Scratcher
56 posts

Super Smash Brothers Ultimate

CaptainVictoria wrote:

wutais_girl wrote:

CaptainVictoria wrote:

wutais_girl wrote:

TheOneSage wrote:

random question but has anyone read any Super Smash Bros. Ultimate fanfiction?
Yeah. A friend of mine wrote it and I offered to read it. Apparently the fic was about our friends somehow teleporting into the SSBU universe and how we controlled the bodies of some of the characters in-game. Think of Jumanji, basically. I feel kinda bad for him, because he has helicopter parents who never really let him go out with his friends, making him write… that.
This is by far one of the best examples of a fanfiction I've seen.
Dude that’s barely scratching the surface. He’s a big fan of Final Fantasy (and likewise, I have Yuffie as my pfp lol) so he inserted a whole Cloud vs. Sephiroth fight into the fic too. I just so happened to be Sephiroth XD
Sweeeet. That's my kind of fanfic. Are there more fights?
Sorry for the late response. Yes, but not as detailed as the Cloud and Seph fight. The chapter was based off the fight both the characters had in Advent Children, but not with the original dialogue. Just imagine Sephiroth telling Cloud to “stop fighting” and “I don’t want to do this…” while he tries to parry his attacks. Also, Sephiroth just lies on the ground with his one wing totally damaged with no feathers at the end of the fight. There was also a R.O.B. vs. Bowser fight, and a Min Min vs. (F) Byleth fight. I’m pretty sure there’s a few more but that’s all I can think of at the top of my head lol.

This used to be a rp account but at this point idk.
CaptainVictoria
Scratcher
1000+ posts

wutais_girl wrote:

CaptainVictoria wrote:

wutais_girl wrote:

CaptainVictoria wrote:

wutais_girl wrote:

TheOneSage wrote:

Yeah. A friend of mine wrote it and I offered to read it. Apparently the fic was about our friends somehow teleporting into the SSBU universe and how we controlled the bodies of some of the characters in-game. Think of Jumanji, basically. I feel kinda bad for him, because he has helicopter parents who never really let him go out with his friends, making him write… that.
Dude that’s barely scratching the surface. He’s a big fan of Final Fantasy (and likewise, I have Yuffie as my pfp lol) so he inserted a whole Cloud vs. Sephiroth fight into the fic too. I just so happened to be Sephiroth XD
Sorry for the late response. Yes, but not as detailed as the Cloud and Seph fight. The chapter was based off the fight both the characters had in Advent Children, but not with the original dialogue. Just imagine Sephiroth telling Cloud to “stop fighting” and “I don’t want to do this…” while he tries to parry his attacks. Also, Sephiroth just lies on the ground with his one wing totally damaged with no feathers at the end of the fight. There was also a R.O.B. vs. Bowser fight, and a Min Min vs. (F) Byleth fight. I’m pretty sure there’s a few more but that’s all I can think of at the top of my head lol.
R.O.B. Vs. Bowser unironically sounds goated. Lol but so does everything else. He sounds like a good writer.

You? Nibelheim!! Me? G O N G A G A ! !

I'm a Final Fantasy and Ace Attorney fan, though I've never played FF for myself.
Call me a geek or a weeb, whatever. Because I'm proud of it.
Transformers especially I've looked at the Wiki so many times, I'll get into the entire lore, yes… I'm that person.

I'm told I'm very good at recreating characters from my fandoms (which I'm kind of closed off from…)
Anyhoo, here are some of my best models.

AA:
Miles Edgeworth
Klavier Gavin
Gregory Edgeworth
Godot
My AA RP.

The entire collection of character models…

Gregory looks cool and objects my posts from kumquats.
TheOneSage
Scratcher
100+ posts

wutais_girl wrote:

CaptainVictoria wrote:

wutais_girl wrote:

CaptainVictoria wrote:

wutais_girl wrote:

TheOneSage wrote:

are there any fights with other dlc fighters?

Sage || I have a YT channel that I may or may not post on
when green flag clicked
she/her
cisgender angled aro/ace tomboy
say [I fangirl over videogames I don't have]
forever
question my existence
end
wutais_girl
Scratcher
56 posts

CaptainVictoria wrote:

R.O.B. Vs. Bowser unironically sounds goated. Lol but so does everything else. He sounds like a good writer.
I’ll tell him that lol. His writing skills aren’t as good as actual novel writing, but it’s the effort that counts. I can’t really say that tho since I don’t even write myself haha

TheOneSage wrote:

are there any fights with other dlc fighters?
Sorry for repeating myself, but the ones I listed are the ones on the top of my head rn. I’ll have to check.

GUYWHOLOVESCODE
Scratcher
500+ posts

I'm trying to get my sister back into Smash Bros. She loves using Lucina but hasn't passed the smash stick spam phase yet and isn't comfortable edge guarding. I think I can figure out how to teach her air attacks and whatnot, but what should I do to help her learn just how potent Lucina's offstage game is and how to utilize it?

Edit: I have verbally told her Lucina can be an edge guarding maniac, she just doesn't believe me and hasn't tried to test. And yes, I will tell her to change it to tilts eventually.
2nd Edit: Nevermind, I decided I know how I will teach her. Stage builder's hazards will work great.
3RD Edit: I made the stage, and that fanfic y'all are talking about sounds really cool
4TH Edit: I used a custom stage to teach her Lucina's air attacks and whatnot but it seems I was going too fast, as her main takeaway was how to double jump

Last edited by GUYWHOLOVESCODE (May 27, 2024 23:23:13)

For the love of everything, please snip quotes down to only the part you're responding to, it's painful to read excessively nested quotes.
Hey, I'm actually active in the forums again! Woo!
If a post is too long for you to read, link it on my profile and I'll do my best to paraphrase.
I have a pretty “3D” project
TheOneSage
Scratcher
100+ posts

*drops this and runs*

when green flag clicked
she/her
forever
question my existence
end
NotYourTypicalBean
Scratcher
100+ posts

GUYWHOLOVESCODE wrote:

I'm trying to get my sister back into Smash Bros. She loves using Lucina but hasn't passed the smash stick spam phase yet and isn't comfortable edge guarding. I think I can figure out how to teach her air attacks and whatnot, but what should I do to help her learn just how potent Lucina's offstage game is and how to utilize it?

Edit: I have verbally told her Lucina can be an edge guarding maniac, she just doesn't believe me and hasn't tried to test. And yes, I will tell her to change it to tilts eventually.
2nd Edit: Nevermind, I decided I know how I will teach her. Stage builder's hazards will work great.
3RD Edit: I made the stage, and that fanfic y'all are talking about sounds really cool
4TH Edit: I used a custom stage to teach her Lucina's air attacks and whatnot but it seems I was going too fast, as her main takeaway was how to double jump
you could use lucina against her

Generation 383: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
15, he/him, and a self-proclaimed nerd.
————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————–
currently working on a touhou engine and/or fangame (feel free to ask me anything about it)
soendkernicholson
Scratcher
25 posts

GUYWHOLOVESCODE wrote:

Prove it to her by using down air and up special every time she's off the stage

Hello. I like manga, comics, video games, and Smash Bros Ultimate! Right now, I'm working on a manga called Ares: The League of Apocalypse. I'd like to make new chapters biweekly, so if you'd like that to happen, let me know. I'd help a lot.
NotYourTypicalBean
Scratcher
100+ posts

I was playing as sonic recently and I came to the realization that he is pretty good at edge guarding (use spin charge to get your opponent off the edge and into the air, and then spam homing attack to keep them from getting back)

Generation 383: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
15, he/him, and a self-proclaimed nerd.
————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————–
currently working on a touhou engine and/or fangame (feel free to ask me anything about it)
GUYWHOLOVESCODE
Scratcher
500+ posts

NotYourTypicalBean wrote:

you could use lucina against her
I dropped Marth recently and now use Chrom as my FE4 guy, and using Marth/Lucina feels like I’m in slow motion now.

So to teach her, I made a stage with a basic omega bottom that had two bomb blocks off the side at the distance I figured out those two could still guard and recover from, and then floating platform to show her air attacks and free fall as well as a small platform as high as battlefield’s lower two to reach her sharking and how the sword reaches really well. Music was obviously Brain Age.

Also I’ll have to modify the stage a good bit because she swapped to Roy because she REALLY likes his up air, but luckily has similar fundamentals, being another FE4. (Oh yeah, I refer to Marth and his clones as the Fire Emblem 4)

Anyways I was coming here to just say how satisfying their and Ike’s sword crunch is

For the love of everything, please snip quotes down to only the part you're responding to, it's painful to read excessively nested quotes.
Hey, I'm actually active in the forums again! Woo!
If a post is too long for you to read, link it on my profile and I'll do my best to paraphrase.
I have a pretty “3D” project
TheOneSage
Scratcher
100+ posts

*inhales* bUmP

you know Lance Slashblade from Inside Out 2? Imagine if someone mods him into Smash Bros

when green flag clicked
she/her
forever
question my existence
end
wutais_girl
Scratcher
56 posts

TheOneSage wrote:

*inhales* bUmP

you know Lance Slashblade from Inside Out 2? Imagine if someone mods him into Smash Bros
Just watched the movie myself and honestly I can kind of see it happening. He could be modded over Cloud lol

ajskateboarder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft_Master3964 wrote:

Is Kirby a good character?
Depends on how you play Kirby
do you have any tips?
Going under the ledge and using the up special to avoid being edgeguarded. (in my experience it works well but probably not for 15m gsp grinders) If you get immediately punished don't ever do this

One combo that I abuse a lot is the down arial, up smash, and neutral arial. The neutral arial is cool

C0D3N00B wrote:

Down Special is incredibly easy to punish. If you want a fast, downward hit, you're 9 times out of 10 better off using his Up Special.
Yeah - I'd imagine that the down special is good for edgeguarding though.. probably better than his down arial at least
CaptainVictoria
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I'm still horrible at air attacks unless I'm HIYAAH-ing someone to oblivion.

You? Nibelheim!! Me? G O N G A G A ! !

I'm a Final Fantasy and Ace Attorney fan, though I've never played FF for myself.
Call me a geek or a weeb, whatever. Because I'm proud of it.
Transformers especially I've looked at the Wiki so many times, I'll get into the entire lore, yes… I'm that person.

I'm told I'm very good at recreating characters from my fandoms (which I'm kind of closed off from…)
Anyhoo, here are some of my best models.

AA:
Miles Edgeworth
Klavier Gavin
Gregory Edgeworth
Godot
My AA RP.

The entire collection of character models…

Gregory looks cool and objects my posts from kumquats.