Discuss Scratch

zedthehedgehog
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Meower - A Social Media Platform - BETA 5 IS HERE!

So… Has a logo been decided yet?

highlight + ctrl/ + shift + down | my website: zed2345.com | cool collab: meower | vividly visual vector art shop: the vvv

RwPrajHsX7hhePpPzgaY1G4HSyGqO9kOb0sG6F/aKB+7gTqVdb/nNGaYnwZPV0zT somerandomcharactersthatwillbepickedupbysearchengines RwPrajHsX7hhePpPzgaY1G4HSyGqO9kOb0sG6F/aKB+7gTqVdb/nNGaYnwZPV0zT somerandomcharactersthatwillbepickedupbysearchengines RwPrajHsX7hhePpPzgaY1G4HSyGqO9kOb0sG6F/aKB+7gTqVdb/nNGaYnwZPV0zT ellipsepostpianolizard ellipsepostpianolizard somerandomcharactersthatwillbepickedupbysearchengines ellipsepostpianolizard ellipsepostpianolizard ellipsepostpianolizard RwPrajHsX7hhePpPzgaY1G4HSyGqO9kOb0sG6F/aKB+7gTqVdb/nNGaYnwZPV0zT ellipsepostpianolizard ellipsepostpianolizard ellipsepostpianolizard ellipsepostpianolizard ellipsepostpianolizard somerandomcharactersthatwillbepickedupbysearchengines somerandomcharactersthatwillbepickedupbysearchengines somerandomcharactersthatwillbepickedupbysearchengines somerandomcharactersthatwillbepickedupbysearchengines
KSK_games
Scratcher
40 posts

zedthehedgehog wrote:

So… Has a logo been decided yet?
Don't you dare bring this topic!!! It isn't going to end well…

Hi I am Kacper. The one and only guy managing KSK_games account.
Working on KeyOS when I feel to. (Coming not soon) When it will be finished it will be great, you will see…
My other account is @koperek_polska
if <focused> then
broadcast [everything]
end
-ThinkArtTV-
Scratcher
45 posts

silvxrcat wrote:

zedthehedgehog wrote:

silvxrcat wrote:

sorry for the uncalled hiatus.

i've just been really busy with school and fixing mistakes in my life.

though, i was doing a bit of stuff on my test account.
I have a lot of mistakes in my life…
haha, same.

also, i have a really cool text file, over 100,000 words. found it randomly. sending once i transfer it from another device.

you are not the only one
ToastersUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

sorry for being inactive here.

Hello there
Catholic but i don't really believe in religion
Just found out (updated (almost) daily):
Namesnipes probably take up more than half of scratch's userbase
silvxrcat
Scratcher
500+ posts

ToastersUnited wrote:

it's accepted here

zedthehedgehog
Scratcher
1000+ posts

silvxrcat wrote:

ToastersUnited wrote:

it's accepted here
it's like

really accepted

go on a 5-year hiatus, no one cares because meower's development team and work is all over the place

highlight + ctrl/ + shift + down | my website: zed2345.com | cool collab: meower | vividly visual vector art shop: the vvv

RwPrajHsX7hhePpPzgaY1G4HSyGqO9kOb0sG6F/aKB+7gTqVdb/nNGaYnwZPV0zT somerandomcharactersthatwillbepickedupbysearchengines RwPrajHsX7hhePpPzgaY1G4HSyGqO9kOb0sG6F/aKB+7gTqVdb/nNGaYnwZPV0zT somerandomcharactersthatwillbepickedupbysearchengines RwPrajHsX7hhePpPzgaY1G4HSyGqO9kOb0sG6F/aKB+7gTqVdb/nNGaYnwZPV0zT ellipsepostpianolizard ellipsepostpianolizard somerandomcharactersthatwillbepickedupbysearchengines ellipsepostpianolizard ellipsepostpianolizard ellipsepostpianolizard RwPrajHsX7hhePpPzgaY1G4HSyGqO9kOb0sG6F/aKB+7gTqVdb/nNGaYnwZPV0zT ellipsepostpianolizard ellipsepostpianolizard ellipsepostpianolizard ellipsepostpianolizard ellipsepostpianolizard somerandomcharactersthatwillbepickedupbysearchengines somerandomcharactersthatwillbepickedupbysearchengines somerandomcharactersthatwillbepickedupbysearchengines somerandomcharactersthatwillbepickedupbysearchengines
MikeDEV
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Here's just a quick note for the current development state of Meower, as well as a few things I'd like to mention going forward in this collab thread.

1. If it wasn't obvious, I've been posting less and less, which is partially my fault, and I apologize. My last year of high school has been very demanding recently, and I've been running into the issue of having less and less time to work on Meower. If Scratch (or modded editors) supported multi-user editing functionality, I would've published a build by now and asked for more code help, but unfortunately, it's a very slow, linear, and monolithic development process. Turbowarp's customization features help, but this lack of real-time editing and reviewing functionality harms development time. Because of how much I've got on my hands, I find myself burning out quickly. I really love the Meower project, but this development nightmare is wearing me out.

2. Also, because of the new dependency upon CloudDisk, I would like to see who would be interested in being a whitehat hacker for a little while to do some security tests on the service prior to deployment. Simply let me know if you're interested and you will be provided with a CloudLink server URL to run brute-force tests on. CloudAccount authentication + session tokens are required for functionality, so that will also be an option to brute-force infiltration test on.

3. I've seen some suggestions on improving the chat system on Meower, and while I do like the idea of having a more “autocorrect”-Esque design I don't think the ST would like that sort. Let me know what you think beforehand for future improvements to the chat UI/UX.

4. I'm thinking of creating another version of Meower using Flask and CloudLink, but I also know that Meower+ is a thing, so I'd like to hear your feedback.

5. Speaking of projects like Meower+, any new development on our sister projects should be reported immediately here. I'd also like to talk about unifying server storage by using CloudDisk for Meower, Meower+, Yoom, etc.

6. I've heard no development on Woofer, so I'm going to assume the plugins project is dead.

7. While I do like people trying to keep the thread alive and active whilst I'm away at school or working on Meower, I'd really prefer if we were to stay on topic. If I were to create some sort of offtopic section for Meower, would you all like to use that? I really think that people are starting to get annoyed with constant off-topic updates from this thread.

8. Not only because of unanimous approval (and because I didn't really like making another purely text-based logo) Meower Media Co., will be going with @zedthehedgehog's logo. This change will be in effect after Beta 4.5 is published. But before implementation, I advise doing some finishing touches. Zed, if you can, please make the M in the logo more stylized to look like one of the meower cats, if not, let me know.

9. Meower is NOT dead, and no matter what anyone says about it, we must refuse to let them get to us

10. We have yet to determine whether or not it's safe to publish to native Scratch. It's still a risk since we're technically not fully approved by the ST. I really don't want to get the project killed because of some insignificant flaw, so we should start talking about this.

I have left Scratch! Goodbye everyone, I'll remember you all in therapy.
If you want to ever get in contact with me again, please visit my Github instead.
Also, if you need to, you can contact me via Meower. You'll know where to look.
zedthehedgehog
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MikeDEV wrote:

8. Not only because of unanimous approval (and because I didn't really like making another purely text-based logo) Meower Media Co., will be going with @zedthehedgehog's logo. This change will be in effect after Beta 4.5 is published. But before implementation, I advise doing some finishing touches. Zed, if you can, please make the M in the logo more stylized to look like one of the meower cats, if not, let me know.
Will do.

Actually, I forgot what the mascots looked like so could you send an image for reference.

Last edited by zedthehedgehog (Oct. 20, 2021 01:35:22)

MikeDEV
Scratcher
1000+ posts

zedthehedgehog wrote:

MikeDEV wrote:

Will do.

Actually, I forgot what the mascots looked like so could you send an image for reference.

Kewl, here's a pic of Meowy (current unofficial name of the mascot)

If you want to ever get in contact with me again, please visit my Github instead.
Pixelation-Creations
Scratcher
500+ posts

MikeDEV wrote:

stuff
ok, so
1) Yes, i know the feeling.
2) For sure! I want to!
3) –
4) No
8) Yay!
Also, I am working on a for of Meower designed specifically for Collaboration, so could you publish just ☁ code to a repo or somthin'

Ctrl+shift+down arrow for more!
The road to 1000 posts!
0 ▒ ▒ ▒ ▒ ▒ ▒ ▒ ▒ ▒ ▒ ▒ ▒ ▒ ▒ ▒ ▒ ▒ ▒ ▒ ▒1000
702/1000
18,304 Forum Clout!

Hi! I'm PC, a dev and artist. I like using cloud to build advanced and functional projects like HazelnutOS and a fork of Meower SSM that is targeted specifically at collaboration between Scratchers.
Voxalice
Scratcher
100+ posts

MikeDEV wrote:

Because of how much I've got on my hands, I find myself burning out quickly. I love the Meower project, but this development nightmare is wearing me out.
If you need a break, feel free to take it. A lot of us have probably experienced burnout before, so we understand.
I want to see who's interested in being a whitehat hacker to do some security tests on the service before deployment.
I'm interested and believe I can help out with that.
If I create an off-topic section for Meower, would you like to use that? I really think that people are starting to get annoyed with constant off-topic updates from this thread.
Absolutely. It seems like we need that at this point

–––––––––––––––––––––––––
(click to give me an internet) (100 / 200)

RwPrajHsX7hhePpPzgaY1G4HSyGqO9kOb0sG6F/aKB+7gTqVdb/nNGaYnwZPV0zT RwPrajHsX7hhePpPzgaY1G4HSyGqO9kOb0sG6F/aKB+7gTqVdb/nNGaYnwZPV0zT ellipsepostpianolizard ellipsepostpianolizard somerandomcharactersthatwillbepickedupbysearchengines 1GErVELk2hM2WBK3TawRLR7AkV7SxyBSK6 1GErVELk2hM2WBK3TawRLR7AkV7SxyBSK6 RwPrajHsX7hhePpPzgaY1G4HSyGqO9kOb0sG6F/aKB+7gTqVdb/nNGaYnwZPV0zT ellipsepostpianolizard ellipsepostpianolizard ellipsepostpianolizard somerandomcharactersthatwillbepickedupbysearchengines 1GErVELk2hM2WBK3TawRLR7AkV7SxyBSK6 somerandomcharactersthatwillbepickedupbysearchengines cdn2/get_image/project/414762739_9000x7200.png don't mind me, just keyword stuffing.
DaCatBlock
Scratcher
100+ posts

MikeDEV wrote:

I really love the Meower project, but this development nightmare is wearing me out.
Mike, just remember that your mental and physical health is far more important than this project. I understand the feeling you have, and it haunts you all the time. If you need to take a break, or leave entirely, you should. I’m not encouraging you to give up, but seriously: don’t ruin your experiences on scratch by trying to fill the shoes of 10 people. Do what you love because you want to do it

A box of the finest bread and check out my Minecraft YouTube Channel
zedthehedgehog
Scratcher
1000+ posts

A revised version of the revised version of my original logo, and if you click it you'll get the PXZ file, which can be opened in Pixlr X.

Made the ears smaller, and added a mouth.

I also made the M look more like the font's M.

If you need just the M

Last edited by zedthehedgehog (Oct. 20, 2021 12:14:06)

MikeDEV
Scratcher
1000+ posts

zedthehedgehog wrote:

A revised version of the revised version of my original logo, and if you click it you'll get the PXZ file, which can be opened in Pixlr X.

If you need just the M

Better, thank you.

zedthehedgehog
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MikeDEV wrote:

zedthehedgehog wrote:

If you need just the M

Better, thank you.
No problem!

zedthehedgehog
Scratcher
1000+ posts

[URL=https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/508318/][IMG]https://u.cubeupload.com/zedthehedgehog/CopyofCABLES.gif[/IMG][/URL]

New banner, now with grammar!

Also about Woofer, I wasn't making any updates as I wanted Meower to focus on the more important side of things, like getting Meower up and running, than focusing on some plug-ins.

Also, Meower Web has been dead for almost a year now.. Not sure when that's coming back.

Last edited by zedthehedgehog (Oct. 20, 2021 13:21:45)

ATJAT
Scratcher
97 posts

zedthehedgehog wrote:

Nice! Using it right now!

Last edited by ATJAT (Oct. 20, 2021 13:10:51)

Select anything here and use the cursor keys to see more!

zedthehedgehog
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ATJAT wrote:

zedthehedgehog wrote:

Nice! Using it right now!
Oh, hold on, delete the “?page=171#post-5712640” in the hyperlink please.

MikeDEV
Scratcher
1000+ posts

zedthehedgehog wrote:

[URL=https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/508318/][IMG]https://u.cubeupload.com/zedthehedgehog/CopyofCABLES.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Also about Woofer, I wasn't making any updates as I wanted Meower to focus on the more important side of things, like getting Meower up and running, than focusing on some plug-ins.

Also, Meower Web has been dead for almost a year now.. Not sure when that's coming back.

I don't even remember what Meower web was lol

Again, new branding will take effect in beta 4.5

zedthehedgehog
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MikeDEV wrote:

Again, new branding will take effect in beta 4.5
Alright!