Discuss Scratch

Instructive
Scratcher
65 posts

ScratchMMO

ScratchMMO Is Dead

I am so sorry to those who worked so hard on this project for about a month now. Team members were getting anxious when I wan't showing much activity on Scratch, and I apologize. I have a lot going on right now. Thank you, all of you, that worked with me. You are all great Scratchers, and I hope you all continue to work on your own projects. My apologies go out to…

the_pumpkin_pi
Icey29
as71032
EdenStudio
xsnail
Flocon-Sugar
QuillzToxic

If anyone would like to take the project on themselves, go right ahead! Thank you all, and maybe we will work together again some time.

Last edited by Instructive (Oct. 4, 2014 16:54:52)

Instructive
Let's just make some games
TorvaGaming
Scratcher
1 post

ScratchMMO

The best MMO games I have played are: Runescape.com and Eldevin.com/hunted cow
as71032
Scratcher
71 posts

ScratchMMO

Can I be a scripter.

I have already started creating an MMO, I will send the link as soon as I fix a few bugs with Online users and Time.

when green flag clicked
forever

say [Happy Scratching]
end
xsnail
Scratcher
90 posts

ScratchMMO

I would like to help because I never heard of a huge mmo made by one person, it would be difficult
Maybe I can do some scripts, and ideas.
I'm active.

the_pumpkin_pi
Scratcher
100+ posts

ScratchMMO

Say why you would like to help out: I want to help out because i am the developer of MMO_RPGs using Java and you are a member of my collab so i want to help you out because of that Too!!

Describe how you can help out: I am good with cloud safe chat,cloud multeyplayer games and cloud storage save.

And if you will be active with the project: I will make sure that the people that play are nice and do not hack( Look at the
code and find out how to use an admins acount). And i will add in privite servers, Server commands(For admins and privite server hosts)
. I am trying to get the bigest scratch gaming community and this would help!

My browser / operating system: MacOS Macintosh X, Safari 5.0, Flash 10.1 (release 999)
My browser / operating system: MacOS Macintosh X, Safari 5.0, Flash 10.1 (release 999)

I am opening the scratch realms cloud server!
Realms is a cloud server which allows people to make fun mini-games and costom rooms and characters!
I will do all of the jobs!
#Lol
@mchammertime.com

Last edited by the_pumpkin_pi (Aug. 29, 2014 17:48:38)

IN IT TO WIN IT!

Icey29
Scratcher
500+ posts

ScratchMMO

I'd love to help you with Graphics design. I'm still practicing, of course, but I can draw all the Scratch Characters well in bitmap and I would be willing to do animations for them as well.
I can do vector or bitmap animations, but Bitmap would be faster producible and I have more experience with it. I'm not very good at backgrounds, but I can help with buttons and such!
I am extremely active on Scratch 0.0;

I hope you will let me join in this amazing collab!
the_pumpkin_pi
Scratcher
100+ posts

ScratchMMO

This is what im talking about.
I love mmorpgs and there are not that much on scratch.

IN IT TO WIN IT!

Instructive
Scratcher
65 posts

ScratchMMO

Icey29 wrote:

I'd love to help you with Graphics design. I'm still practicing, of course, but I can draw all the Scratch Characters well in bitmap and I would be willing to do animations for them as well.
I can do vector or bitmap animations, but Bitmap would be faster producible and I have more experience with it. I'm not very good at backgrounds, but I can help with buttons and such!

Could you send me some art? I like bitmap, but it has to be 8-bit or 16-bit. Thanks, and I can say that I would be glad to let you on board, I just need to see some art samples. Tell your friends about ScratchMMO!

Instructive
Instructive
Scratcher
65 posts

ScratchMMO

the_pumpkin_pi wrote:

Say why you would like to help out: I want to help out because i am the developer of MMO_RPGs using Java and you are a member of my collab so i want to help you out because of that Too!!

Describe how you can help out: I am good with cloud safe chat,cloud multeyplayer games and cloud storage save.

And if you will be active with the project: I will make sure that the people that play are nice and do not hack( Look at the
code and find out how to use an admins acount). And i will add in privite servers, Server commands(For admins and privite server hosts)
. I am trying to get the bigest scratch gaming community and this would help!

I am opening the scratch realms cloud server!
Realms is a cloud server which allows people to make fun mini-games and costom rooms and characters!
I will do all of the jobs!
#Lol
@mchammertime.com

Great, I need someone doing cloud data and such. A basic server and multiplayer platform for the game to run on would be fantastic! You're on board! I'll let you know when I need something done for the game. In the meantime, just keep messing around with cloud variables, and tell me your results. Thanks! And tell your friends about ScratchMMO, we need more team members!

Instructive
Instructive
Scratcher
65 posts

ScratchMMO

as71032 wrote:

Can I be a scripter.

I have already started creating an MMO, I will send the link as soon as I fix a few bugs with Online users and Time.

Great! Do you think you would like to help us out too? If so, just ask me!

Instructive
Instructive
Scratcher
65 posts

ScratchMMO

xsnail wrote:

I would like to help because I never heard of a huge mmo made by one person, it would be difficult
I'm active.

Great! We always need ideas or beta testers. If you have a particular skill, then tell me, and I can see what job you can get!

Instructive
Icey29
Scratcher
500+ posts

ScratchMMO

Instructive wrote:

Icey29 wrote:

Could you send me some art? I like bitmap, but it has to be 8-bit or 16-bit. Thanks, and I can say that I would be glad to let you on board, I just need to see some art samples. Tell your friends about ScratchMMO!

So you mean Video game sprite like? I'll give you a link in this post when I finish an example of Scratch Cat and Giga.
Icey29
Scratcher
500+ posts

ScratchMMO

http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/26076276/

Just Scratch Cat.
It's not 8BIT or 16BIT, it's more of an example of my basic Scratch cat.

I can still draw it more like the original…

Whether I get in or not- I hope this collab works out. Good luck!
EdenStudio
Scratcher
100+ posts

ScratchMMO

My skills are very limited on scripting, but i can offer some voice acting and a logo for ScratchMMO (already did it)

xsnail
Scratcher
90 posts

ScratchMMO

Instructive wrote:

xsnail wrote:

I'm active.

Great! We always need ideas or beta testers. If you have a particular skill, then tell me, and I can see what job you can get!

Beta testing? I could do that. I am currently an alpha tester for Vector World.

Icey29
Scratcher
500+ posts

ScratchMMO

EdenStudio wrote:

My skills are very limited on scripting, but i can offer some voice acting and a logo for ScratchMMO (already did it)

That looks awesome
EdenStudio
Scratcher
100+ posts

ScratchMMO

Icey29 wrote:

EdenStudio wrote:

That looks awesome
Thanks!

Even though the project looks good, i think it will be too big or too hard to comprehend for the programmers, so how are you guys gonna manage it?

as71032
Scratcher
71 posts

ScratchMMO

Instructive wrote:

as71032 wrote:

Can I be a scripter.

Great! Do you think you would like to help us out too? If so, just ask me!

Ok, I haven't finished my MMO yet but can I help with cloud variables.

when green flag clicked
forever

say [Happy Scratching]
end
Instructive
Scratcher
65 posts

ScratchMMO

Icey29 wrote:

http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/26076276/

Just Scratch Cat.
It's not 8BIT or 16BIT, it's more of an example of my basic Scratch cat.

I can still draw it more like the original…

Whether I get in or not- I hope this collab works out. Good luck!

Great drawing! I have an idea, though. I would like you to keep drawing in bitmap, and then I will convert it to a vector traced image, making it look smoother, so when the game is in play, the graphics will be smooth, and appealing to the eye. Tell me your thoughts, and I will get an example image of what I am talking about as soon as I can. Welcome to the team!

Instructive
Instructive
Scratcher
65 posts

ScratchMMO

EdenStudio wrote:

We won't be needing any voices, but that logo looks great! Thanks, and I'll keep you posted on ScratchMMO news, and put you on the team. I may need you for more logos and such. Thanks!

Instructive