Discuss Scratch

-Iceserpent-
New to Scratch
17 posts

When Flag Clicked (Tutorial Website)

Naleksuh wrote:

Hey, has there been any progress on this? Right now a lot of people are using other mediums like a third-party wiki to host tutorials and I'm looking for an alternative space to there. But I don't feel like creating my own tutorial website if other users are already doing so. Will the so-called “when flag clicked” tutorial website be finished eventually?
Yup! I know I have already responded to you on my profile, but I'll post it here again so others can see. Progress has been slowed since most of the team members have school, during the summer are the most active project times.
han614698
Scratcher
1000+ posts

When Flag Clicked (Tutorial Website)

When Flag Clicked seems to be down - what is the cause?

<♀️ | Hannah | Middle School | Scratch Wikian | Forum Helper>

-Xanimation-
Scratcher
24 posts

When Flag Clicked (Tutorial Website)

Naleksuh wrote:

Hey, has there been any progress on this? Right now a lot of people are using other mediums like a third-party wiki to host tutorials and I'm looking for an alternative space to there. But I don't feel like creating my own tutorial website if other users are already doing so. Will the so-called “when flag clicked” tutorial website be finished eventually?
The external chat website d**c**d server associated with the project is extremely inactive and recent GitHub activity consists of only one repository star, so it might be safe to say that the When Flag Clicked website is not in active development and you might want to post tutorials somewhere else for the time being. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Signature stolen by me from @kccuber. My pronouns are xe/xem and I'm a maleman.

-Iceserpent-
New to Scratch
17 posts

When Flag Clicked (Tutorial Website)

-Xanimation- wrote:

Naleksuh wrote:

Hey, has there been any progress on this? Right now a lot of people are using other mediums like a third-party wiki to host tutorials and I'm looking for an alternative space to there. But I don't feel like creating my own tutorial website if other users are already doing so. Will the so-called “when flag clicked” tutorial website be finished eventually?
The external chat website d**c**d server associated with the project is extremely inactive and recent GitHub activity consists of only one repository star, so it might be safe to say that the When Flag Clicked website is not in active development and you might want to post tutorials somewhere else for the time being. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Why xan, why.
Verixion
Scratcher
100+ posts

When Flag Clicked (Tutorial Website)

-Xanimation- wrote:

Naleksuh wrote:

Hey, has there been any progress on this? Right now a lot of people are using other mediums like a third-party wiki to host tutorials and I'm looking for an alternative space to there. But I don't feel like creating my own tutorial website if other users are already doing so. Will the so-called “when flag clicked” tutorial website be finished eventually?
The external chat website d**c**d server associated with the project is extremely inactive and recent GitHub activity consists of only one repository star, so it might be safe to say that the When Flag Clicked website is not in active development and you might want to post tutorials somewhere else for the time being. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
rip my time used on this project, maybe 2 days

back in business

-Iceserpent-
New to Scratch
17 posts

When Flag Clicked (Tutorial Website)

Verixion wrote:

-Xanimation- wrote:

Naleksuh wrote:

Hey, has there been any progress on this? Right now a lot of people are using other mediums like a third-party wiki to host tutorials and I'm looking for an alternative space to there. But I don't feel like creating my own tutorial website if other users are already doing so. Will the so-called “when flag clicked” tutorial website be finished eventually?
The external chat website d**c**d server associated with the project is extremely inactive and recent GitHub activity consists of only one repository star, so it might be safe to say that the When Flag Clicked website is not in active development and you might want to post tutorials somewhere else for the time being. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
rip my time used on this project, maybe 2 days
Bruh
-Xanimation-
Scratcher
24 posts

When Flag Clicked (Tutorial Website)

-Iceserpent- wrote:

-Xanimation- wrote:

The external chat website d**c**d server associated with the project is extremely inactive and recent GitHub activity consists of only one repository star, so it might be safe to say that the When Flag Clicked website is not in active development and you might want to post tutorials somewhere else for the time being. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Why xan, why.
Because it's the harsh truth. There hasn't been much development recently on the project (to my knowledge). If I am wrong, please correct me.


Signature stolen by me from @kccuber. My pronouns are xe/xem and I'm a maleman.

Tallented-Code-bot
Scratcher
100+ posts

When Flag Clicked (Tutorial Website)

-Xanimation- wrote:

-Iceserpent- wrote:

-Xanimation- wrote:

The external chat website d**c**d server associated with the project is extremely inactive and recent GitHub activity consists of only one repository star, so it might be safe to say that the When Flag Clicked website is not in active development and you might want to post tutorials somewhere else for the time being. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Why xan, why.
Because it's the harsh truth. There hasn't been much development recently on the project (to my knowledge). If I am wrong, please correct me.
If development has stopped for now, when will it start again(if ever)?
PoIygon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

When Flag Clicked (Tutorial Website)

bump

:)
Tallented-Code-bot
Scratcher
100+ posts

When Flag Clicked (Tutorial Website)

-Iceserpent-
New to Scratch
17 posts

When Flag Clicked (Tutorial Website)

Tallented-Code-bot wrote:

-Xanimation- wrote:

-Iceserpent- wrote:

-Xanimation- wrote:

The external chat website d**c**d server associated with the project is extremely inactive and recent GitHub activity consists of only one repository star, so it might be safe to say that the When Flag Clicked website is not in active development and you might want to post tutorials somewhere else for the time being. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Why xan, why.
Because it's the harsh truth. There hasn't been much development recently on the project (to my knowledge). If I am wrong, please correct me.
If development has stopped for now, when will it start again(if ever)?
Probably around the summer time.
Virus6120
Scratcher
100+ posts

When Flag Clicked (Tutorial Website)

Let me start off by saying I am friends with the OP, Ryker, and we've been friends before the project was ever thought of. Now, I'm not going to claim full credit, or even quarter credit at all, but I oversaw the development of the WFC website from the beginning. I believe it was Ryker who came up with the idea, of a tutorial website, and I tagged along.

The original website was made in Google Sites, however we asked the help of some web developers to help us create this website.

It's mostly a dead project to everyone who was involved in it's creation now, though I am looking to revive it again by taking the reins myself. I don't know whether to make a fork or start anew however. Making a fork would save me a lot of time and would preserve the original intended design of the website, however we were considering switching over to Nuxt, and I can imagine that would take a while to do compared to if I just started from the ground up. Also, I don't understand any of the code from the original, and I am not quite eager to make the attempt to do so, therefore I should probably start fresh and come up with a different design for the website.

Too bad I don't have Ryker on board anymore, he would have had some money to invest in this project. I'll have to develop everything and host the website myself however.

Welcoming all contributors, explorers, and kumquats

Heya there, I'm currently doing some renovations to my signature, but you're welcome to stay if you like.
TheStrykerJay
Scratcher
100+ posts

When Flag Clicked (Tutorial Website)

Virus6120 wrote:

Let me start off by saying I am friends with the OP, Ryker, and we've been friends before the project was ever thought of. Now, I'm not going to claim full credit, or even quarter credit at all, but I oversaw the development of the WFC website from the beginning. I believe it was Ryker who came up with the idea, of a tutorial website, and I tagged along.

The original website was made in Google Sites, however we asked the help of some web developers to help us create this website.

It's mostly a dead project to everyone who was involved in it's creation now, though I am looking to revive it again by taking the reins myself. I don't know whether to make a fork or start anew however. Making a fork would save me a lot of time and would preserve the original intended design of the website, however we were considering switching over to Nuxt, and I can imagine that would take a while to do compared to if I just started from the ground up. Also, I don't understand any of the code from the original, and I am not quite eager to make the attempt to do so, therefore I should probably start fresh and come up with a different design for the website.

Too bad I don't have Ryker on board anymore, he would have had some money to invest in this project. I'll have to develop everything and host the website myself however.
Nah nah I'm on board for sure! Whatever you need! I plan to continue to fund the project!



silvxrcat
Scratcher
500+ posts

When Flag Clicked (Tutorial Website)

Virus6120 wrote:

(#272)
Let me start off by saying I am friends with the OP, Ryker, and we've been friends before the project was ever thought of. Now, I'm not going to claim full credit, or even quarter credit at all, but I oversaw the development of the WFC website from the beginning. I believe it was Ryker who came up with the idea, of a tutorial website, and I tagged along.

The original website was made in Google Sites, however we asked the help of some web developers to help us create this website.

It's mostly a dead project to everyone who was involved in it's creation now, though I am looking to revive it again by taking the reins myself. I don't know whether to make a fork or start anew however. Making a fork would save me a lot of time and would preserve the original intended design of the website, however we were considering switching over to Nuxt, and I can imagine that would take a while to do compared to if I just started from the ground up. Also, I don't understand any of the code from the original, and I am not quite eager to make the attempt to do so, therefore I should probably start fresh and come up with a different design for the website.

Too bad I don't have Ryker on board anymore, he would have had some money to invest in this project. I'll have to develop everything and host the website myself however.
Very cool. I really wasn't in the drama of development problems, but a fresh start might be what this project might need.

I would love to help.

TheStrykerJay
Scratcher
100+ posts

When Flag Clicked (Tutorial Website)

silvxrcat wrote:

Virus6120 wrote:

(#272)
Let me start off by saying I am friends with the OP, Ryker, and we've been friends before the project was ever thought of. Now, I'm not going to claim full credit, or even quarter credit at all, but I oversaw the development of the WFC website from the beginning. I believe it was Ryker who came up with the idea, of a tutorial website, and I tagged along.

The original website was made in Google Sites, however we asked the help of some web developers to help us create this website.

It's mostly a dead project to everyone who was involved in it's creation now, though I am looking to revive it again by taking the reins myself. I don't know whether to make a fork or start anew however. Making a fork would save me a lot of time and would preserve the original intended design of the website, however we were considering switching over to Nuxt, and I can imagine that would take a while to do compared to if I just started from the ground up. Also, I don't understand any of the code from the original, and I am not quite eager to make the attempt to do so, therefore I should probably start fresh and come up with a different design for the website.

Too bad I don't have Ryker on board anymore, he would have had some money to invest in this project. I'll have to develop everything and host the website myself however.
Very cool. I really wasn't in the drama of development problems, but a fresh start might be what this project might need.

I would love to help.
For sure! Whatever skills you have to offer we won't decline!



TheStrykerJay
Scratcher
100+ posts

When Flag Clicked (Tutorial Website)

Undead project moment.



TheStrykerJay
Scratcher
100+ posts

When Flag Clicked (Tutorial Website)

Ayo Virus, you still here? You still plan on working on the project?



Dotumantaraye
Scratcher
500+ posts

When Flag Clicked (Tutorial Website)

4wngregus1
Scratcher
100+ posts

When Flag Clicked (Tutorial Website)

It can still be found on the wayback machine

Last edited by 4wngregus1 (Feb. 20, 2022 22:40:36)


click here to go to the homepage
click for E*icques
highlight this text and go down to see more of my signature use shift and down if you are on a chromebook





















guide to make a clone in scratch 1.4

when [space v] key pressed
stamp
go to [mouse-poniter v]

story of kaj
kaj is a user who joined in 2008 and he did not like about why his projects did not get views so he made a projects that was about destroying scratch
and his account page is at https://scratch.mit.edu/users/kaj but he was banned and he is no longer on the site which now is a 404 error page lol

watch this sus project of modding scratch 1.2 ————–> https://turbowarp.org/670162970/embed

What are scratch blocks?

Blocks are six sided toys that preschoolers play with. They always try to stack them but they fall off

an image of blocks
hacktronics
Scratcher
100+ posts

When Flag Clicked (Tutorial Website)

The problem with scratch is they have featured projects, awesome IDE, but no tutorials or examples. There is no step by step approach, they should add some basic examples like Arduino have in their IDE an examples section.

CodeSkool: Beyond Scratch with ML, AI, Python, HTML5, Arduino, Games…

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile