Discuss Scratch

DigiTechs
Scratcher
500+ posts

Panther doesn't work on Debian Wheezy?

So I tried running Scratch on Debian Wheezy, and it worked fine. Since I like Panther, I got that and put it in the same directory as the Scratch image (/usr/share/scratch) - but when I try and run it, all I get is a black screen from Squeak. My guess is that Panther is trying to use something I don't have and it isn't working because of that?

I do, in fact, have my own site; it's here.
I'm also working on a thing called Fetch. Look at it here!
@thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain.
GeonoTRON2000
Scratcher
100+ posts

DigiTechs wrote:

So I tried running Scratch on Debian Wheezy, and it worked fine. Since I like Panther, I got that and put it in the same directory as the Scratch image (/usr/share/scratch) - but when I try and run it, all I get is a black screen from Squeak. My guess is that Panther is trying to use something I don't have and it isn't working because of that?
Try running it in a console and post the output.
DigiTechs
Scratcher
500+ posts

GeonoTRON2000 wrote:

DigiTechs wrote:

Try running it in a console and post the output.
I'm currently on windows, but I'm pretty sure when I did that it complained about there not being a valid output device - but this was also using the scratch image and squeak on it's own, so I really don't know.

@thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain.
Magnie
Scratcher
100+ posts

Have you tried following this tutorial? http://pantherprogramming.weebly.com/panther-on-ubuntu.html It should be the same since Ubuntu is Debian underneath.

▴ ▾ ▴ Macbook Pro 13" 2015 i5-5257U 8GB RAM - MacOS Sierra - Vivaldi v1.7 ▴ ▾ ▴
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, those who don't, and those who know ternary.
DigiTechs
Scratcher
500+ posts

Magnie wrote:

Have you tried following this tutorial? http://pantherprogramming.weebly.com/panther-on-ubuntu.html It should be the same since Ubuntu is Debian underneath.
Oh, I didn't even notice that existed!

Magnie
Scratcher
100+ posts

DigiTechs wrote:

Magnie wrote:

It should work for all mods (1.4). Did it work for you?

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, those who don't, and those who know ternary.
DigiTechs
Scratcher
500+ posts

Magnie wrote:

DigiTechs wrote:

Magnie wrote:

I'll probably sound like an idiot, but I haven't actually tried it yet - I was just curious as to why it didn't work at the time. But now that I know how to do it, I'll try it when I'm next in Debian.

Magnie
Scratcher
100+ posts

DigiTechs wrote:

Magnie wrote:

DigiTechs wrote:

Magnie wrote:

I'll probably sound like an idiot, but I haven't actually tried it yet - I was just curious as to why it didn't work at the time. But now that I know how to do it, I'll try it when I'm next in Debian.
Okay, just curious. Tell me how to works out when you do. (Comment preferably since it's easier to check those)