figure out how to do something with one of your projects, ask here. If your problem is related to Scratch modding or a similar “advanced” part of Scratch, then you can ask it here!

If your problem is related to something beyond Scratch, please ask it on Stack Overflow, a community of experienced developers that will help fix your issue. Remember to use proper grammar and formal language on this site, and remember that [X]HTML cannot be parsed with RegEx.

What programming language should I learn?

How can I “hack” Scratch projects?

How do I convert Scratch projects to .exe or other formats?

How do I get started modding Scratch 3.0?

Where can I learn…

JavaScript
HTML
CSS
Python
C#
C++

Inspiration for the top banner from 9gr

I very much appreciate the terminology section in your post

Scratchin' since 2012. I recommend: Star Maze Adventure | Free Instrumentals
MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Where can I learn…

JavaScript
HTML
CSS
Python
C#
C++

Inspiration for the top banner from 9gr
The ‘javascript’ link is invalid. its https://javascript.info/ not https://javascript.info,

Last edited by MagicCrayon9342 (Oct. 16, 2021 17:18:41)

Tired of the mainstream browsers being so darn slow, taking so much RAM on your super old laptop. Well, Catalyst is the solution. It is a zero compromise browser that will run on anything! Available for Windows, MacOS, and Linux! It is super fast and customizable with a fresh and modern UI!!!.

Always use the latest version of an antivirus. To get the latest security and protection, it is also recommended to use the latest version of MacOS or one that get's security patches. Update your software or you will regret it, and you will have several risks waiting for you.

MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Click to go to the directory post itself

Last edited by MagicCrayon9342 (Oct. 17, 2021 19:03:30)

Tired of the mainstream browsers being so darn slow, taking so much RAM on your super old laptop. Well, Catalyst is the solution. It is a zero compromise browser that will run on anything! Available for Windows, MacOS, and Linux! It is super fast and customizable with a fresh and modern UI!!!.

Always use the latest version of an antivirus. To get the latest security and protection, it is also recommended to use the latest version of MacOS or one that get's security patches. Update your software or you will regret it, and you will have several risks waiting for you.

Vaibhs11
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Socialix wrote:

how about c++, why do we learn a piano/guitar note instead
>:‌(

Last edited by Vaibhs11 (Nov. 30, 2021 07:01:21)

“la la la I'm in a forest”

Oh you don't know what this is? Project EmoDjiango; Created by @lolecksdeehaha, Project EmoDjiango is trying to recreate and host into current forum-style emojis for everyone to use. Contribute now!

small island, stronk population
potatophant
Scratcher
1000+ posts

more like c bad version

endermaster3690
Scratcher
62 posts

so can i ask if scratch 1.4 is still secure?

Ender's Reactor Core Spaceship (ERCS), my most viewed project as of the start of 2022, since a time very near release
Games of Glory, my friend's studio
Go to my friends profiles: Signature updated Dec/24/2021 12:46 PM CST
  • @kevinW1's friend list thing is orange
when [someone v] says [Black lives matter] :: events hat
say [I agree]

when variable [var v] reaches [10] :: hat variables
My name is Jeff! :: events hat
*v* :: #999900 cap // mah name is jeff
-ElectronicArts-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

endermaster3690 wrote:

so can i ask if scratch 1.4 is still secure?
yes

AT is cool