Discuss Scratch

kccuber
Scratcher
1000+ posts

the new scratch-www studio page

DragonHeart_DaAlt wrote:

Its not helping anyone and you/scratch team are making it a pain.
jeffalo is not making it a pain

Made using Nord Theme & Inkscape
dhuls
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DragonHeart_DaAlt wrote:

Its not helping anyone and you/scratch team are making it a pain.
The guy who posted the first reply to the update, having it be critical, is the one making it a pain?

Completely backwards.
9pfs
Scratcher
100+ posts

Jeffalo wrote:

dhuls wrote:

Jeffalo wrote:

(note that for scratch legal reasons i no longer agree with any of the statements in this post and i'm just sharing for historic purposes)
What Scratch legal issues? Censorship?
yeah
Censorship needs to stop. If it doesn't, something has to change. I'm running a projects.scratch.mit.edu query using fetch() , I'll give the results soon. Let's see how bad this is.

Update to Chrome 98 immediately More info

topic/571765 MUST be apologized for.
Turns out, it was!!!

sharkode
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Paddle2See wrote:

(#2392)

xX_Unreal_Cool_Xx wrote:

potatophant wrote:

scratchusername40 wrote:

Plus, the scratch team literally owns scratch. They can do WHATEVER they want.
they can, but on the other hand if people don't like it then they can complain.
according to the scratch team no we can't complain, we just have to “get used to it” even though some people have conditions that make them feel overwhelmed and stressed out just by looking at the new studio layout, because everything is so huge and saturated, and they cannot get used to it, and even if you don't have these conditions, it can still hurt your eyes trying to focus on it for those same reasons. take a look at scratch 3.0 reception, many people still hate the initial 3.0 layout from a while back, and some have actually left scratch from it and haven't come back, so in some cases people just cannot get used to it, but the scratch team doesn't care, they're probably just gonna ban everyone who tries to get it reverted to the old layout, or even to a different layout since the old layout is now never coming back. and that's not even getting into the new limitations on studios
I'm not sure where you are getting your information - but a lot of it is wrong. We do care. We are interested in hearing actionable suggestions from people that truly still find the design overwhelming. Please direct folks to use the Suggestions area for feedback in that area.
If you care then why aren't you fixing all the issues? Just saying “yes I care about site experience for our users”, and proceeds to go away and do nothing about it is basically the same as not caring.

>>>This suggestion could end mass reporting.<<<
=======================================================================================
Common forum languages (highlight this text and click shift+down arrow for more):
  • Support - Means someone supports a suggestion, make sure to say the reason when you are supporting a suggestion.
  • No support - Means someone don't support a suggestion, while it may sound a little mean, it's actually not as not everybody have to support the suggestion you purposed.
  • Bump - Bumping is a method of bringing a topic back to the front page.
  • Necroposting - Means bringing an old, dead, topic that nobody cares about back to life, necroposting comes from the greek word “nekros” meaning “corpse”, necroposting is prohibited as it wastes front page space.
  • Ocular - A website that allows you to search forum posts.
  • Dupe/duplicate - Posts that suggests the same thing, it's a good idea to use Ocular.
  • ST - Is short for Scratch Team, the moderators on this site.
  • ToS - Is short for Terms of Use, a bunch of legal jargon and stuffs like that.
  • TOLoRS - Is short for The Official List of Rejected Suggestions, it's always a good idea to read it before making a suggestion.
  • Kaj - A user who threatened to hack Scratch, he later became a legend and people often joked about him hacking posts.
MatPong3
Scratcher
46 posts

Maximouse wrote:

CST1229 wrote:

https://github.com/LLK/scratch-www/pull/6233

www profiles coming soon?!?!?
scratch-www already contains integration tests for My Stuff and Statistics pages, so I don't think that means they're working on a new profile page.
That's interesting, but i will miss the old page.

A man has fallen in the river in lego city, here is some things to do:
when green flag clicked
if (pick random (1) to (10)) then
pen up
and destroy the world
forever
play sound [BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA v]
end
end